No more Nemesis Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mister D, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just for the record.

- I have always dug the Alt Prime mold
    - I have always dug black repaints (in fact I was told I was crazy for doing so)
    - Never thought I was "owed" this exclusive

Sure I was way bummed about what took place the day it was to be available online through HTS...I even had one "ordered" through TCC but was told time and time again that my info was invalid. And I probably vented a bit about it...I can't really remember.

So when they popped up at BBTS for 45 dollars I picked one up...Almost double the price, but I really wanted one...Because I was unable to make it to SDCC, but thinking of the extra costs associated with airfare, hotel, blah blah blah...45 bucks aint too shabby ;) 

Just my $0.02

2. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    My Nemesis Prime just arrived regardless that my order still says backorder. So for those of you who placed your phone orders on "release day", he should be headed your way pretty soon if not now. We just got a new digital camera, if I knew how to operate the bloody thing, I'd take pics, package and all.

As for Kickback, I don't get why you deemed it necessary to get on everyone's case for feeling cheated. Last time I checked this was a forum for discussion for good or ill. It doesn't matter whether or not you like seeing all the whining and bitching. People are entitled to their opinion just as much as you are. No one asked for your specific attention to this thread. There's nothing threatening to you about it. Just ignore this one like you would any other thread that doesn't interest you. Listen, I'm not bashing you but why get so worked up over what we say here? Of course I could listen to my own advice here as well eh.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    If ever there was a legitimate justification for bitching about this hobby, Nemesis Prime is it.

4. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

No, you're not. My wife spent hours trying to get this for me on HTS and the Collector's Club, while I was at work. No luck at either place. Then when I fire off emails asking wtf, why was this such a mess, I get replies to the effect of 'oh, sorry, you're SOL'. It ticks me off, when imo we were led to believe we'd be able to get this item. And for the record, I did not start wanting NP when it was revealed it would be an exclusive. I was never that interested in Alt Prime, but as soon as I saw the repaint, I wanted it. It looks a lot better to me. However, I'm not paying scalper prices for it, and this incident has put me off buying Alternators now. I'd like to tell Hasbro that I will no longer spend money on their products because of this, but I can't, as I know it's not true. However, I can and will stop buying alts because of this (of course, the general crappy distribution helps). And if this topic is being done to death in the forums, so that people are tired of it, ban the topic. Yes, it is a case of :horse:  but imo Hasbro really screwed this up, and it ticked *a lot* of fans off. Of course, apparently we don't matter to Hasbro since we don't seem to spend that much money of TFs, so who cares, right?

5. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    i agree with your sarcasm.

i still don't understand this type of thinking (why you would stop buying something you like becasue you can't get one of them), even though i agree that nemesis prime was a complete clusterfuck. i can see reacting on principal, but i'd have a hard time ignoring that jaguar coming out. besides, collectors NOT buying the toys is sort of detrimental to us trying to show hasbro that we DO make an impact.

finding new alts is something better suited for the hardest of the hardcore, unfortunately; it's not necessarily bad distribution. i visit target on a daily basis on my way to work to snatch up diecast and i always check the TFs. 3 times in the last 3 weeks, a prime/mirage/cammy case was put out and in each of the 3 instances, ALL were gone by the next morning. that kind of disappearance doesn't even happen in the diecast aisle. YOU would never have known they were there.

6. MagnusPrimal

Well, the way I look at it, it's not worth the aggravation anymore. I don't like the Alts that much. But I like a lot of different toys. And, if as Kickback seems to be saying, Hasbro doesn't really give a d*** about we collectors anyway, what's the point? I'll spend my money and time on something I have a much better chance of actually getting.
    Also, I usually manage to check Target, Walmart, and KB Toys every week. I haven't seen any evidence of any new Alt. past Rollbar, Ricochet, or Sunstreaker. If there's been any put out, then I've somehow managed to miss every single one, and I do check the stores frequently. 2 Targets, 3 Walmarts, a KB, and a TRU.

7. Angelus Prime

Angelus Prime Active Member

This has got to go down as the most unintentionally funny releases of all time. Consider the history: if it wasn't for the SW fans' mad dash for the 501st Stormtrooper, then everybody may have gotten their Nemeses without a hitch.

Interestingly, McFarlane Toys had a similar COMPLETE SYSTEM MELTDOWN when they put the Deion Sanders figs online.

8. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The 501st Stormtrooper didn't stop them from putting the Gold Tie Fighter up. Server issues weren't the problem, the problem is it stayed at "Coming soon" when it should have gone to "Click to order" All three exclusives should have rolled over to "in stock" at the same time, but only two of them did.

Whatever. When they announced that HTS would be selling them for at-SDCC prices, we considered ourselves lucky. So it just went back to what we originally expected, scalper prices from middleman resellers.

If we are very very lucky, next year's Hasbro SDCC exclusives will be Star Wars and GI Joe.

9. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

I'm just glad I have one. Seriously everyone, its a great figure, and I know that it sucks that some of you have to pay a little extra to get one. But seriously, this isn't a reason to stop buying ALTS or anything made by Hasbro, be realistic. It was a cool figure. It was an Exclusive, which everyone was told from the start. They didn't expect that sort of flooding on the site, and they offered it again at a later time. I didn't go to comic con, I was just "lucky" enough to be up when the posted it again.

Luck is the name of the game, I was lucky enough to be up when I was or I wouldn't have him. So what if the collection isn't complete, the world wont end and I know I wouldn't if he wasn't in my collection.

The point is, that if you want it that bad, you'll pay the prices now while their still relatively cheap. Or you can quit complaining about this and that and "it was their fault". Its just a toy. He is living up to his name Nemesis Prime, he's the Nemesis of most people around the world right now. I know for sure he's a pain in the ass for Hasbro.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    I really don't think Hasbro expected NP to do anywhere NEAR as well as he did at the 'con. It was a scalpers paradise and most days the in-room dealers were already well on their way to the Hasbro line long before the public got in (I was in the first 150 people into the dealer room on Friday and he literally sold out for the day 3 people behind me. If you weren't in line at LEAST 3 hours in advance for the dealer room and even then you HAD to sprint to the Hasbro booth to stand a chance! In front of me were VERY few Transformer fans...but LOTS of scalpers who heard how "hot" he was going to be online...It actually made me prefer Mattel's raffle system...at least that gave everybody a fair chance and not just reward the dealers EVERY DAY with the first come - first served policy.

Thursday there were actually overhead announcements before the dealer room openned that they needed to stop having the dealers line up at their booth...the line was clear around the booth and the paying public wasn't even in the room yet! (Heard the story from SEVERAL vendors there)

In the long run it did sell out completely, and quickly...I'd bet with almost 100% certainty that we see yet another exclusive for SDCC 2007. With the movie it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we actually see MULTIPLE SDCC exclusives! There will undoubtable be a larger production run, but we will see this again next year....

11. MagnusPrimal

Glad you got one. Not sure that gives you the right to tell those of us that didn't how we should feel or act though.
    And I am being realistic. Hasbro, the company, has really ticked me off. The only way I have of reacting to this that has any meaning is with my wallet. The Alts are hard enough to find anyway, and for the most part do not contain my favorite figures. Therefore, it is not unrealistic that I will react to this by dropping the line. As I stated, I am not dropping all TFs. For me, that would be unrealistic. I'm just doing what I can.

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Hopefully Hasbro has learned a LOT from this. If the numbers Kickback threw in are accurate (And I have no reason to think they aren't) then they went in with twice what a Botcon run comes in at these days...and got slaughtered...they could have EASILY sold five times that just at the convention, not to mention the online debacle. Hopefully for 2007 they come to the table with an exclusive that hits the 10,000 or so mark for production. Even then with the movie hype that number may be too low...

13. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I received in the mail today my two Nemesis Primes from Hasbrotoyshop.com. I originally phoned an order in.

I'm gonna go open that mofo now.

14. MagnusPrimal

That could be a mistake though. I don't know about anyone else, but the only reason I like NP was I thought the toy looked nice, and I like dark repaints of Primes. Most exlusives I don't care about. If there are enough people like me around, then Hasbro would probably have a stack of unsold exlusives on their hands. But they definitely need to produce more of the next exclusive than they did of this one, and hopefully handle the situation better.

15. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Really people... Nemesis is an exclusive, and being an exclusive means that there are limited amount of them, and people are going to be fighting to get one, if Hasbro were to make more of it, doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being an exclusive? I mean Hasbro went as far as offering it on-line (which they were totally not prepared for), that's as much help from a company as you are going to get, you don't see Takara offer their lucky draws to everyone. Should they have numbered Nemesis Prime, No, but what's done is done, and if you really want one, then you should either pay for the price that's going for on the market these days, or just simply wait it out, you'll either find one at or below regular price, or it'll become even more rare, but then that's the chance you take, no one is saying how come the lucky draw Masterpiece Prime is not at retail price right?

16. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Actually, I think you're totally missing the whole point.

It's not because it's an exclusive, it's because of the way the whole on-line ordering was handled(and the way it's currently still being mis-handled).

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Exactly - If you managed to order one (or two) through the website before it went out of stock, you should be able to get it.

Plain and simple.

18. rhodium1977

rhodium1977 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Received mine yesterday in the mail from HTS.

19. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

For the love of Baby Jesus, THANK YOU. I'm glad someone acknowleged the point.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No, they did not. it was never available online other than the collector's club store.