Nokia Cell Phone Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Omega Supreme-1, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt anyone here has one, but if you know about the Nokia 6102i i'd like your assistance. I have the Nokia 6102, but it's now broken completely in two pieces are much use. I was wondering if anyone could explain me how using new memory cards with cell phones work, since I'd like to expand to a bigger one from what came with my first cell phone like 4 years ago, also what kind of memory card is compatible with this phone.

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From a quick search on the web it look like that phone cannot be used with a memory card, however it can be connected to a PC using Nokia's USB cable which would allow the download of images and video on the phone.

Memory cards work much like they do in digital cameras.
    They allow additional storage space in addition to the phones own internal memory (which has to deal with operatin system, images, etc)
    Phones won't all take the same memory card, some Nokia phones will use miniSD cards, where as some Sony Ericsson will use Memory Stick or M2 cards.

Also from the images I could see is that it's a flip phone, and if I'm reading your post correctly it looks like it's broken in two and not working? If so then why would you want a memory card for it?

3. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm getting a new phone...i'm getting the Nokia 6102i, while I had the regular Nokia 6102. I just wanted to know if I could upgrade it with an additional memory card or not. The reason why I ask is since I would like to be able to have more memory than just the 4mb that the phone is going to have :/

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

nokia! they know the way of the samurai!

5. Omega Supreme-1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay I just read up on some stuff, and I understand now. Going with the Nokia 6126, it's free too. Pretty much the same phone, slightly different form factor, and better features.

6. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I was wondering who would be the first to jump in with that line :lol 

And I almost got the Nokia 6102 myself last time I upgraded. It's a cute and sturdy little phone, but I didn't like the antenna on it.

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keep it away from any Allsparks you've got in the house. Seriously.

(sorry ;) )