NO reboot please (Why even done in Hollywood?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SamWitwickyGirl, Nov 26, 2011.

1. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    I do not want a reboot, and im sure lots of people dont.
    I want a fourth one, and a trilogy that is in the same universe.
    Here's why: What was the point of even watching and caring
    about these characters if they're just going to be replaced in the future!?
    Why did we even care when a character was about to die, or why did we even pay attention to the movie verse if it can be dumped in the trash and be REPLACE ABLE? I guess you think all of your favorite characters are replacable. I dont know about you guys, but when i come to be a big fan of a movie or a movie character, i dont want them to just be thrown in the trash and re created numerous times. i like one main story to follow, through the plot/journey, and even the flaws. Because flaws can be fixed. If you guys want a different director, that's fine. (I LOVE michael bay's work, but everyone has their own opinion i guess..) If you guys want a new cast, and different human story, then that's fine. (i like sam, and i want him to stay, but everyone has their own opinion like i said)

BUT Considering that we'll have two different stories, and two different optimuses and what not, is just annoying and not as enjoyable. I say you guys continue the story, go back into the past TF lore and bring out new characters. Work on the flaws, and improve, improve, improve. But no Reboot. Besides, these movies made lots of money, they'd be stupid to do that much of a huge change too soon. Also, wouldn't you guys like to see more of the lore brought out? Since we already have our story, main autobots, dcons started, they can bring out the undiscovered characters, and cover more of the lore. There's a lot of history, i heard, from watching the dvd bonus features, and i think it would be interesting to discover it from a human character's eyes. Wouldn't you like a saga to cover all of the history, and myths?

Anyway, can't movie creators be original? Nowadays, people just want to reboot everything and be followers. That just doesn't fly with me. Three years of an original movie story set up, and then if they reboot it, It's basically thrown out. If the creators think of recylcing ideas like that, there goes a strong brand! let me tell you!

PS: And for some of you movie haters saying "the movie is done. accept it. GET OVER IT. theyre going to reboot it!" umm hate to tell you that evidence is leading to a fourth one WAYYY more than it is a reboot. Way more. So, im happy :)  YOU people who want a reboot, YOU GET OVER IT. What has hasbro been saying? What has The creators been saying? More like a tf saga coming our way!

(just a rant about tf and reboots in general. i want to get in the movie business and i just find reboots really illogical for fan based films)

2. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

And they can't just keep throwing in more random Decepticons without giving them a backstory. There needs to be some sort of link between DOTM and the fourth movie otherwise it'll be a PoS. I don't want a reboot, but there is only so much you can do with the same characters and same scenario. I don't want Megatron revived again, I don't want any of the Decepticons revived again (except Shockwave) and unlike the first two movies, Sam didn't have a major role in DOTM, he was of no importance anymore and the argument, "I just want to help", can really only be used once. I'm all for a continuity, but there is only so much they can do.

Edit: To make myself clear I do not want a, "HAHA I R GALVATRON NU VILAN", and Optimus just to say, "Who are you? Wait, why do I care? Give me your face!". There needs to be like, a story behind new villians and characters.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i want a reboot. the bayformers unvierse have already ran its course, listen i am a big movie fan like you, But EVERY STORY, SHOW, MOVIE, COMIC, GAMES will have a END and The movieverse End is (hopefully) DOTM, get over it, They will not make the movies FOREVER, even if they made a fourth one and more, the Movies will still end someday and wil lbe rebooted

Like Spider-Man, While i wanted a Spider-Man 4, 5 and 6 so Badly and didnt liked that they were al lcancelled, But I QUICLY accepted Spider-Man 3 as the end of the Raimi trilogy and moved on and here i am waiting the reboot next year and its sequel in 2014

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't want a reboot, either. Movie 1 was really good, and I don't want something else preending to be it.

I'd like TF4 to have a new Decepticons cast (No Unicron, Galvatron, or ghost of Starscream) and less Human time.

5. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Transformers has been rebooted many times already. From G1 to R.I.D. to Armada to Cybertron to Movieverse, to Animated, and finally Prime. I really would like a reboot, because all plots have to have an end. So this could be chance to start a new and maybe better franchise. They could learn from the mistakes that Bayverse made so.....

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Don't worry, their won't be any re-booting for TF's.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Unless the Same thing that happened with spider-man happens with the TF Movies lol

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I want a major reboot. I want an actually serious movie were I don't hate every character because their all perverted weirdos. I don't want every human to be comic relief that drags down the serious tone of the film. I want character that are likable and get proper development and villains that are big threats as well as characters. And I do not want some crazy kid killing Decepticons with absolutely no training at all.

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Here's a hint: the live action films WERE a reboot, OP. Just like almost everything after G1. Your beloved movies are no different. There are a million proverbs and speeches about how change is good. The Bayfilms in my opinion have run their course; in my opinion all they need is closure, as in showing what happened to the characters after the film. Everything comes to an end. Megatron, Sentinel and all the Decepticons are dead. Sam's finally found his place in the world - helping the Autobots and with Carly. The hero's journey is done, and so is the journey of Michael Bay's films. Maybe someday they'll come back, but it's done. Calm down with the CAPS LOCK RAGES that are your trademark style of posting, and accept that this is likely the end of the road. It's over (for now at least).

10. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

anyone know why it's so damn hard to find Gobots on btjunkie these days?

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    No more Transformer movies!

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What's more to do aside from a reboot? All the major Decepticon leaders are dead, Cybertron is most likely destroyed, and the only remaining 'Cons are all scattered about without a leader. How do you make a meaningful fourth movie with this set up? That's why a reboot is something that makes sense. Start from a fresh slate.

13. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Thing is, Spiderman is a speck compared to Transformers.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Speck?, WTH that means?

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    "All major cons are dead" statement is wrong in so many ways.

16. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I love the movie verse for the potential that it had and still love the first movie and many of the movie verse characters - even after the two disappointing sequels - but my favorite character is dead and if Bay continues to direct I'll get more of ROTF and DOTM, so I'm not exactly excited about the prospect of a TF4.

From a logical (business) perspective, however, it's unlikely that there will be a reboot at this point. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on that because DOTM just made a billion dollars at the box office. Hasbro and the studio are rolling in profit, and until the movies start to decline in profit, I can't see them rocking the boat by rebooting the movie series and making something completely different in style.

If anything about TF4 could be considered a reboot when it does come about, it will be the softest reboot for a film series yet.

The movies are different beasts than the comics, tv shows, and games. I suspect we're going to be seeing Bayverse Bumblebee and Bayverse Prime for not only another movie, but maybe even another set of movies.

17. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the Michael Bay movies myself but if they do another one with the same cast and the same director, how will it still have the same kind of magic that the first three had? I'm not saying that we should have a reboot right away. But if you look at a franchise like Batman and how his reboot film, Batman Begins, compares to the original, it might be for the best.

18. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with what this thread is about.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess the advantage to being old is that you see reboots as just a part of life.

I really enjoyed G1 back when I was a kid but if G1 had never ended I never would have got to enjoy Beast Wars. As sad as I was to see Beast Wars go if it had never ended then then I never would have had the chance to enjoy Transformers Animated. As disappointed as I was that Transformers Animated ended it gave me a chance to enjoy Transformers Prime. One sad day Transformers Prime will end and I'll move on to a new series.

Sometimes things just have to end so something new and exciting can come along. If Batman the Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited had never ended then no Aquaman from Batman the Brave and Bold.

Not to be mean or anything but I just don't feel like I know much about the surviving Cybertronians from the films or if I don't know a few things about them I don't feel much of a connection. Rather just take my chances that a reboot might produce a big blue and red boyscout Prime instead of movie Prime or that a reboot might get me a Starscream who can smirk.

20. sleter

sleter Well-Known Member

actually,i would like a reboot but with all the casts from DOTM.
    if they could sign a deal for 3 transformers movie,then they could refine the stories and really go back to getting stuffs from G1.
    like the deal about the Marvel Universe(the Avengers,Iron Man,Thor,Captain America)
    think about it,the script writers can add in small things that actually contribute to the entire plot.
    they could work on 1 long story plot,weave it into the 3 movies,have different bad guys
    and i personally think there should be a movie(or at least half a movie) being filmed on Cybertron