No voice or in game chat?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Robcbh, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For PC only

I would suspect in a multi player game where you have to co-ordinate your efforts there would be some kind of in-game chat, but i havent found it. I got the retail version but decided i would get the steam version as well just so i can get the chat overlay. This along with a few other things is ganna make this game hard to stick around for cause you might as well be playing with/against AI in team deathmatch.

2. tgg7979

tgg7979 I want the matrix

Ebay:
    Are you talking strictly PC here, cause I was playing just a few minutes ago on PS3 and was hearing lots of in game chat.

3. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh yeah Strickly PC

4. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Teamspeak to the rescue.
    But what did you expect from a cheap port.

5. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Works for me I don't have a mic, besides, even though I know it's supposed to be helpful to teams, I find them to be more annoying then helpful, on account that many times you find yourself partnered with some a**hole who won't shut up.

6. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

I wish it was there but I have to agree with Nemesis...If I am playing with friends and I want chat we can just use something else...

7. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PC games don't get the love they used to from developers, and won't in the future unless something revolutionary happens, like people actually buying PC games.

voice or text chat is alpha omega for me when playing online. I can't sit for hours playing with/against people I can't communicate with.

8. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    true, witch leads me to my next issue why cant you choose sides so you can play with friends and not assholes?

Now why would a developer sit down and say 'Im not ganna put chat into a game, because hell they could always play ANOTHER game'. Thats just not a smart business decision. The reason i bought the game was to play it, not to go 'oh well cant chat'.I find it hard to sit down and play a CO-OP game when i cant communicate with teammates. It would make co-op way more fun if we COOPERATED instead each player hopeful that non-verbally we know what the other is doing. It would also make the muliplayer more competitive with soldier actually calling for scientists or having a solider call point so that everyone doesnt run off like morons, like they usually do.

The PC gaming community i think hinges on TF:WFC developers to put something out there that allows you to have some form of communication. I would prefer chat as i dont have a mic anyways.

I just dont understand how in a CO-OP MULTIplayer game there is no way to communicate with your teammates...its making me crazy. I will say the campaign is good enough o carry me through the game at least once by myself.

9. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    PC games traditionally don't integrate chat communication because for the most part:
    A) You don't want to hear the opposing team
    B) If you are with friends, you are most likely using Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Skype, etc

10. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it incredibly annoying the few times i have played this game online and i've had someone bantering mindlessly when i'm trying to enjoy my game. I wish there was an off function for voice chat.

This is why I hate multiplayer.

11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    X-fire seems to work wonders to allow this, whether by chat window, or voice chat in the chatroom.

I don't have a mic yet, but that's how I'll be doing it once I do, so I can just press scroll X to see the menu now.

Works for the chat room too. bring up the menu glance at anything said or respond back, and scroll +X back into game.

Granted I have mine now set to shift+X for speed.

Communication is a must, as I found out for Co-op. You glitch out into a place no one can see or reach you, how can you tell them? They think you just bailed.
    Same to escalation if someone needs to be rezzed, and you don't check on your teammates names.

12. sparty2304

sparty2304 Active Member

I didnt mean another game ...I meant like Ventrilo or Skype or something like that. but I do agree...on all other points.

13. Robcbh

Robcbh Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I dont know how to get the chat box to show while in game. I have the steam version of the game, it should be noted