No more money orders and personal checks?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by -Mainframe-, Oct 21, 2008.

1. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's been in place since August. Not exactly new to anyone using eBay on a semi-regular basis.

3. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

Thats so stupid, that cuts out alot of people from using ebay and why, cuz their to damn lazy to take a mail-in payment to the bank? Lazy fat asses:mad .

4. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

well thats from august and its october And I have been paying with money orders all month no problem. Or did I miss something?

Damn straight, lazy fat fucks need to get off thier ass once and awhile.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I am okay with it I love Pay Pal

6. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It started on the 20th supposedly...guessing on new listings only....but with all the fake/bad checks going around it's no wonder. I've seen people even faking cashier's checks for purchases.

7. -Mainframe-

-Mainframe- Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. This is the first I've heard about it.

Until I find out for sure, I will not be bidding.

8. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a newpaper mag from eBay and it said by the end of this month they would start imposing it, also it helps against sellers saying "I didn't get it" when they actually do, and helps prevent lost payments in the mail. also it's a way to give eBay more money when people switch to thier sister company Paypal

9. mecha

mecha Banned

this link gives a more concise and clear explanation of the madness they intend to inflict upon the masses:

October 2008

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Holy crap. The paperless stuff I can almost understand, but ONE DSR with an average lower than 4.1 means you're restricted from selling? Are they TRYING to drive eBay into the dirt? Granted, I tend not to sell on there anymore ever since the big rate increase a few months back, but damn.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    eBay doesn't like us selling things, but is perfectly happy to take out money anyway.

12. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I'm honestly surprised that anyone would even blink an eye at a paperless system nowadays. I kind of assumed everyone and their dog had a PayPal account by now. Hell, I have two - 1 that I intentionally signed up for, and 1 that just sort of happened when I used their system to make a credit card payment to an online e-tailer.

Regardless, I only use eBay these days to buy... and I barely even do that anymore. I stopped selling on there last year due to the fee's getting so nuts - and that was *before* the big (aka more screwed up) changes that they've recently implemented over the past few months. Which kind of sucks because there's a lot of Transformers I'm still looking to unload but don't want to set firm prices on. Meh.

13. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA

You can still pay by any method you want - sellers are just not allowed to SOLICIT non-electronic payments in their listings, email or invoices.

You can still contact a seller prior to auction end and ask if they will accept your MO/Cheque/Cash/etc.

14. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

I dont know about this, I literally am looking right now at different sellers that clearly list m.o accepted

15. RKillian

RKillian https://rktoys.myshopify.com

I can't believe so many people are stupid enough to put their faith in a paperless system.

Paypal has been documented to lock entire accounts for 6 months (and collect interest on your money) if you do anything suspicious like sell to the same person three times or spend over $500 per year. They're not regulated like a bank, and thus provide none of the protection, so why does anyone give them unfettered access to a bank account?

Sellers have used Paypal's disinterest to commit fraud by sending buyers boxes full of air. As long as there's a shipping record, Paypal often unquestioningly sides with the seller. Buyers can pull a similar trick and steal the money back even if they've recieved the item. It's a real gamble nobody seems to recognize until they get burned.

And in any case, you're paying a sizable credit processing fee even if the money goes from one Paypal account to another!

16. PorkChopKB

PorkChopKB Bay Harbor Butcher

News Credits:
    feebay and steal my money paypal can piss off!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have no problem using paypal to buy things, but I haven't sold anything since January. I actually like selling here. I might not make as much as I would using ebay, but I'm actually building a network of contacts, as well as being a little more assured that the figures I sell are going to people who are going to actually enjoy them, as opposed to turning around and reselling them.

18. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Why Ebay keeps putting these dumbass rules in place I have no clue? This Dinesh Lathi is a super dummy!

19. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well there goes my ebaying. I have a paypal account. its locked out. been locked out for near 2 years now. Why? I have no clue. I've used it maybe 6 times and never had a problem. I went to login and it said locked out and the lovely people at paypal don't want to help me out.

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I despise how much we pay in fees for paypal and ebay together.