No Truce: An possible attempt for make sequels?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 2, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i just had a theory of why Bay changed the Original ending for DOTM in Where Optimus accepted Megatron Truce and allowed him and the remaining cons to rebuild cybertron to Optimus Killing Megatron

Think about it, if Optimus had accepted the truce (the truce shown in the adaptations the ones in where Megatron is tired of fighting and such; unlike the movie in where he jsut wanted control) then the Autobots and Decepticons would be no longer fighting and they would be in peace, it could likely rule out an possible sequel (unless Megatron truce was a fake one and optimsu fell for out) considering there would be no more war with the 2 factions

As you know Hasbro and Paramounts wants Bay to make a fourth (and likely a fifth movie), so what if Bay having Optimus not accepting the truce was an possible attempt for leave open the possibilities for new sequels if the studio and hasbro wanted more, cause No Truce = War is still ongoing

its just an theory. what u think?

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think it was more the other way around, he changed it so we could end the war for good, kill Megatron once and for all.

If they had a truce [as people constantly describe], it would happen exactly the same way it happened back on Cybertron: Megatron would grow power-hungry over the years and then start another War.

This is the most likely outcome due both the story [Megs' personality] and his role in the marketing [main face of the 'Cons].

3. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Ya this. kinda sucks that poor megs died though

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Where was this original ending - in a previous draft of the script? this is the first I've heard of it...

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Could be, but the truce wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense with what was kept/missing from the novel in the film.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yep in the early draft of DOTM as every Adaptation of DOTM have the same ending, Optimus accepting the Truce. (remember the adaptations are written based on what the early scripts show)

7. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Yeah, from what I understand. But when I asked Nelson (the admin of Bay's site) here on the TFW2005 boards, he said that they changed the ending from the one in the previous draft of the script because they wanted it to be unpredictable, meaning that they wanted it to be different from the novels and comics.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    They definitely made the right call.

9. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    uh?

10. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Which pretty much puts the comics and novel outside of canon... I really preferred the novel's ending, but I'm sure Mr. Bay thought it didn't have enough finality to close out the trilogy.

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The truce as presented in the novelization was probably the single stupidest thing to come up in the Bay trilogy.

"Okay Megatron, you take all the Decepticons back to Cybertron and rebuild it. We'll all be here completely unaware of anything you're doing, so you have to pinky-swear to be good."

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    As long as TF4 is never made i'l accept it.

13. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    If it was a possible attempt Megatron wouldn't of got torn apart. A better way to do a sequal would be to have the truce but Megatron starts the war again making Prime look like an idiot for accepting. I can't stand Transformers coming back to life

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I think it was a combination of Bay rushing every film and Bay not wanting to make another. He tried to end the whole thing by killing everything off. All the Cons are dead and the Autobots and hatchlings will die of Starvation.

I would much rather have a TF4 with Decepticon terrorists attacking earth and Megatron gets called down from Cybertron to help the Autobots handle it.

15. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

I have to agree with Sso02V, and I'm thankful that Michael Bay changed the ending; the truce would have been out of character for Optimus, especially after the "We will kill them all" line. I'm willing to bet that's why Mr. Bay did it.

As for the future, a new Decepticon could rise up and take command.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

And there's my problem with movie Optimus, peace is out of character for him.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    They had peace, then Megatron fucked it all up.

18. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

When you been in war with someone for thousands of years, do you just accept a truce all of a sudden? When just moments before they tried to destroy another planet and it's civilization?

19. Cranckasional

Cranckasional Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus accepting the truce would had been plain Corny and stupid, no offence but think:

Megatron DID pretty much destroy the whole transformers race and world, if someone did that would you really accept a truce? especially when they already betrayed you once (its as if Sentinel would had asked for a truce at the end and optimus accepting.... you see what I mean?), and the battle was over by the time Megatron offered a truce,,, I see the "truce" as Megatron learning from starscreams coward ways after so many years and finally putting them to GOOD use....

Think about it

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If anything, the truce ending would've better allowed for the possibility of more sequels.