No Transformers 4 - That's Right I Said It

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

As the title suggests, I don't want a TF4; not even a reboot. This is how I think the live-action Transformers movies should continue on. And yes it's a TF4 thread but with a COMPLETELY NEW IDEA.

So everybody wants TF4 to wait a little while to give room for Aligned right? Well how about a movie dedicated to a particular series of comics.

G.I. JOE vs. The Transformers.

With the new movie Retaliation coming out this year, and a hopeful trilogy for G.I. JOE (I'm a huge JOE fan), wouldn't it be awesome to see a G.I. Joe and Transformers crossover? No reboot and no TF 4 just a crossover that has been done with the comics and I feel could translate very well to live action.

The way I see it happening is G.I. JOE finishes their trilogy (new movie for 2014-15 I'm guessing) and then Paramount starts working on the crossover which would likely be released 2017-18 if this happens. Then it would give a lot of breathing time for Transformers: Prime and the like and introduce a wole new aspect of The Transformers and their relationship with the humans. Screw NEST, G.I. JOE could do all that and bring some new fans over.

Rob Orci and Alex Kurtzman have stated somewhere (can't remember where but I'm sure they did) that Transformers and Rise of Cobra were in the same continuity; so it wouldn't be shoehorning the connection in.

This could bnring whole new characters and a new generation of even more fans for Transformers. And welcome many new members to TFW and Hisstank as an added bonus.

So what do you think? G.I. JOE vs. The Transformers trilogy or just some reboot/TF4?

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I would rather see the Autobots ally with the A-Team.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Transformers Vs. My Little Pony. /thread.

4. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

While that's a good idea, they've yet to crossover TF and GI Joe directly (yes they implied the TF/GIJoe/Jem/Inhumaniods continuity, and had CC make a single appearance but nothing as drastic as GI Joe working with the TFs) in animation yet, nevermind a big budget, live action film.

If Avengers is a smash hit (and it probably will be) then maybe Hasbro will think about it. But Avengers took a whopping 4 films over a 6 year period to set up. So it's unlikely they'd just jump right to crossover.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No, what your title suggests is that there isn't going to be one. Unfortunately for you, you have a much better chance of getting TF4 than a TF/GI Joe crossover movie. Hasbro has been pretty clear about not wanting to do crossover toys any time soon. So a movie seems even less likely.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    rebooot

7. Ironhide1706

My title suggests there wll be no TF4 then I go on to say in my opinion there won't be one. And yes, Hasbro doesn't wish to make crossover toys but wait six or seven years.

I'll admit I laughed at the MLP and A-Team ideas. :lol 

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    They've called it a last ditch move, for when they've run out of all other ideas. I think Transformers is going strongly enough that it will take a lot longer than 7 years for them to feel they've reached that point.

Also, I think they'd want the franchises to be on more even footing again, as they were back in the mid-1980s. Right now, crossing over with TF would elevate GI Joe, but crossing over with GI Joe would drag TF down. The GI Joe franchise needs to get back on its feet first somehow. Hopefully, the new movie does well, which would be a start.

9. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

The Autobots and Elements of Harmony combine forces to defeat the evil Decepticons and Discord! I'd pay good money to see that movie.

10. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Nah, the GI Joe movie was already bad, and to put them fighting against the transformers would kinda be an insult to movie-series tf's. I like GI Joe but the movie really sucked. Besides Baroness she was hot

11. Ironhide1706

Good point Shockwave, but Retaliation looks 100,000,000 times better and could pick up the franchise from where it sits because of ROC.

And the collector, please don't make this a bronie thread. ;) 

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i want see new tf 4 movie
    no reboot tf movie

13. thecollector

thecollector Will pet your dog

It was a joke. Contrary to popular belief, one can mention ponies without the goal of derailing the entire thread in a great brony crusade. On the topic of transformers 4 though, I'm torn on weather or not I want it to be made. TF4 would mean the writers would have to create some creative plot to make up for all the dead main characters we used to know, but that could turn out bad and make us wish for a reboot. The problem with a reboot is, I don't want to see the same old plot building and other stuff done yet again.

14. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I say just let it die, everything eventually does. It's just nature, nothing in nature can go on forever.

Face it, this forum will rip each other to shreds just for a small glimmer of hope that this Bayverse will be eternal, well it will not. People will bitch and moan and will fight for a TF4 down to their last breath, but just accept the reality: the series is dead and not even Dark Energon will re-animate this series in the movies. And if they do, the results will be just as ugly as the zombies that Dark Energon makes.

And Primus no reboot. The ride was fun, but it's time to get off before Michael Bay blows it up.

15. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are positives for both sides. I would love to see a continuation because I feel the third one did not end the right way. A reboot would be great to see a new approach and new attempt at a nearly flawless(hey I can dream, can't I) trilogy which would be AMAZING. I'm okay with either happening

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You need to face the reality that nothing which makes more than a billion dollars in theaters worldwide will be allowed to die by the bean-counters who run the movie studios. Contrary to popular belief and wishful thinking, their job isn't to create art or even to present entertaining stories. It's to make money. So yeah, they will keep doing whatever thing is making them money until the point it no longer does.

That's reality.

17. Ironhide1706

I know it was a joke, sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet. :eek: 

18. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Don't you think I fucking know that?

Of course it's to make money, that's why they did it in the first place. Greed and avarice runs the fucking world, of course how good or bad it is doesn't matter to them. The movie industry is almost just as corrupt as all industries are. But they can't go on forever like this.

It's like riding an old horse, you're going to kill it eventually but you'll use it till it can't work no more (which is where the movies are right now) and just blow it's brains out and find another horse to beat to death. Hollywood will forget this franchise and go to another, like parasites moving from a sick host to a healthy one.

19. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz I LIVE

News Credits:
    They can't be in the same contenuity in the begining of rise of cobra there in Egypt showing the pyramids and there's no damage to them remember roc came out after rotf so the pyramid should be toast also where were the joes during the rotf fight I think they would of noticed giant robots upstairs so no I don't think there in the same continuity

20. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Eh, the Joes and the G1 TFs never showed any signs of meeting either, despite occasionally being in places where they should have crossed paths. And nobody on Jem ever stopped their music drama talk to mention the giant robots, or terrorists that were apparantly attacking some major location on a daily basis.