no more collecting

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by seventysuperbee, Jul 15, 2012.

1. seventysuperbee

seventysuperbee Well-Known Member

i am getting out of the collecting world i am tired of being broke all the time. I am willing to spend 3 to 400 on toys at a time. After seeing all oif the fodder from sdcc it makes me sick how much i have spent. i am also tired of the fe's short packs variants sdcc exclusive and all the other tactics hasbro does.If your going to make this stuff then make it if not dont put it out.So there for i am liquidating my collection and will not be buying any more stuff. hasbro has sucessfully run me off

2. chas_520000

chas_520000 Well-Known Member

i feel your pain brother. tru mp 10 is gonna be a bitch to find with the scalpers and the short supply. I can't bring myself to buy the 200 takara version. good luck to you and maybe after a break your mind will change.

3. seventysuperbee

not likely as long as hasbro keeps short packing i wont collect can you say rid vehicons or fe stuff

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know you don't need to buy them all, right?

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good for you man. I wish I could quit collecting, best of luck :) 

6. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I guess it's that time of the week again for another "I'm done with collecting" thread.

7. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Iv gotten to your point a few times since iv been a collector for the past 16 years. I just take long breaks. A year or 2 later, I always find myself buying toys again. Good luck to you bro. Hopefully you could stay away longer then I can.

8. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    im at the im spending to much phase at the moment a reboot is always pricey hense why after prime im sticking to genarations and mp only and im not even going to go completest on mp soundwave is my next i dont want no pricey deluxe toy lol

its classics you have to get and hold onto the rest tend to go down in price not up

9. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    You don't have to buy everything.

10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....$300-400.00?? Good heavens, no. I wouldn't spend that much in a single go.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Keep on keepin' on, then.

12. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

My wife would kill me on the spot.

13. kraven

kraven Decepticon

I feel for ya man. Hasbro plays dirty. Always has, always will. Its whether or not you want to deal with it. Personally I have decided to only buy the things that I really want, basicly Masterpiece and 3rd party stuff and the occasional Prime toy.

14. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I know how you feel. However, I learned the valuable lesson that you DON'T HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING. Sure, it's gonna FEEL like you have to, but you don't. I've cut back my spending on Deluxes and put them towards MPs. I pick and choose better than I used to, rather than trying to get an entire TV cast just to be a completist. It's a lot easier when you save up for them, and I also finance my new toys by selling off my old ones. I rarely mess with 3rd party anymore because that will totally screw your budget if you don't watch out.

Get the toys that you're really going to hang on to and treasure. For example, the X and Zero in my avatar. I LOVE those guys. Best $100 I've spent on toys in a long time, and I've gotten a lot of fun and play out of them. I just purchased FOC Jazz and Shockwave (still unopened), but if MP Prime turns out to be over $100 (due out this month), I'm taking one or both of them back to help pay for Prime. I'm selling some 3rd Party toys that I have in-box that I will probably never display just to have some money for my future MPs in December. I had iGear Ratchet and iGear Ironhide on pre-order, but I cancelled those. They would look awesome with my Alternators, but again, I'm picking and choosing.

Go through, pick your absolute FAVORITES, and hang onto them. For me, these are all my Alternators, Classics, anything Seekers and MPs. Everything else is pretty much sellable with no hang-ups.

15. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I'm cutting back on Hasbro products to focus on 1/6 scale stuff. I'll be spending the same amount without distribution problems fiascoes like the FE stuff. Hasbro has dropped the ball and almost all of their lines lately, and I really hope it hurts them in the coming years.

16. seventysuperbee

If you go to botcon it is a minimum of 300 and mp sound will be 200 the only way to solve this problem is quit altogether

17. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Or... Don't spend to go and don't buy mp soundwave? Sounds like you need to budget instead of thinking you need to spend that much. It's possible to collect and spend a lot less.

18. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Botcon eh? I know plenty of people that go to botcon who spend A TON more than $300 for the trip, but an expenditure like that is once a year and you could be like me and...not go because its too expensive.

Also, as has already been pointed out to you, Soundwave is not $200. He'll be $160 +pile of loot shipping for me.

You're like an obese person who keeps shoving cake into their face, who then quits sweets cold turkey instead of learning to love cake in moderation. The cake isn't the problem, the self control, or lack thereof is.

Mmm...cake.

19. seventysuperbee

I'll stick to not collecting

20. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Good luck, but don't be surprised if next week you're still wanting shit & eventually break.

My advice? Don't try & knock it all together. Instead, just focus on what you really care about & go from there. That way, you get to have your toys, but keep your wallet too!