No Megatron after 1st movie

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Burnout53, Jun 23, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    just cause he died it doesnt means his spark was destroyed. his spark jsut extinguished aka it shut down. (liek our hearts when they "shut down" we die)

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    No spark = death. Spark at minimum power = stasis lock.

Megatron was as dead as a doorknob. His spark was gone. I'd think someone like Optimus or Ratchet would know the difference between death and stasis lock - but in the movieverse, common sense has been banned.

3. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Yep, Megs was dead. You could ever see the crater where his bleeding Spark used to be. Until Ravage and Reedman stole back the Shard and Scalpel just miraculously brought Megatron back to life with The Shard.

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    What? This wasn't some sort of last minute choice and it's not as if he was in any other film before DotM. He was introduced to be ressurected. In TF1 Megatron had a plan, to find the Allspark and when he ended up on Earth his plan then came to turn Earth's machines into an army (or whatever). In RotF he didn't have a plan but in DotM we found out that he had planned to meet Sentinel on Earth to then bring Cybertron to them. Yes there are conflicting ideas here but Megatron's plan was always clear.

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i never said he lost his spark, i was saying that it wasnt destroyed, it shut down/extinguished (so yes it was gone, but not destroyed as Optimus and Fallen sparks were, it just shut down due to energy overload, tfwiki even classifies it as energy overload, not spark destruction as Optimus and Fallens deaths are classified. so as i said yes it was gone, but it was jsut shut down/extingushied, but not destroyed as Optimus and Fallen sparks)

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yes it does actually. When a spark is extinguished that means a Transformer is dead. If a spark is not extinguished that means they are still alive. A Transformers spark is made out of energy; it's not really a physical object.
    So when Megatrons spark was extinguished; it was destroyed.
    A spark can be reignited, but it takes a lot of energy (let's say an Allspark shard in movie Megatrons case).

EDIT::

Oooh, okay, I see where you're confused. You don't equate extinguished as being destroyed. Believe me when I say; most of us do. Destroyed/extinguished is pretty much saying the same thing.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Jazz had a shield protecting his spark chamber but at the time of his death it wasn't on (from some official guidebook I read by DK I think). The reason why Jazz wasn't brought back was purely because they didn't want Jazz back and with Ironhide there was nothing left to bring back (I think).

8. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Sentinel probably mounted Ironhide's head on the front of a Decepticon warship to show all humans and Autobots that all who dare to face himself or Megatron will lose their life.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    okaaaaaaay then :) 

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sorry but the movies just don't seem to have any rules other than just people making it up as they go along.

An injury on one robot is nothing at all like when Bumblebee got his legs blasted off. A lesser injury on another robot will drop them dead. The Cube can bring some things to life but somehow not others. Sam is organic but somehow Cybertronian magic brings him back to life. Ratchet can fix legs but not a voice box. Somehow the Cube can do all these amazing magical things but coming into contact with a Transformer's life spark will destroy it.

They just slap the films together without any thought about how the Transformers world would actually work. Get stumped just make something up.

11. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    I was about the say the same thing.

12. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Honestly this seems too true.
    It's our job to try to make sense of it all!

...thus the usual mess of the movie forum. :lol 

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    by the hands of a human.... nah micheal bay did a terrable job telling the story of the deceptecons