No stickers on the new TF's??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by browndinner, Jul 7, 2012.

1. browndinner

browndinner Member

Just picked up a Voyager Shockwave and a Prime Cliffjumper... Neither if these have any faction stickers (autobot/decepticon) in them or have them pre-printed on... Is this normal? I just started buying the newer figures of old G1 charachters because they're starting to look pretty badass and was wondering what everyone else does as far as buying stickers from an aftermarket TF website, cobrastickers etc...

2. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

I don't even know when the last time Hasbro did stickers...

But no they don't have stickers.

Also for your reference to the Sigils/Symbols the PRID line doesn't seem to have them really. On the Voyagers yes. On the Deluxes? Nope.

If you want to get symbols and stickers I HIGHLY recommend Reprolabels.

3. browndinner

browndinner Member

Awesome! Thanks!

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Prime Cyberverse also still have faction logos. Which is nice since that's pretty much all I'm collecting from the line these days.

5. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

No problem. You are welcome.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess Hasbro must really be tight on production costs because prior to TFP, I can't seem to remember when faction symbols have been excluded on so many toys in a particular line.

7. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Ditto.

My guess is that the Mainline and Cyberverse were planned by two separate design teams. The Cyberverse team thought faction symbols were a priority, and the other team didn't.

8. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I am not sure about Transformers: Prime, but I hate it when Hasbro puts a faction symbol on every Transformer even though some did not have one in the show.

9. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Voyager Shockwave does have 1 faction symbol. It's on the tip of the barrel of his cannon. Also, Reprolabels is awesome for getting faction symbols.

10. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

reprolabels is quite possibly one of the greatest sticker companies out there. As for the last time Hasbro used Stickers on their TF releases, The Toys'R'Us Exclusive Rodimus Prime Masterpiece figure came with extra stickers

11. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Stickers have proven not to stand the test of time as well as pain apps, so they were phased out before Beast Wars.

Re-issues [some of them], a few masterpiece figures and takara's AM line is where stickers are still present...

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

I do have to admit the exclusion of faction symbols is concerning, especially since the FE's have them and budgeting can't be stressed to the point where they can't even tampo one measly show-accurate symbol on the little chest panel that pops up on Wheeljack (who is actually quite lean in the paint department), but his repaint Dead End not only has significantly more paint apps but has a very prominent Con symbol on his right shoulder AND a retooled head.

The Arms Micron figures continue to look better and better, because the sticker quality might suck, but at least you get the things you expect on a figure from them.

Pain apps? I didn't know Transformers once appealed to machoists.

13. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To me, what's made TF toys or shows unique and different from the other generic robots beside the typical story and characteristic, are the TFs logo/ insignia (Autobots, Decepticons). Hopefully Hasbro does not forget that.

Although I prefer tempograph, if that's too expensive, then I expect sticker sheet to be included. I am disappointed that some of TF Prime figures do not come with insignia. Of course, this will help me to decide whether to purchase TTomy or Hasbro version.

14. Pencoin

Pencoin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine they were supposed to have rubsigns originally considering they changed the name to 'revealers' as the newer PRid Deluxes (DeadEnd, Airachnid) have faction symbols. Odd but nothing a reprolabel can't fix.