Non-appearance Movie toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheCuddlyDevil, Jul 20, 2008.

1. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

First of all, I'm sorry about making so many threads asking which toys to get. It's just that I'm staying here for one more week and then I'm back to staring at those dull Alternator Ravage-infested shelves.

I've been seeing alot of non-appearance Movie toys, and thought some of them looked nice but needed to check some reviews. But the reviews give them high grades! I'm worried about buying one and then regretting it because the reviewer had slightly lower standards than mine when it comes to TF toys.

So, anyway. What are some of the good non-appearance Movie toys? (I already have Wreckage, and he's pretty cool)

2. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of the new molds are fantastic IMO.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My two favorites are Longarm and Stockade. IMO they mesh with other lines better than a lot of the movie bots, they've got somewhat of a more classic style.

4. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    incinerator. hes even on clearance at target if you can find him.

5. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Landmine, Stockade and Longarm are all cool

6. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    This! ^

Also, Wreckage is all kinds of cool.

7. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Stockade for sure. I think Overcast is pretty cool, and Arcee.
    Landmine is win with alot of people but he was very meh IMO

8. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I have Wreckage, Swindle, Overcast and Dreadwing and they're all great figs. some other great movie figs that don't appear in the movie is the Cyb Repaints like Big Daddy and Grindcore.

9. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Longarm and the purple/grey truck (can't think of his name; the guy Salvage is repainted from) are probably my two favorites, and they make a good nemesis pair.

That said, Landmine is a very nice, realistic mold with a great weapon and real shocks on the wheels. Stockade isn't bad, but not particularly inspiring.

Between Dreadwing and Overcast, Overcast wins out due to his great colorscheme. However, Dreadwing's is much more accurate for a MiG-29.

I think Swindle looks better than Camshaft, but I also didn't like the idea of an Autobot in one of the drone bodies.

Payload is a nice color scheme, fun gimmick, and interesting transformation, but he's short and a lot of his parts fall off easily.

Incinerator is fun, if a bit simplistic and lacking in bot mode paint apps. Great V-22 mode.

I'm not a huge fan of arcee. Nothing really locks down in bot mode and her limbs have somewhat restricted movement. Her weapon works well, though, and her bike mode looks very good. If you wanted to shell out the money, I'd go for the Japanese black repaint, which comes with a tiny Allspark cube and looks like the bike used by Lennox in the movie.

Overall, the non-movie molds are pretty good. They add a lot of diversity in both alt mode choice and robot mode design. For those of us who weren't thrilled with the movie aesthetic, they are pretty satisfying since a lot of them gravitate back toward a more "normal" tf design style and transformation scheme.

If it's down to one, though, get Longarm. He's very posable, his truck mode appears in the movie, and his weapon looks great. He also looks good alongside Ironhide.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    All of them are very cool. The only ones I'd say hold off on is Swindle/ Camshaft, Payload and Arcee unless you can get them cheap. Longarm, Landmine, Dropkick, Overcast/ Dreadwing (Overcast is my preference), Stockade and Incinrerator are all fun molds. Evac is also a great remold of Blackout.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1. Longarm
    2. Landmine
    3. Arcee
    4. Dropkick
    5. Stockade

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are all great but payload and swindle are by far the weakest in the line

13. TheCuddlyDevil

Wow, you guys are giving me alot to work with!

I made a text file and compiled points. And the toys that got the most props are Long Arm, Stockade, Landmine and Overcast. I've looked at pics and they all look-kick ass.

Hmm, I guess I'll just buy those and save myself the trouble of thinking about whether or not to buy Movie Leader Brawl haha. I always preferred deluxes anyway.

So, anyway, that's my list. Look good?

Thanks alot for all the feedback, guys. It helps alot. (I'll post pics of what I got later on)

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd go with Dropkick instead of Overcast... but it's your decision.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Likewise, I'd take Dropkick as well. He's probably my favorite deluxe from the movie line.

Also, just kinda curious...what's the difference between looking to the feedback section (which compiles the opinions of the board members) and just asking us here..?

16. TheCuddlyDevil

Well, there are a couple of reasons. For starters, searching for the feedback threads is kinda tedious and difficult.

But the more important reason is that nearly all of the comments on the feedback threads praise the toy either by "I have the toy and it's awesome!" or "Can't wait to get my hands on'em!" So I really can't figure out which toy is more popular (unless I count the post count, which I don't believe is a worthy representation), or if that toy didn't rub so well on many.

Hope that answers your Q.

17. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    This. Stockade even makes a decent Trailbreaker with some Reprolabels.

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Definately get Landmine, Stockade, Longarm and I would buy salvage, it's the same as dropkick but has a better color scheme.

19. Indiancowboy

Indiancowboy Well-Known Member

love my landmine, wreckage, and longarm. Some of my fave deluxes.

incinerator looks fairly cool, but I'm probably not going to pick him up.

20. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

As far as Non-Movie guys go my personal favs are:

-Wreckage: who you already have, so you know he's cool.
    -Dropkick: Fantastic figure! Really nice and unique transformation. Great colors.
    -Incinerator: Got him on sale at Target for $14. Kinda basic transformation, but awesome chopper mode, great colors, amazing arm movement (despite his lack of hands), and I just dig him :)