No job...again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyclonuS_ZerO, Jan 15, 2012.

1. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    So I've been without a job now for almost a week...and it reeeeeally sux. I've applied at a few places, but heard nothing. I would check on my applications, but it's not viable to do so on the weekend. Hopefully Monday will yield some results. Anyone else here on the boards in the same rut? How are you dealing?

2. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Ive been working only on saturdays at a relatively local woolworths (4th woolies from where i live) and have only been working on saturdays for 4 hours for since june. Which is odd ecause i am apparantly an efficient worker and ave only had one bad report whcich involved a freezer a trolley and my tongue (no joke)

3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Same thing here. I just lost my job of 4 months over ONE BS customer complaint. It was a complete lie. Of course the people I worked for aren't from the states so they don't really know how to run a business here. They just don't understand in the restaurant business, ONE complaint isn't feasibly sufficient enough to damn an employee who is never late and always shows up and does his work...but whatever. Morons.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

aw shit man

5. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Story of my life.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    One week? Really?

Yeah, try being unemployed for the better part of 2 years because you don't wanna work at mcdonalds & then see how life with a hobby like this one treats you haha.

7. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Well these last 3 1/2 years have been the only years in my life that I've worked besides going to school. I'm 26, so as you can imagine, it's not that it has only been one week, it's that I'm used to working ALL the time now.

8. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sucks man. I may still live at home and not have a gf but I atleast have a contractor job. It's not permeanent but I think I would seriously shoot myself if I didn't have a job Mondays thru Fridays. Lord knows I have a hard enough time keeping occupied on the weekends.

9. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Most of the fast food places aren't even hiring around here. I know a few people who would jump on a chance to grab a Mcdonalds job just to have a few dollars coming in.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Damn Cyc, I sure hope things pick up for you soon man.

11. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    You know, even though I really dislike working in retail sometimes, it's good to at least have a job; especially in this economic climate. I really hope you're able to get employed somewhere else.

12. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I get ya. I started working full time when I was 17 (I'm 24 now), and with exception to getting laid off once & having to move with my family shortly after that (where my down time was filled with dealing with a lot of other bullshit & flew by until I started at Canadian Tire), this is the 1st time that I've really been in this position. Work's always been a main priority & focus in my life (as I believe it should be), so now it's like wtf. I actually have a LOT of other things that I need to be doing, but I'm just mentally messed up because of this that I can't even concentrate on those like I need to, especially now that there's actually time for it.

Funny how that works out, eh?

Well, if things don't happen soon, I'll probably be one of those people too. Another funny thing is that I likely couldn't even get one of those jobs very easily (if even at all now days) because all my experience is labour & automotive retail related (rather than working on cash or food service), and because most of the competition where I live involves people who're way more qualified than me & doing jobs that they're way over qualified for.

That's the case everywhere though, so I'm hardly an exception. Just gotta keep looking, and hopefully I'll figure something out sooner than later. The good thing about all of this is that since I've always been good with money & haven't needed to pay rent (leaching off of parents ftw), I'm not in a position of being homeless like someone like me probably would be if things were different.

13. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Well, I've been out of the job for half a year now and still searching and going to school. Been working for 13 yrs straight till last August. Feels weird though I love "not working", but sadly, there is no money coming in. Living with my parents for now till I can get a job again.

14. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Word. But thankfully I'm getting paid by the GI Bill to go to school, plus unemployment. So it could be worse.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstance. Chin up and stiff upper lip. I pray your situation changes quickly and you find employement soon.

16. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I lucked out. Thinks got slow on the pipe side so they threw me into sheet metal just to keep me workin 40 hrs. I love this new company I'm working for. I get to learn two trades!

17. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

i have been out of the job for about 3-4 weeks now and it sucks. I am going to have to work on updating my resume and do online apps.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Dude I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Sorry about that guys, but do what I do, go to a staffing agency and see if they can help you and meanwhile you can put your resumes's in else where.

20. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I have been out of a job for sometime now. Part of the reason is that i am still trying to get my fybro under control and the other part is that i am going to school full time. Mostly just been working summer jobs because it is hard to find a part time job without open availability. So for now its school as my focus. Luckily between me and my fiancee student loans cover our living expenses (a valid use for said loans).