No Trailbreaker love?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gir, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

So I know no one knows for sure if we're getting a classics Trailbreaker, but I've noticed that he seems to be low on the list of G1 characters to include or get homages. I know he almost had 2 alternators, but got cut from them both. I'm guessing he would have had a reissue eventually in eithe r the book style ones or the ones in the US if they hadn't stopped both of them. I would imagine his old mold is ok since we got a Hoist. Just curious as to why he seems to get left out alot.

2. n_tel_ekt

n_tel_ekt Wreaker

Im hoping the classics series eventually covers all the original cast... They're off to a great start. They dont have many left to go and the amount of repaint value for any new mold is pretty high. Heres to a Classics Trailbreaker and Hoist!

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I don't think Hasbro can use the name Trail Breaker any more.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I'd like a retool of the Animated Rachet mold into both Trailbreaker and Hoist.

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    The major reason for the loss of a reissue trailbreaker particulaly is a lost/destroyed mold. Which means they would have to reverse engineer the mold which gets expensive. And reissues have a limited appeal in the U.S. do to the infamous clearance of the toys r us reissues in 2003 (I think). Where as over in japan if its a robot it will sell.

I'm glad I have my g1 trailbreaker. got him for $10. Loads and loads of fun.
    Most of it other than the head and the canopy is g1 hoist. So since they did do the hoist reissue. I'm not sure if they only have to remold those two parts and then connect them in the factorys instead of hoists parts.

could be as simple as a part swap.

They could probably get away with changeing the head on classics ironhide to make a trailbreaker. But that really just cost more money to go through health and safety again rather than just doing a repaint.

6. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i'd love to see a classics 2.0 trailbreaker, even if they change the name..he looks really cool in G1 and im a major fan, even though ive not seen toooo much of him (im new, still into G1 season 2)...i'd really love to see this figure, even if its a redeco, though i think it'll have to be a new mold...please, hasbro/

7. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Definately Hasbro should do a Classics Trailbreaker, and seeing that they are doing many of the original Ark crew, I'm sure it's on Hasbro's plans already.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    No, no love for Trailbreaker here. Just don't give a crap about the character. I'd sooner see a Classics Wheelie.

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I always had a soft spot for G1 Trailbreaker, not so much in the toon but I always liked the toy quite a bit and would love to see some sort of G1 homage to him. Also held out that we might see some sort of Alternators repaint or something for him but alas I guess it just wasint meant to be, oh well someday.

10. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Classics 2.0 Trailbreaker would be great. But I would rather see a Wheeljack.

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Just going to quote myself, and maybe add a little to it, from this thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/187922-modern-day-trailbreaker.html

A repaint of Ironhide with a new head would do the job, imo. Not sure I'd buy it though. A new mold Voyager would be cool, but he'd be more likely to get a Deluxe figure, imo.

12. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the reason we haven't had a new Trailbreaker is because Chevy have a carout called Trailblazer. Hasbro don't want to even risk the possible copyright infringement (even we all know they could say "this is the original, named in 1984, here's the cartoon from then" case closed)

Overhaul in Cybertron was meant to be called Trailbreaker but they couldn't get the trademark, hence why the later version of him was called Leobreaker.

13. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker himself was reissued in 2001 by Takara. I imagine if the Hasbro/TRU reissues had sold better and lived on that Trailbreaker would have been made. A bigger issue seems to be the unavailiability of the name.

Trailbreaker was one of my early favorite TFs so I'd realy love to seem him as a Classic. A new mold would be great, but I'd still snatch up a black repaint of Ironhide if that's all they can muster. Or at the very least maybe I'll have to resort to a Classic Ratchet and some black dye.

14. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love an updated Trailbreaker.

Along with Wheeljack, Red Alert, Tracks, Skids, Broadside, ect ect and so on and so forth.

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Ouch :lol 

I remember having the original as a kid and wouldn't have minded a reissue instead of Hoist.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i think ehobby trailbreaker would like a word with you lol...

Japanese transformers E HOBBY TRAILBREAKER MISB RARE - eBay (item 150278163492 end time Aug-31-08 15:45:07 PDT)

17. newguy

newguy i

I will be upset if they dont make a classics trailbreaker.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'd like to see all the cars make it to classics personally, even if some of them are just repaints.

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Trailbreaker was the first Transformer I ever had and I would love to see a Classics update for him. It doesn't matter if Hasbro lost the Trailbreaker trademark, they can name him Autobot Trailbreaker or Trailblazer or Trail Braker if they need to, as long as we get a new figure that looks like Trailbreaker. They finally got around to doing Ironhide and Ratchet justice, so I really don't think a new Trailbreaker is too far fetched.

20. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    ah yeah...i forgot about that...i'd love a wheeljack even more