No more knockoffs!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 2punish&enslave, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    I'm tired of browsing eBay listings and seeing knock offs being listed as "re-issued". There is a big difference between Hasbro (or Takara) doing a re-issue and some Chinese knock off. Knock offs are against eBay selling policy. I plan on reporting these items to eBay as I see them. I encourage you to do the same.

For each knock off item that you see that is listed as being a reissue follow the following steps...

1. In the item description click "Report Item". It is just above the item number in the item description.

2. Under "Report Category" select copyright & trademark.

3. Under "Reason For Report" select counterfeit item or authenticity disclaimer.

4. Under "Detailed Reason" select counterfeit, fake or replica items.

5. It then asks for a brief description. I say that "Item is listed as being a reissue. The item listed is in fact a knock off and not a reissue by Hasbro (or Takara)".

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'm starting to agree with this. A knock-off is not a reissue. Calling it such only fools eBay and those who are unfortunate enough to not know any better.

3. Strarf

Strarf Toy Battles Reloaded TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This bothers you that much?

4. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    It bothers me because I have a dad who doesn't use any TF sites and regularly checks eBay.

It's called "Looking out for your fellow fans."

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I see a lot of those listings. I think they're trying to circumvent the anti-KO policy of Ebay that's why they use "re-issue" which is wrong of course, since re-issues are Encores, TFCs, Commemoratives, etc.

6. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    im ok with knock offs but like EVERYTHING they should be marked as so, they are cheaper price and for a reason so you do get what you pay for at times, if your lucky for that...

7. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You should know what has been reissued and what has been KO'd. And if someone buys you a KO accidentally for a present and they didnt overpay hopefully( usually when it says reissue-the price reflects it) just be happy at the the thought.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. 2punish&enslave

Ebay:
    Exactly! This is my point. Anything marked as a knockoff will be taken down by eBay if they see it. So, in order to cheat the system these sellers are listing the items as reissues which of course they are not.

9. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seriously, if they were real, do you think they would end at those prices? Nobody is getting fooled.

11. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't like it when KOs are listed as authentic reissues. I've seen the trend where listings are listing an item simply as unofficial reissue, which I think is okay. It just makes it harder to find authentic toys. The best thing we can do is to try and educate people who are both collectors and not collectors.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I dislike people doing this as well and went so far as to correct a person doing it on Amazon, no idea if they have a no KO policy or not. I see so few on there it would matter little either way.

13. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was never a fan or these HQ KO since it first existing or any repro sticker label that try to match and use the same layout as the original and box. I refuse to buy any of its product. It is a misleading to the consumers and sometime retails thinking it's the real deal. They could've resolved the issue really easily by creating a different box or different art for their HQ figures and I'm sure most people would've been okay with that. Then, people can easily tell which is authentic or which is not without having to do some researches.

14. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Caveat emptor

15. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not when there is willful misdirection.

16. 2punish&enslave

Ebay:
    This type of thing can be stopped at least on eBay but it is going to take a coordinated effort of collectors to get it done.

17. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    No, people are getting fooled. Sites like Chimungmung sell those knockoffs for $80. People should not be paying $200 for them unless they think they're real and getting a 'good deal'.

18. stilettoheels

stilettoheels Banned

no, i'm going to ignore this, and keep buying my awesome KO transformers as much as i can.

19. JazzHunter83

JazzHunter83 Mrs FatalT

I have no problem with KO's, as long as they are clearly labelled as such and the selling price is not artificially inflated because of misrepresentation. Because that is just dishonest.

20. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I collect transformers, I have quiet a bit of knowledge but, I would have no clue how to tell that those 2 posted above were KO's. I don't know enough about recognizing official boxes from KO boxes and I would have been duped if I happened to be looking for those item.

Right now I'm trying to get a Classics Starscream and it's hard enough to find an original one of those that is not a KO. Most of the ones listed on ebay are all KO's and it drives me crazy. At least list it as a KO but don't state it's real when it's not.

Like this post:

KO HA Barricade

Clearly states it's a KO, I'm fine with that..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.