no instructions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by con-artist, Jul 25, 2007.

1. con-artist

con-artist New Member

I consider it a point of pride that I have never used the instructions for any Transformer. Over 20 years and hundreds of Transformers later, I have not even looked at them. I haven't broken any, but sometimes those new-fangled ball-and-socket joints pop loose. I like the challenge of solving the puzzle. I have transformed enough of them now that I have a "feel" for how the conversion should take place. Omega Prime made me cry. I pulled some all nighters on the alternators. But I have never broken my streak.

So...instructions or not? What TF do you think has the most difficult transformation?

2. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Among the ones I have, I think my Alts (Mirage and Dead End) and Movie Leader Prime have rather complex transformations.

I try to guess how they how they transform, but if I feel I'm gonna break something I prefer reading the instructions. In fact, I had to do it with Armada Overload.

3. CrossRook

CrossRook Well-Known Member

I use instructions when I get stuck. Which isn't very often. Only really stuff like MP Megs and some of the tougher ALTS. But after the first glance, never again. Though I do look at the JPN instructions for the pretty pictures and shots showing special features.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, let's see you do that with MP Megatron and not break anything.

5. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

are you Kup by any chance? your 'new fangled ball joints comment seems to indicate so, since the arial bots, g1 whirl and astrotrain seem to indicate so

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    The only instructions I've ever even bothered to take out of the baggie are for the movie deluxes, and that's only out of fear of breaking Bumblebee's spring-loaded chest.

7. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm starting to not use instructions. But if it gets to complicated I tend to go to the instructions. (Example movie ironhide)

8. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I use instructions on all toys with automorph features. a lot of people broke their bumblebees by not reading the instructions, and there was no way in hell I was going to break mine.

it's rare for me to use instructions though. I used them on a few alternators, RID Omega Prime (I refuse to believe anyone did NOT use instructions for that), the beast wars combiners (same), and I think thats it.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Im a geek. I get them out everytime after (or when stuck) just to make sure I did'nt miss anything. There's soemtimes that hidden feature you miss, then you read those hidden feature threads and half the posts would'nt be in there if they just 'read the instructions'.

Sometimes I go step by step like with Alts & MP's , so I don't end up accidentally break anything trying. MP Starscream & Megatron , I was careeefulll

10. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I don't really need it for the older stuff like G1. Alts and some of the newer TF's.. I couldn't live w/o them.

11. y2jversion1

y2jversion1 Rent this space today!

Ebay:
    Haven't used them in eons.. even for MP Megs, SS & OP :D 

12. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I need them. I don't fiddle with them much and I forget steps easily. Obviously, some are more easier than others, but there's no chance of me remembering how on earth I got MP-05 to gun mode.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I used to keep all of my instructions. Now I have a giant box of instructions that I don't want and/or need and no clue what to do with them.

Ever since, I've just tossed them.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

You Rang?

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Uhhh... I had no problem with RiD Omega Prime... I guess moving Magnus's head out of the way is kinda a pain, but everything seemed pretty easy... the way the legs fold up, the inside-out arms... And the body part I just figured out before I got Prime. :confused: 

I try not to use instructions if I can help it. I used em for Ironhide, cause, well... yeah, I couldn't even figure out where to START on him... and I used em for Blackout so I didn't break anything... almost had Ratchet figured out, but I missed one step that I had to find in the instructions.

I used to use instructions for my alts, but then I tried figuring things out by myself. I've had to resort to instructions a few times with just about all of em.

16. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Yup. Here, too.

The older I get, the worse I get at Transforming stuff. I can still manage G1 Soundwave and Prime, though.

Oh, yeah - and the Jumpstarters. ;) 

17. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

mp prime, movie prime, and movie ironhide

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When all else fails, read the instructions... my father's (may he rest in peace) favorite quote.

Did you really transform Sixshot into all modes without instructions?

19. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I use 'em for everything just because I'd rather not break my new toys. Ok, well the Cyber Slammers were an exception...

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've only used them on MP Megs and Prime.

Everyone else I just tinker with until I get it right.