No love for Shattered Glass

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by butchrecon72, Oct 9, 2012.

1. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

Ok, I did not see any threads on this so here goes.

I see a lot of negativity tword the Shattered glass toyline. Why is that? I kinda like the idea. Now i have not read the entire story since i cant get all the books in one place. But most of the toys associated seem pretty decent looking. Am I one of the few who think so?

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    For me it was okay with the SG of big names until the line turns into random nobody characters.

3. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if i was a millionaire id love it, i can barely keep up with regualar AB/DC needs from G1 up, let alone there opposites!!

4. butchrecon72

I kinda like the no name minor characters, just adds more to my colleciton :) 

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was fine when it first came up but then Funpub dragged it out. After several years of it, people just want something different.

I found it amusing that people thought 'evil good guys & good villians' was such an original idea. It had been done in multiple other franchises so it really wan't a new concept. It had even been an idea in the G1 Megatron's Master Plan episode. Megatron fools Earth to thinking Deceptcons are the good guys and the Autobots are really evil.

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I like some of the color schemes, but the idea is played out. This is, what, the 5th year since its inception?

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    the problem is, is that no one had any problem....it went over well, it continued to sell well. TFCC decided to revisit it and THEN people started up with the "Oh no, why? why can't you move on? I hate this...etc...etc" and then seemed even more put out that after they started complaining, TFCC didn't throw a finished Botcon set into the trash and start over.

so basically....it's TF Fans being TF Fans.

TFCC Has said for MONTHS that Botcon 2013 is completely SG Free, and yet people still complain about "next years Botcon being more Shattered Ass" because they love to whine.

8. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the toys as repaints, but I'd just prefer them to be that. Not some crazy otherworld offshoot where optimus prime robs kfc's and megatron rescues kittens. I don't care about that.

As toy repaints they're pretty sweet. Just dunno why they have to have tacked on story. If they just had regular faction symbols and they made up generic names for all of them, I'd probably like them more.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

"Shattered Ass"...Man, this fandom needs to come up with better insults.

10. butchrecon72

So SG Free and a new theme? Sweet. THough I did like most of the SG Toys, a few are lame but none the less it gave me more to have to get. Never got to read the entire story, too many different books it is on.

11. butchrecon72

Or just realize that Funpub, Takara, Harsbro will just continue producing same molds with new colors till the well runs dry on them. THen produce some more before going in a new direction :) 

12. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

If this was a regular toyline then maybe I would have some interest. I don't know what is more ridiculous, the fact that Hasbro charges so much for repaints or the fact that fans are willing to pay 4x the prices for said repaints.

13. butchrecon72

I will go with fans paying more for repaints....we can be pretty silly sometimes. Just throw that $$$ away ;-)

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    yeah, and you don't have to like all or even ANY of the toys. Heck I honestly didn't like SG at all when it came out in 2008, over time the further entries have been ones I loved though. take it or leave it. thats everyones choice, but the people who continue to HARASS Pete and TFCC & the fans who do like it every post and every thread are just whiney babies who need to find a new hobby or need to read up on the threads that actually address their concerns instead of going "la la la, I can't hear you SG is still coming out and it sucks!".

15. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It always seemed weird to me that EVERY Autobot was now bad and EVERY Decepticon was good.It's just too 'neat and tidy' for me to buy it as an alternate universe, I guess.I like the concept but not the execution. In the end, though, I kind of consider myself to be a fairly casual fan - even though I have a dedicated MP/CHUG/third party G1 collection, a BW collection, an Animated collection and a Prime collection - and I don't have room for what seems to be more of a fan fiction type of line... and the prices don't really help, either.

16. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    I know right! lol I still find it funny how the Terrorcon Bumblebee sold with its high price tag.

I had no clue about Shattered Glass until a few months back. I found the idea interesting and started to look up the figures and their prices. After seeing the prices for these figures, I lost interest real fast.

Now, I'm making a Shattered Glass team with the Prime Cyberverse Legion/Commander figures. Not every figure has a repaint (yet), but these work out as a Shattered Glass line for now...and the pricing isn't insane. :D 

17. butchrecon72

I am with you on this. I am making my own shattered glass figures (Just completed SG Classics Wheeljack). Its a WHOLE lot cheaper and more fun to make my own. THough it requires a bit of time to do :) . But worth it in the end.

18. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

To be honest the one thing that bugs me the most with SG is how happily they repurpose older toys, so if you're after this particular line you're stuck chasing down quite a few things some of which previous convention exclusives.

Well, there's wasted potential too (why SG Optimus -> SG Optimus G2 when SG Ironhide could've been easily done given you're *using his mold for Soundwave*).

19. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I would like to have the Shattered Glass Starscream, but not for the prices he is going for, and he really doesn't look anything like Starscream, so I'm not that upset if he never makes it into my collection.

While I am not doing exactly this, I did order an extra FE Starscream from BBTS that I am going to repaint myself into Slipstream. :D 

20. orangeitis

orangeitis Sick Kiss Players Lover

Ebay:
    Same here. But I mainly like 'less popular' characters to army build with TFs that aren't drones/clones of each other. I love faces in my masses.

Some of us don't want that. Personally, I never understood what people's fascination was with dead-end universes that never get expanded on. So many parts of the universe left unsaw, questions are left unanswered, and you wonder where the characters and societies end up. I'd prefer it if either franchises stick with one universe(not holding that against RiD though, it was awesome) or at least continue the universes it has introduced. Abandoning continuities and 'moving on' seems like such an astronomical waste IMO.