No Smokescreen appreciation.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by exoduselita, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Rumble518

Rumble518 Well-Known Member

I just don't see how Arcee can lecture some one about putting the "TEAM FIRST" when she has ran off and did her own thing on more then one occasion!
    I hope they have someone maybe Op or Bluk call her out on that!

2. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    I agree Exo, Arcee needs to lighten up or else it will come back and kick her in the ass.

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Yet because of her, Smokescreen left the base and got captured by the cons and could be killed by them. All because she couldn't listen to Prime and just back off.

There is a time for talk and a time to shut up, that was shut up time.

4. Una

Una Well-Known Member

Smokescreen needs guidance. The only one who seems to do it right is Bulkhead. Optimus? Too busy decoding. Arcee? She rubs him off the wrong way because of her aggressive, blunt attitude (Not attacking the character, just explaining she really isn't the right mentor for Smokescreen.)

I'm disappointed that this team really sucks with dealing with a rookie. Bulkhead does it right it seems, though.

Bulkhead and Smokescreen really need to partner up in my opinion.

5. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    He didn't have to run off, but he did. He's pretty immature for an Elite Guardsman.

If he can't take a "scolding", maybe he shouldn't be there with the Autobots afterall.

6. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

While I still stand by my feelings I stated in my first post, I want to thank you guys for pointing these things out to me about the other members of the team. I guess I was so disgusted by the end of the episode I just didn't stop to think about it. I've come to realize my disgust is with Arcee which I won't go into here because I have said how I feel in many other threads. Bulkhead is starting to do it right since he's recovered. I think Ratchet may even have a soft spot for him. Though he will never admit it. :lol 

7. Light Warrior

Light Warrior Photon Soldier

I like Smokescreen's character, but he is a little wet behind the ears, metaphorically speaking. It was a bit rash of Arcee to chew Smokescreen out when he was already beating himself up over a failure, and while she said what Smokescreen needed to hear, she should've stopped talking when Optimus told her to. I feel for Smokescreen, and I do believe he'll mature in time, but first, drama has got to go down.

8. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Arcee took it a little too far, true Smokescreen has alot to learn but he's just a kid trying to prove himself to the team. I can't wait to see how the next episode plays out :D !

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus has commended him, but you're right, he does get reprimanded more often than not by his comrades. I can understand why though. He's over-eager, under-experienced, and thinks he knows everything. He's a textbook n00b. But that's why a lot of fans love him so much.

10. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I felt bad, Smokescreen comes across as an eager to please child. This is all new to him and he is up against real warriors. The guy doesn’t want to fail.

He brings life to the dull Autobot cast like Wheeljack did. And even though he’s a rookie when it comes to battle…the guy is clever! He got the Apex
    Armor using his intelligents; he got the one key from being clever yet again.

Oh but let’s overlook that because of his strong desire to improve. :rolleyes: 

Why is it Team Prime is so eager to jump at the guy for every mistake, when not one lecture or reprimanding was given to Arcee who abandoned her team many time to settle her personal score?

Derrrr... Team Prime’s logic has me confuzzled. :crazy: 

11. LotusoftheLeaf

LotusoftheLeaf Well-Known Member

As someone who likes both Arcee and Smokescreen, I must say I find both characters in the wrong here. Smokescreen's actions are liable to get himself or someone hurt. Arcee has seen enough of people she cares about getting hurt, and despite how she speaks to him she has made it clear she does care about him. Why else would she have said she didn't want to add a rookie to her list of fallen partners or ask Bulkhead to watch out for him?

Yes, Smokescreen's recklessness does often do more good than bad because he's willing to do whatever it takes to succeed, but is success worth his life? Maybe for Smokey it is, but not for Arcee. She's never been one to take a gentle approach to things so tearing Smokescreen a new one is the only way she can think of to get through to him. However, her rudeness merely pushes him away and makes him less likely to listen to her, which makes her all the more angry and twice as rude the next time he puts himself in danger. Both characters finally ended up pushing the other over the edge this time.

As for Arcee being a hypocrite, well, I suppose she must be a believer in the saying "Do as I say, not as I do." Arcee has made her fair share of stupid mistakes and she may not have learned anything from them, but you can still know something is wrong and stupid but do it anyway because you're too pissed to care at the moment.

I guess it's kind of like a parent telling their child not to smoke because it's bad for them and will kill them, then turning around and taking a drag. Is the parent a big fat hypocrite? Sure. Does it make them wrong to warn someone they love about the dangers of doing it? I don't think so.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Lots of great posts in here, both pro and con. Our own life experiences determine our insights to this little drama.

I can't speak from personal experience, but we do have some soldiers who can confirm this...but I've been around soldiers and the military for many years and I believe the Team Prime were treating the newbie with little 'tuff love' here. Not quite hazing, but they need to know the new kid can perform under pressure..have their back, he won't buckle in battle and truly become a worthy addition to Team Prime. Were they too tough??? Or was Smoke too soft..his emotions too raw, too desperate to be accepted by them and in turn impress Optimus???
    A few things we know to date... he went thru the Elite Guard...but really didn't see any combat.. he was a guard for Alpha Trion and in his 'supposed' first conflict, he's knocked out and taken prisoner?? Or was he??
    For the sake of this example, how he might feel after his reanimation from stasis...he thinks he hit the jackpot...he's found Optimus Prime and his team. He can finally prove himself...but sadly, it was horrible timing for him to arrive on Earth.

Bulk was gravely injured and not happy to see him or anybot that could replace him on Team Prime, Ratchet doesn't trust that he's even an Autobot--still thinks he's spy or a Con plant, and Arcee doesn't want responsibilty for another newbie to train and watch over either. Bee?? Who knows?? His crossed arm stance didn't seem all that welcoming to Smoke either.
    Even Optimus didn't spend time with Smoke, other than a welcoming handshake...I know, he's busy fighting Megs and decoding Iacon relic locations, but other than Jack, no one was assigned to Smoke to bring him up to date on the inner workings of the base or Earth. That's one relationship Smoke latched on to but it ended badly for him when Jack was placed in harm's way.

I've posted b4 that Arcee's speech would have been received better by Smoke if she had just simply taken him aside, one on one, to discuss her observations regarding his behavior and offered her 'suggestions' for his techniques in assisting them, but again it was very bad timing...Smoke hadn't really felt appreciated by any of them, so his reaction, while somewhat childish, he is supposed to be a warrior afterall, was understandable.

But the bottom line is, at least to me, this happened the way it did because he had to leave the base..alone, so he could be captured by the Cons. Story plot, plain and simple.

Maybe next episode or two, we'll be privy to Arcee's regrets over her her treatment of Smoke, or not...perhaps it will be alluded to as an off screen moment...but either way, he's going to be busy onboard the Con warship and hopefully save the day. He may even thank the gang for being tough on him, they made him think things thru, have a well thought out plan for his next actions. We'll see. I hope so, I love this character and really hope that whatever he does or has to do, it keeps him as a member of Team Prime.

Whew....sorry for the novella.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  13. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

good post. insightful and pulls a lot of the ideas expressed here together.

14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's obnoxious.

15. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

*slaps you*
    I'm obnoxious.

16. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol I was actually going to make one, but something told me not to idk why.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Great Post. :thumb 

18. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Great post MPL.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mostly everyone within these threads are obnoxious.

But I can take joke.

Regardless, Smokes does add life to the party even though he's "too eager to please" and pushes a little, or has the last word.

Granted RC was a little harsh and she should have stopped when OP told her too. (RC not too good in taking directions, hopefully that will change)

20. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

Smokescreen felt as if everyone was ganging up on him after Arcee's speech. Did you see the way he looked at Optimus for help or some encouragement. It made me want to cry when he didn't say anything.