No love for Cheetor????

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Waverider, Jan 22, 2009.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Hmm I thought it was 2 each. But I am not certain.

2. krazy83karl

krazy83karl Well-Known Member

3. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I love that mold (got the Henkei version). Best Cheetor released to date by far.

4. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I wish Cheetor would have had a gun made out of that backpack kibble. I would have preferred that over the stars. I don't care for the trend lately for the good guys to not have blasters. A water gun would have been a good homage and hasn't been seen in Universe yet.

5. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I had no intentions of picking up this figure, but my daughter and wife were at walmart and my daughter told my wife that daddy doesn't have this one yet. So they got it for me. I wasn't impressed at all. the shoulders are worse than i thought they would be. The arms are bad, particularly the hands. However, i might start buying some beast war stuff now, because his alt mode isn't too bad except his back legs don't snap together. And the more i am writing this the more i am actually liking his robot mode. I wouldn't say he's a must have, but for a change of pace he is ok.

6. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

cheetor? no.

7. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

8. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love Cheetor. I just can't pull the trigger on this figure. Maybe if I can get him on sale I will bite, but for now I am content with the original.

9. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I bought him, and I agree with those who have complained about the back kibble, lame weapons (tail club?) and horrible shoulders.

I would like to add lame eye color change/jaw open gimmick as another con of this figure. My reason is simply because I don't see a reason for the eyes to change color if they can't stay that way (like dinobots faction symbol gimmick, which is good).

The opening mouth is cool, but because it snaps shut immediately afterward I don't think the color changing eyes ere necessary.

I do, however, like the way he looks from the front in bot mode. His backpack is completely out of view and you'd swear this guy looked halfway decent so long as his shoulders aren't clipped in where the instructions suggest and placed lower.

10. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Universe Cheetor is the first Classics/Universe toy I had a "WTF" reaction to when transforming. Beast mode is good but Bot mode suffers poorly. It's not a bad toy but it's definitely inferior to the other Universe toys including Dinobot (which I just got today :D ).

11. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I would still rate him a 7/10 but the chest tabs in bot mode fit so poorly (or rather don't fit in at all) I don't know whether to laugh or cry. At least as bad as movie deluxe Brawl for that.

12. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    I want to give a Cheetor a loving home! Send me one! xD

13. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Lower chest or shoulder tabs? Both are nice and tight on my Cheetor. Why not just exchange him for a new one?

14. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    OK after reading the thread I was seeing things at a collectors point of view. Then I thought about the new generation that got exposed to TF through the movie and the TV shows that was broadcast in the last 5-6 years. The majority of the toys sold are for kids and the exposure of vehicle to robot is very familiar to them(In the exception to the Cybertron series). This caused millions of new TF fans. Any of the Beast Wars/Beast Machine characters is not familiar to them.

What I read on this thread is that some of you have kids that enjoy this figure because they where exposed to the series through the parents. I brought my 6 year old nephew to Target today and I told him he can choose any of the deluxe class toys. There was a bunch Cheetors and 2 dinobots, a Cyclonus and various other figure. He chose TFA Prowl. Their where other 2 kids looking at the other Transformers and ignoring the BW stuff. I told my nephew and the other kids "Don't you think the dinosaur and the cheeta TF looks cool?". They said "no".

The point I'm getting at is that Cheetor is not selling well to the new TF fans and collectors due to poor design. The reason Dinobot is selling really well is because it's a hot item to the collectors. After us collectors get our Dinobots, the rest will be shelf warming with the rest of the Cheetors.

15. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cheetor sucks..

16. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Titanium's all I need.

17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, I think it's not fair to say that Universe CHeetor is a shelf-warmer just because it's a beast.

I know a lot of youngsters in my school who think that Optimus Truck looks stupid and the Gorilla was superior. It's just the good thing about TF. TEhere's a line for almost every generation.

I tought of buying my son the Universe one for Christmas since he became a fan of the character after watching the series on DVD but after seeing and comparing molds I got for him the original first mold that looks better in my opinion.

I may pick up the Titanium someday. Simple tranformation but he looks awesome in both modes.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I am so glad this thing is a shelf warmer. less of a chance they'll curse another character with the the mold later on.

I rarely regret buying transformers but this one, ugh. I hate myself for buying it.

it's easily the worst thing to come out of a transformer line since Armada Smokescreen.

19. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You say that....but I'm honestly waiting on a Tigatron repaint....I don't want one, but I'm waiting on one....Hasbro LOVES their repaints. I.e. Bluestreak/Prowl/Smokescreen, Pick a Seeker, any seeker, Ironhide/Ratchet, & Sunstreaker/Sideswipe

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I hear you but I'd still rate Armada Sideswipe and Wheeljack worse than Cheetor, as well as half of the Energon Autobots. Cheetor, however, doesn't have a line-wide gimmick to excuse his flaws.