No Killstreaks.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by UndeadMonkeyGuy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    From the kotaku question session:

Is this a bad decision?

2. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    I posted this in another topic, but this SUCKS! Terrible decision, Does killstreaks hurt call of duty?

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm all for a more competitive game. I'll admit I'm not a very good player so going up against those skilled players that get killstreaks ALL THE TIME make it not as much fun. They're already kicking my trash, but now you gotta go and give them another advantage!!? :lol 
    I'm sure there will be plenty of disappointed players. I wouldn't have complained if they DID keep them in, and it's not like I rejoicing that they aren't included this time, but I won't miss them too much (I'm sure I'll be in the minority here)

4. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm really pissed right now

5. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    on one hand i will miss it, but it is true, it does break balance and favors the skilled players

6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Meh, I don't mind. I'll be killing my enemies regardless of killstreaks, so it's all good :) 

7. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    can we think up of any kill streak rewards that doesn't improve your ability to kill, but is still fun and rewarding?

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Soldier, Three-killstreak: "Make You Cry." All projectiles launched are now rainbows.

:lolol 

9. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    heads of everyone you kill strapped to your belt. by the time you get a hundred your a massive ball that you can roll over people with :p 

10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yes:) 

11. shadowsfm

News Credits:
    call of duty has no class (or classes)

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    im probably the only one who doesn't mind. At least people wont be try-harding their best to get that killstreak award. and yes, this is a huge problem in COD.

13. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

Whether or not it's a problem in CoD is CoD's concern, not FoC's. They're two very different games, and what works for one won't necessarily work for the other. The thing about rewarding players for doing well is that it creates an unstable equilibrium; the player or team who's winning tends to continue winning by an increasing margin, so there's no way for the other players/teams to catch up. There's no point in having matches to 40 kills, for instance, determined by who gets to 15 kills first; and that must have been happening a lot, because they mentioned runaway games as a problem they encountered in testing.

For the record, I feel killstreaks in CoD, on the whole, have sufficient balancing factors that they're a fun mechanic without leading to runaway games (if a game was won or lost by that large a margin, it usually has more to do with player skill than killstreaks), but that's neither here nor there.

14. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a shit move. There is less incentive to play as any other class aside from the strongest now. Least in WFC you could go the scientist and get rewarded with the cannon.

15. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that. I think players are going to find what works best for them regardless of which class it is. If a player could get a huge killstreak with a scientist that probably means they were pretty good at using the scientist regardless of whether or not they were rewarded with something.

16. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

There isn't supposed to be a "strongest" class, that's why they're doing all this testing, demoing, and rebalancing. The point of multiple classes isn't to have multiple power levels, it's to have multiple play styles at the same power level. Removing killstreaks was also a matter of balance. Tieger explicitly said that they ran into balance problems with killstreaks in testing, and that's why they're gone. At any rate, I'm pretty sure killstreaks aren't literally the only distinguishing, or powerful, characteristic of the different classes.

17. RipCurl

RipCurl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did say less incentive not none :p 

There will still be one class that seems OP though.

The killstreaks in War didn't seem OP or unbalanced to me so don't see a reason they couldn't just bring the same ones back

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I actually like the no kill streak thing. Of all "Team Deathmatch" games I've played there is also kill streaks involved. Although it does add an element of excitement, the change of pace is a breath of fresh air I think.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    It hasn't really bothered me, but I did like them.

I think the T.E.C.H. is supposed to fill in for killstreaks because they use the same button, especially in MP. I wonder if more pickups will be available in the full game (i.e. C.L.U.T.C.H.)?

20. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    I can get a huge killstreak whichever class I use. :lol