Non-epic fail

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hotshotprime43, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

So i just read the Death of Optimus Prime and i know I'm a couple months late but holy crap i was truly disappointed! I mean thats how they write him out. Do the writers in comics even care about him. I mean in g1 he basically kills himself over a video game and now he just just leaves because a bunch of transformers return and hate on him. Way to run away from your responsibility! So yeah i also read RID #4 and yeah it was good without him and all but Optimus would not just leave his people like this what a disappointment!

2. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

>_> it's transformers yo. He will be back.

3. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Bunch = Millions.

Millions of Transformers returned to their world to find it in ruins and are hot pissed at the two armies that made it that way, with Optimus Prime chief in their sights. I think Optimus made the right call; if it meant that the NAILs would tolerate the Autobots' continued presence and enable them to start a provisional government, why not take off?

The war is ostensibly over and their civilization needs to rebuild. That's not a job for an Optimus Prime.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    By leaving, he ensured his people's safety and permitted them the opportunity to build a future. That's one hell of a call to make, and I respect it.

5. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.. that includes myself."

Optimus staying would have been forced servitude to the planet of Cybertron. That's not what Primes do. He was within his rights to leave and let more capable others lead Cybertron instead.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I agree with all the wisdoms said. It kinda sounds like the OP didn't really understand what the story was saying/doing. Was he actually expecting Optimus to die? Again? Sometimes there is a greater good done in just leaving rather than staying and making things worse for everyone. Besides which Optimus was pretty happy to be out of it. The guy deserves a holiday. Much less of a dickish way to remove himself from making a situation worse than when he handed himself over to the humans at the start of the ongoing. Almost everyone was complaining about that one, whereas I think the OP is the first person I've seen have a problem with Optimus leaving in Death of Optimus Prime.

7. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I think Optimus made the right decision by leaving both story wise and for my own personal reasons (I'm getting sick of the same old characters being the primary cast, which is why the new series' are making me so happy :)  )

8. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Optimus is a living symbol of the war and the destruction it caused, and he knows it. He wasn't abandoning his responsibilities, he was doing what was necessary to keep the war from continuing even worse than it had before...the NAILs could potentially have become a third faction and escalated the fighting even more.

I seriously doubt that Op was thrilled at the idea of leaving the home that he fought over for eons to wander around in the boondocks, but he did it because he thought it was the best thing for his species.

Same here! :D  I don't have anything against Optimus, but I'm glad he's mostly out of the picture now because I'm tired of him. Let some other characters get some page time!

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    He had no responsibility in peacetime, and he left so the people he was responsible for could live on their home planet.

Would you have preferred him to forcefully keep the Autobots there, against the will of their non-alligned race? What would happen then, when Cybertron's population revolted? Would you want Optimus Prime and the Autobots to shoot them, probably starting a new war? It was either that or take all the former Autobots away from their reclaimed home with him.

Seriously, it's not rocket science. There was no good alternative. Prime did the best thing he could, and I'm hoping you just don't want to understand it.

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is this a comic? I didn't see it anywhere where can I get it?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Either the Op is completely incapable of accepting resolution that doesn't end in a fight, or he's woefully ignorant of the story as a whole.

Optimus left because he has no responsibility. That's just it. As long as he's there people will see him as a symbol of the war. There are other, better-suited robots who can take charge in peacetime. As long as he remains on Cybertron he will only block progress. Hence, he leaves, finally doing something for himself after a lifetime of selflessness.

It is. It's a one-shot titled, well, Death of Optimus Prime. I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to find one at your local comic shop or find a person online willing to sell you one.

12. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

You can get it from Comixology. And since it's been out for a while, the price has dropped to a very affordable $1.99.

Then be sure to check out the two new series that come after it. :) 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    MTMTE in particular is quite a read. :)