No more Sunday postings from Don Murphy

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shaun_C, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Link

If I'm understanding what Don said in his post.Basically he's had enough of the negativity regarding the TF film.

I'm not surprised to be honest,all the "Fanboyish" type rants were getting annoying.

It's an unfortunate loss in my opinion,Don offered some pretty decent tidbits

Oh well guess the fandom will have to use Michael Bay as the main info resource as it won't be Don

2. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Nice to see he's getting a handle on the fandom.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Negativity and Transfandom....seems like an oximoron, but in Transformers fans case, it's actually not

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I can understand him completely. You can't please everyone all the time, especially us whiny bitches.

5. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this is great to hear. I saw enough of that board to see that a huge percentage of the members of that site have little if any clue that this is a movie in it's own continuity. All that it needs to do in my eyes is just be true to the mythos of transformers. With that being said, there's not a whole lot that has to be one way or another. Too many people are expecting it to be G1. It may turn out to be like G1, but it's not. I'm fine with this and hopefully others will see it that way too. Oh and just because don isn't doing weekly updates doesn't mean he might not give an update or two every once in a while.

6. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    so if its not a movie about bigrobots what is it a romance with same name? no big suprise idw doesent want any robots in theyre comic either. im getting the big special edition of the original movie in the mail tommorow so im happy for now.

7. Ironhideforever

Ironhideforever Straight Fucking Edge.

Hey at least we arent trekkies!!!

Right?

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's like this with all fandom's. After "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" Don should have known what he was getting in for.

As far as the Sunday postings, they've done their job. They've gotten the feedback he needed and at the same time, riled up the fans. It also created free PR, which he used to get the movie off the ground. Now that he's got the budget and the go ahead, there's no real reason to keep them going.

It would be nice if he kept them going though, at least to let everyone know how the movie is progressing. Maybe we can get this from Bay? Yeah right..

9. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    What are you talking about? :peoples: 

Romance? IDW doesn't want robots in their comic? WTF? :redface2: 

10. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This post did nothing but reassure me that this 'man' is a worthless excuse for a movie producer, much less a person, and he has no business anywhere near the world of Transformers. IMO, of course.

11. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

He is absolutely right. Regardless of what the G1 fanboys will think of the movie, I'm pumped for it. I'm so sick of all the hommages to the 1984 days in recent toys, itll be a breath of fresh air for the fans who, like myself, want something new. I don't care about adding humans to the mix, they've always been a part of the Transformers Universe, as long as they're not those voice-dubbed annoying little Armada pukes, I'll be happy. Given the potential movie-reimaginings can have on a franchise, I'm looking forward to it. If they can do to TFs what was done with Spiderman, X-Men, Batman Begins and others, I'll be one happy camper.

As for Cullen and Welker, I don't really think they have a place in the new movie. They had their time with TFs, but now its time to move on. Bring on George Clooney as Optimus or something.... Ed Harris as Megatron... that would rock.

Vortex? Is he going to be in the movie? If so, I will laugh myself silly because when word of the TF movie first surfaced, I thought they should put all the key Decepticons in (Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave) AND add Vortex because a helicopter in the movie would kick ass and having a combaticon in there would be a great nod to the fans and great use of a cool obscure character. I really hope this will be the case.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Why does that thread have 11 pages :peoples: 

It's not like this has some great impact on the brand, the fandom, or otherwise.

13. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Just for the record, not all G1 fanboys (like me) are taking a major dump on this film. I, like you, am pumped for it. I wouldn't care if it was based on the Armada storyline, it is a live action Transformers movie. I'm all over it like dookey on a wool blanket. :thumbs2: 

14. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    The man's right. 30 year old fans need to stop whining and bitching, and need to start accepting this as a reboot of the Transformers universe, ala Marvel/Dreamwave/IDW/Armada.

It's embarrassing that there are people out there so obsessed with and passionate about a franchise like Transformers...a franchise created, initially, solely to sell toys to kids. :confused2 

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He said "Vortex"

HE SAID VORTEX.

HOLY SHIT COMBATICONS.

:D 

probably not.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope it's a great movie. I really do. But I can't stand his holier than thou condescending attitude. It's sickening. He rambles on about how the board is a waste, the members (minus his 'stooges') are useless and the fandom has been nothing but a headache. Then he says he's keeping it because he like negativity? WTF is wrong with him?
    :huh :huh

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that too....Makes you wonder hmmmmmm....

Anyhow, I'm G1 all the way, but have no clue as to what this movie will be like. I don't want a carbon copy of the G1 'toon but I do want it to stay true to what people think TFs are and what I know they are....so I'll be all over it........

18. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Ok, this is what really grinds my gears about fandoms in general, people can't seem to let go of the past, I mean, it's cool to revisit and all, but give it a break sometimes. Every TF cartoon sort of "reboot"with every new incarnation, and as much as fans whine and gripe, they move on, and they enjoy something new, so why is that such a hard concept for people to understand here? This is a new medium, and there are Transformers in there, and they'll be cool, so what's wrong with that? Why does it have to keep go back to square one? How many times can we read about Peter Parker's origin?? There can't be any breakthrough if you dwell on the past. All I can say to the guys who are in helm of the movie is, take what was so great about Transformers and make it even better, that's all I need to know.

19. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Go Cullen and Welker! WHOOOOOO!

20. GetterDragun

GetterDragun Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His board proved to me that you can't ask anti-social science fiction geeks anything that has to do with the general populace.

I think he has been as professional as possible while letting his personality and opinion through without offending anyone or letting stuff he can't say out.