No offense intended but....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dinobot Snarl, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

I'm very upset that the new trend in toy reviews is video. I'll try to be positive.... Three high res pictures are better than any bad lit grainy overly long videos period! I'm serious, put down the cam and take just three pictures. It takes two seconds to look at 3 pictures. It takes five minutes to watch a review while fast-forwarding -with the result always the same....MEH!

I had to say it.

2. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i do like pictures better

3. brianstowell

brianstowell Awesomebot

News Credits:
    agreed

4. Sunstar

Sunstar All Hail Lord Starscream

I don't bother with video reviews. But I do like a quick concise review that hits on all the pros and cons with an image or two. I don't care to sit and listen to someone shuffle through english in whatever accents they have. Written is much easier to read.

5. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Yeah.

Why does it take 20 minutes to review a legends class figure?

6. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Can't we have both? I must admit I don't watch many video reviews and mainly look at pictures but both have very good positives. With pictures there is the better resolution, they are quick to look at or stare at if you want, and you can skip through the text to see what info you want without having to read the whole thing. With videos you get to see the transformation and any problems that words and pics alone just don't always do a good job of explaining. Videos also have a nice home on sites like YouTube with a lot of viewers that might not visit Transformers sites. I say let's have both that way everyone is happy.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Videos are over-saturating the review market.

Take a ton of pictures, and a short 30 second video highlighting what the toy does if it has special features, otherwise leave it at pictures.

8. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

watch TJOmega's 30 second reviews on youtube

just a bunch of pics, and what he says is in rhyme

and it is only about 40 seconds total that you watch (intro included)

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Pictures are better. The only time I watch a video is when I am haveing trouble with the transformation of a bot.

10. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

small clips of, amazing gimmicks, only in my opinion.

I have never said to myself, "these high quality pictures are just not enough, I need the whole transformation scheme spoiled in grainy low light long videos with someone showing me five times how a black stripe goes from head to tail"

11. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking as someone who does video reviews, I don't really make my videos all that "Informative" I just do a review on a toy I like or think is cool. I try to make them more of an entertainment type of video about a toy rather than a video giving you my detailed analysis of the figure.
    I do think that the 17-20 minute reviews are pretty crazy at times though But if someone I am subscribed to makes the video, I like it. Mostly because I am subbed to them because I like their personality. If that makes sence.

12. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i like both as long as the vids arent drawn out . as its cool to see how ppl transform them, also to see what cool things you can find.

13. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'm grateful for video reviews if I ever have trouble transforming a figure. But on the whole, I think the video format is grossly misused. The biggest problem I see is that a lot of people believe that, just because YouTube allows them to upload a 10 minute video, they need to make their reviews 10 minutes long. And usually, unless we're talking about a Supreme figure loaded with gimmicks, those reviews do not give me my 10 minutes worth, either in information or entertainment.

There are video reviewers that I do like, although it wouldn't be fair of me to name names. But text reviews are far more valuable to me in forming an opinion on a figure.

14. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    if a video is not that long and it covers a lot im cool with it but when they take megacycles then I am like "shit" get to the point! Both are cool with me as if I really want a fig I will watch the video reviews and look at pics.

15. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

The video reviews are good like people said if they need help. I check the reviews if i need help in the transformation i.e. galvatron. Now cool guys like shockwave/longarm prime needed a video review.

16. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    After looking over the Animated sections Deluxe, Voyager, Leader, and Battle Begins reviews only three have first posts with YouTube links only. They are Cybertron Optimus Prime, Battle Begins Optimus Prime, and Battle Begins Megatron. Most have both a lot of pics and a YouTube link. It seems to me that for the most part both options are there from the beginning so if we want we can ignore the videos.

17. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I only watched Peaugh's reviews, basically because his reviews are the most comprehensive.

18. Ripclaw

Ripclaw DementedDino1

peaugh makes short videos

the only long ones he makes deserve the time

like shockwave/longarm prime

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Ok. I dislike most video reviews. Peaugh's are the best out there cause they are right to the point. Certain other people, I will not name so I don't offend, are so bloody annoying... Their voice is hard on the ears, and muting doesn't solve the problem. Cause the person does not clean their bloody nails! It's actually disgusting to watch.

My opinion, I can't stand stuff like that. If you are going to broadcast yourself to the world, make yourself somewhat presentable, even if you just show your hands.

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a lot of video reviews aren't all that great.

I love mine though. :D 

I'll also admit, I find the overly hostile reactions to them rather funny as well. ;)