No Smokescreen appreciation.

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by exoduselita, Oct 6, 2012.

1. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

The whole time smokescreen has been on Prime he has been run down, criticized, made fun of, and scolded. Not one time have I witnessed some appreciation for him. Not even when he grabbed one of the keys. So its not shock that he would run off because they just keep beating him down.

Okay sure maybe you would say its because he has to learn, but if I was in smokescreens place I would feel miserable. I would feel that I was molding into a failure. I know that if I was him I would need more encouragement and guiding, not scolding and Arcee backslapping.

2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

My heart goes out to the guy. But you know what? He probably buries most, if not all, feelings of hurt and doubt under his ego and eagerness. Or he simply ignores everyone and focuses all his opinions and views on Optimus :lol 

3. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

I'm sorry the guy is obnoxious...but don't mind me I am an Arcee and Ratchet fan so...

Here's the deal, Screen brings a youthful, brash, exhuberance that the Veterans no longer have due to the grim realities of (a long) war. Remember Screen just awoke from stasis.

That said the symmetry of TF Prime version of Smokescreen is uncanny in its resemblance to G1's Hot Rod/ Rodimus Prime...

Smokescreen's development shall be fun to watch.

4. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

I totally agree. You have put into words exactly what I have been thinking. I know how he feels because my life growing up was basically the same thing I've been seeing on the show in regards to him. Sure, he needs to learn, but like anyone good things need to be said to them, not just all bad and running into the ground.

My heart really goes out to him. I'm currently very disgusted with the show for it being played out like that.

5. exoduselita

Me too. My life is so much like that too. That's why I can see how smokescreen is feeling. Some people just need to shut up, listen and see stuff for what it is, not how they want to or think it is. And sometimes you just need to be in somebody's position to know what they are going through.

Hey smoke! We understand! :) 

6. Jakest123

Jakest123 Well-Known Member

He is a kid who heard about a legendary warrior while spending the entire time doing what he claims to be nothing, then goes into a stasis for Primus-knows-how-long, wakes up and meets Optimus. I think he's got a right to be excitable, considering his whole life had been doing nothing up until now, whereas the others had just been fighting the whole time.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Go back to a few weeks ago when he showed up he was the most popular kid in town and now the new car smell has worn off.

8. apparatus

I can understand the sentiment of those who identify with the character.

Me, I am the older guy, kind of rough on the edges and yeah, I pull my opinion from my real life experiences from the Military...

I echo Arcee, "stop acting like a Hero and work within the context of a Team member..."

paraphrased of course. This mentality also works in organized sports, places of employment and many other real-world situations.

Of course the benefit to the Hero act is that often times this very kind of person draws the negative attention off of the others ...

Again, I don't hate him, but he can use some maturation which if done "right" the show can display this process over time. Imagine if a year from now, many people, like me, are eating crow because the "kid came around after all."

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno - Bulkhead seems to have warmed up to Smokescreen some. Is it actual appreciation? I suppose he appreciates an extra gun at his side in battle.

10. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

He's the only member of Team Prime smart enough to think "well we have all these super weapons in storage, we should use them." Teh rest of dem be jelly.

11. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    :lolol  You got me good...But staying on topic, I love Smokescreen he's next to my other favorite being, Wheeljack...Like I don't want to feel like a total D-bag to Arcee fans, but in the next episode I think she should get a proper lecture from, Prime...I love stories where a youngester comes in, and is always getting bashed on, because he is just simply excited or is always ready to prove other wrongs. Now granted he does need to mature, and have more proper training, but you can't do that by bringin' the kid down all the time, I mean he brought back one of the omega keys, beat down 'Scream, as well as saving Prime from a Final Wave attack...You have to give him huge props for doing a lot just commin' out of stasis lock.

12. exoduselita

you got that right. Smokescreen has done alot. If it weren't for him Optimus could be dead or seriously injured.

13. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

Yeah. No one seems to be noticing that (on the show).

14. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Guys, Optimus has given him props and called him out where he was wrong. He seems to have been the most balanced. Bulkhead has warmed up to him once he got over his own ailments and not being able to help. Bulk also told Smokescreen not to get down on himself when he got suckered by Starscream and was also very supportive. Ratchet has been Ratchet (he doesn't like anyone lol), and Bee is a goddamn bleepidy bloop, so we can't know what he's thinking. It's only Arcee who has been extra rough on the kid to the point where Optimus had to call her off. I think the characterization has been fine and look forward to him growing on us.

To me, he's less like G1 Hot Rod (who I'd say is older than Smokescreen) and more like Cheetor from Beast Wars. And we all saw how he grew into his fangs. Give it some time!

15. apparatus

OK as an Arcee-supporter, I'll say this: after Tailgate and Cliff, maybe, just maybe she's extra hard on him because he reminds her of her fallen buddies.

He has the brashness and moxie that CJ had. Maybe that has set her off subconsciously, maybe she sees a lot of CJ in Smokescreen and actually fears that his "heroics" will get his spark extinguished.

16. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I don't see it.

17. Breakdown96

Breakdown96 ‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside

She's had two other patners, she has seen both of them die. So she can be more harsh on Smokescreen, so he doesn't aswell.

18. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

Me neither....

What I see is a youth who heard these stories about a great warrior and now he has met him, his on cloud nine. Put in some victories and he has let the whole thing go to his head. So Arcee was right to bring him down to earth. She had no idea what would happen afterward, and hopefully he can start to mature. In this episode he was really staring to annoy me, like Hotrod was in the movie to start with.

19. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    While I like Arcee, I think it was very harsh of her to speak like that to Smokescreen when Optimus clearly told her to stop. Smokescreen is young, eager, and excited in a way that I can actually relate to. People tell me many times to calm down after I get overly excited when I see something worth being excited about (in my point of view).

Bulkhead seems to have warmed up rather well to Smokescreen, and he seems to act like some sort of... I dunno... like an older brother or something. He not only supports the kid, but he is willing to go so far as to follow after him and talk to him until Optimus tells him to give Smokescreen his space.

Optimus, he's willing enough to act like a Papa Wolf, by lecturing Smokescreen about putting Jack in harm's way.

Obviously Arcee is the one who has the problem with Smokescreen... Jerk.

20. Rumble518

Rumble518 Well-Known Member

I just don't see how Arcee can lecture some one about putting the "TEAM FIRST" when she has ran off and did her own thing on more then one occasion!
    I hope they have someone maybe Op or Bluk call her out on that!