No more Nemesis Primes

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by misterd, Aug 4, 2006.

1. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Thanks for nothing! (The whining never ceases)

Two weaks after ripping off an email to Hasbro concerning their bungling of the Nemesis situation, I get this reply:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We apologize for the delay in responding toy your e-mail.

We appreciate your interest in the exclusive Nemesis Prime figure. This figure was extremely well-received by our consumers and we apologize you were unable to purchase this limited edition item. Unfortunately, after confirming with our warehouse, all inventory has been shipped and we regret to advise the item is no longer available to order. Since this was a limited edition additional inventory will not be available.

Please be assured that we have shared your concerns with the product and marketing teams.

Thank you for your interest

The way I read that, it sounds as though my complain was that I hadn't gotten a Nemesis Prime, rather than annoyance at their inability to make good on their offer. Time to write one on real paper this time, see if I can get any sort of acknowlegement.

(For the record, this was my e-mail:

have been a TF collector for many years, and have at times picked up additional Hasbro lines such as Star Wars, Stikfas, Xevoz and (currently) Sigma Six. I don't mind admitting that I have sent a healthy amount of my earnings to your company.

I appreciate the efforts that you have taken to make your comic con exclusives available to non-attendees for reasonable prices, but I have to say that I am thoroughly disgusted by the execution.

My fellow collectors and I were told weeks ago that SDCC Nemesis Prime would be available at your online store, 9:00am EST, July 20th. We were happy to be given the chance,and many made arrangements to be at or near a computer so we could obtain one.

I am currently teaching summer school. Thanfully my first class ends at 9:00, which gave me a window in which to order the toy. I had trouble getting on, which I expected. But once Idid, the figure was not available. OK, I figured. 9:00 was a best estimate, and it would be up soon. I proceded to teach my class, and occasionally would hit refresh while they were copying notes.

The class ended, and another came and went. Still nothing. However, by 10:30, the Star Wars exclusive figure was sold out, and the TF Collector's Club had put up their Prime's and sold them all. But still nothing on your site.

12:30 came and the school day ended. I shut down the computer and left, stopping to have a parent conference and a discussion with one of the teachers. I drove home, had lunch, went on my computer and, lo and behold, the figure is STILL not available, and no explanation has been provided.

I have friends online who have called you and gotten the runaround. The sense is no one knows what is going on. At least I had a job to keep me occupied - many have been sitting at their computers for hours waiting for you to put up the figure, or at least give us some answers.

How long are we to wait? How many more hours should someone have to sit and wait for you to do what you have promised? I know you are trying to help us, but often offering help and not coming through is much worse than not offering at all. And how many people who made plans to buy the figure will now miss out, because they can't afford to sit around?

I can tell you this much - there are many, many irritated fans right now, and they will still be annoyed with you when this is over, whether or not they manage to get the figure. The ball's in your court. I hope you find a way to make good.)

Obviously they have not done a damn thing to make good, or even acknowlege their goof up.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    call them if you want a real response.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I guess it is a tough situation. Hasbro obviously never understood the demand for this character and for that reason under stocked it. Makes you wonder is they really know or care about the collectors market.

4. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    The demand as I understood it was that most people didn't like the Prime mold in the first place and sneers over black repaints have been grumbled for the past 5 years.

I mean, its still goofy the way Hasbro handled it, but don't act like this was on the level of demand of Primus or Classics or something. I've been in the trenches with the Transfans here for nearly as long as I've had the internet, and i'm surprised fan demand on this otherwise bland repaint of a subpar mold has had.

5. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guys, it was a con exclusive. There were never going to be enough to meet the demand. In a sense they created the demand by saying it was an exclusive. The fact that they bungled the way they were trying to be nice and offer the toy is frustrating. (I too was waiting for hours to get one.) But it's gone. At least it wasn't Lucky Draw limited. You can still get one online. Yeah it's gonna cost you a buttload. That's just the nature of the beast.

It does no good to be mad two weeks later. If it upset you that much, don't buy from their online store ever again. Trust me, if enough people did that, Hasbro would notice the problem and strive to fix it. Writing letters and calling at this point is only going to make you more upset. They ain't gonna make any more. (if they did, then those who bought it cause it was an exclusive would bitch too.) And while the idea of misery loves company might be appealing to some, it isn't to Hasbro.

It's up to each of us to decide how this is gonna affect us. Personally, I'm going to continue to buy the toys and try to find it later when I can afford to. Next year if they do this again, I'll get a friend who's going to the show to pick me up whatever is offered.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Well you got a point there. I think it is something about putting the word Nemesis in front of prime makes every one go crazy...

7. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

i have no use for Hasbro's Customer Sevice or what ever they call it. I have never got a response that answer the question i asked them yet. I emailed them about if they were going to put a Cybertron Wingsaber on the HTS or if i could order on over the phone. i said that i could not find one anywhere. The e-mail said,"Thank you for your question yada yada yada. Ultra Class Wing Saber can be purchesed at anyone of the following retail stores."then my mental response was,"Oh that cleared up everything....wait.....when i said i couldn't find one anywhere, what did you think i meant by that? Did you think i was looking at, oh what say, Belks, Payless shoes, Books-a-million, Taco-bell? Because i defiently would look in the toy section of walmart, why would i do that? And did you even read,"is there going to be listing on HTS, or can i phone you to get one". You didn't graduate from high school, did you?"

What type of dumbass do they think i am? oh, and it's nice to know that i am not the only person that get these ponitless emails. Much like Misterd's e-mail, they don't answer the question at hand, he never said he didn't get NP, they just "infered" he didn't.

Personally, i think they're all a bunch of losers doing a half-ass job.

8. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, call them. I think that is the only reason I got one cause I called them all the time.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I just say go buy an Alt Prime on ebay or something and just kitbash
    it. I actually like kitbashing my TF's,and if I find an alt prime when I get
    some more moolah,then thats what I will do to mine.So your better
    off doing that then buying the official one which will run u about $75
    or $80 bucks for Alt Scourge.So try doing that instead of whining
    about it.

10. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

That's nice and all, but if you wanted one mint, your pretty much screwed. And were not whining, were "VENTING". Fyi, there is a difference.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Get it on ebay, like the rest of the world has to do. And with a lot MORE than just Nemesis Prime. Yeesh.
    (Get it from someone like Toyspark, and it'll be shipped VERY well. I've bought numerous Alts from him and not one of them has had a mark on it)

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20060728.html

Actually it was a HTS exclusive. They just chose to offer it at SDCC.

13. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I emailed HasbroToyShop.com as to whether they would be doing a second run of the toy. Here was their response:

I suppose by posting this, I just jacked up eBay pices another 10 bucks. :throw 

-Tony!
    Apologizes if this isn't considered 'news.'

14. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

I wonder what that means for the supply in Hong Kong?

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, that doesn't really bode well for everyone that had ordered one the other day and was still getting a listing as backordered. I hope those guys get him, because this really looks sucktacular right now...

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure this will send eBay prices through the roof.

17. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

Thanks for the news... but I could barely care less.

If I saw one of these at retail, I would possibly pick one up... but its such a lousey mould. Its incredibly unstable, parts fall off, terrible proportions, junky and inelegant robot mode.... etc.

Yes, the color scheme is a modern classic.... but there are plenty of superior moulds out there that offer it.

I suspect that its one of those things that people want just because its limited. The unattainable is the desirable. Then again, some of you guys *liked" Armada.

18. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

You know, I like the mold more after getting to see it first hand. The bot mode is kinda clunky, but the alt mode is one tough truck (I have a thing for Dodge trucks). I'd pick up a Nemesis Prime if I could get him for less than $40 shipped, but only because I want to have a complete Alternator set. I'm not a completionist with any other series out there, but the Alts are just something else entirely. Is Nemesis really just a regular issue TF in some other parts of the world? Doesn't seem to make sense that Hasbro et. al. would limit the availability of an item in a market as large as the U.S. Of course, maybe that's just an ignorant statement, given that I don't know how the U.S. market compares to the rest of the world. Do you guys have any insights? How available is he in Hong Kong etc.?

19. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then why are you replying? He's just sharing the info. Let's not turn this into yet another "this mold sucks" or "Hasbro sucks" thread.

20. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We've seen a lot of conflicting information come from Hasbro and HTS reps in the past. (I believe some folks on other boards have recently been told by reps that there will be more stock available later.) I wouldn't say this e-mail sets it in stone that NP is gone forever.

But don't get your hopes up, either.

Oh, and I'm NOT interested in this toy because it's limited. I'm interested because I likes the looks of the toy. If BM Geckobot was an HTS/SDCC exclusive, I still wouldn't want him.