No Way Megs Crashed Because Of His Navigational System

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by strscrm, Nov 11, 2007.

1. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

In the Movie, when Sector Seven was talking about NBE-1 (Megatron), they said that he probably crashed into the ice because when passing over the north pole, its magnetic fields scrambled his navigational systems. WHAT?!!! Megatron was the toughest of all Transformers in the movie, even Prime. He crashed because his navigation systems were screwed up, I strongly doubt that. Even if they were fried, he could have flown manually and landed fine. Something else was to blame for his crash.

My answer, GRIMLOCK. While traveling through space chasing after the Allspark with feverish intent, Megatron was pursued by Autobot behemoth, Grimlock. Both of these mechanical titans fought each other tooth and nail through the empty void of space. Even though Megatron faired better in the struggle than Grimlock, both warriors entered Earth's atmosphere severely damaged. While succumbing to the Earth's gravitational pull, both slipped into stasis lock. In a scene reminiscent of the Axalon and Darkside's crash upon prehistoric Earth that sparked the Beast Wars, both Megatron and Grimlock rocketed to the planets surface in different directions. While Megatron pierced the Artic ice caps, Grimlock cometed into the mountainous region of what is now the state of Montana in the United States. Unlike Megatron, Grimlock's onboard computer searched feverishly to attain an Earth-based alternate form in order to prevent any further damage to the monstrous Autobot. The search found no suitable life forms that were still living. What the search did end up finding was the fossilized remains of the planet's once true king, a Tyrannosaurus Rex. In his new Beast Mode, Grimlock would sleep peacefully for thousands of years until one faithful day when he would be discovered by a couple of anxious scientists that were excavating the site.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Um... that's a good guess. I'm not a huge fan of the whole Grimlock origins thing, though I like the idea of a mid-space fight rendering both FUBAR.

However, they only said they thought it was our alien gravitational/magnetic feild that caught him off-guard, it will always be a mystery exactly what caused his crash. One factor probably was, he wasn't a protoform, so his body in that state wasn't designed to withstand a crash landing and be relativley unharmed.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Maybe a solar flare or some other kind of radiation emission exceeded the limitations of his system and, disoriented, he got caught in earth's gravitational field at a poor angle, passing through the atmosphere and crashing. Assuming the cybertronians who arrived later had the benefit of controlling their entry angle and slowing their approach, his crash could have been much more damaging.

4. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its cause he was too hto when he landed and the ground melted below him

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

His navigational systems are a key part of his flight, fuck that up and boom, he crashes

Even the world's strongest man has a vulnerable pair of balls

6. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Uh the Prequel comic says:

"Too late, I realize, my own mass and external body temperature spell my downfall!"

That explains how he ended up under the ice, before that however:

"I hit a radiation blind spot in the upper atmosphere. Sensors go offline."

That explains the 'No-nav" theory the S7 guys were guessing at.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He didn't even crash. He lasnded fine and his body melted into the ice, which he wasn't used to. Read the movie prequel for more details.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I don't think we can really count the prequel as movie canon. But that is one theory.

9. Altercron

Id point out that it says "The Official Prequel To The Summer's Blockbuster Movie" on the top of the cover, but it also says that on the book and we all know how accurate it is (ie the year Megs was moved is different in it). But as far as goes things referenced later in the movie, I think the Prequel is closer to overall accurateness than the novel, and i count it as canon.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The prequel comic is definitely 100% OFFICIAL canon.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    they said it messed up his telemetry, not his navigation systems. his navigation systems were what was accidentally activated by Sam's great grandfather.

what doesn't make sense is that ice freezes him, but space doesn't...

"Weee, flying in 3 degrees Kelvin sure is fun. But I'd better stay away from that ice. I may freeze to death."

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It makes perfect sense. There's no moisture in space, so the cold doesn't bother him. However, when water and ice get into his systems and joints and freezes, encasing him, then he's fucked. When he crashed, the force of his impact melted the ice around him, then, being all out of it, it refroze and... well, froze him solid. (If his telemitry and other systems weren't so damaged, he could've reacted faster after crashing and escaped, but alas, he just wasn't prepared)

13. Altercron

AH, I was trying to think of an answer to why Space didn't hurt him, but ice did. That makes perfect sense. If we still had rep you'd get a +2 for that one.

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    excellent point

15. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    He shouldve had Onstar

16. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Think of any satallite. The depths of space don't affect them, temperature wise. But a dunk in the Antarctic waters would certainly fuck it up.

And in regards to the prequal comic, or the book for that matter...there are things that contradict the movie, and vice-versa but they mostly minor details. Largely, the comic is canon.
    The comic and book were based on the original script. That script was revised several times since the comic and novel started production.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    He was flying drunk.

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Sector 7 has no damn clue what happened, but they have a bloated budget and all the time in the world to sit around in a room and say
    "maybe his telemetry got all wonky and he crashed"
    "yeah, that's what it was, you're a genious, Ted!"

Woo, thermodynamics!

19. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

Booo... I do NOT want dinosaurs/dinobots in any big screen transformers movies.

If you want dinosaurs watch Jurassic park, there are 3 of them.

20. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

There's no logical way to put dinosaurs, let alone a robot disguised as a dinosaur in a movie that takes place in present day Earth. Ignoring some sort of genetic engineering crap, which frankly would be cheating in my eyes and make me not want to see the movie.