No G1 Season 3 & 4 on the Hub?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Repainted, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

Sorry if it's already been discussed, but looking ahead I see that they're starting from Season 1 of Transformers on the Hub next week. Are they not showing Season 3 because it lacks Optimus (obviously a major character in the third movie, TFPrime and other TF series of the last decade) or is it they're waiting on getting the original Transformers The Movie broadcast? That, and how to broadcast it, I imagine, as it was also cut up into episodes after the series titled as days. Was anything ever revealed on why the final third of the original series won't be re-aired?

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I noticed that as well when I was looking through my guide on dishnetwork.

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering about this. I didn't check it as you guys did, but I was wondering how they wer egoing to segue into the 3rd season without showing the movie. Guess they're just not going to, or maybe they're going to wait until they do another rotation and the Prime series runs its regular episodes?

4. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

I saw that too - same thing with GI Joe Season 2 (hell, they did not air The Traitor Part 2!!). I thought about contacting the Hub about this as I Tivo both every night to watch before I leave for work every morning.
    D-Unit, you may be right with waiting for Prime (& Renegades) to wrap up first. Argh!

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It could be they'll treat it as another new season and put those episodes into rotation later on.

There's no reason for them not to show S3, unless they think the episodes won't be as popular. They show S3 on Teletoon Retro in Canada, after all.

6. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

I can't see the Hub not airing Season 3 either. While they might not be as popular with some fan's as the first two seasons, they are still part of the G1 continuity and it would really make no sense for the station to simply not air the third season.

I agree with Aernaroth, Retro plays Season 3, why would the Hub be any different?

7. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's probably true. I mean, in the old days (the 80s), we had to wait a year for new episodes, maybe they are doing that again. It actually makes sense, they have like 60+ episodes of season 1 and 2, so re-running them isn't really so out of the oridinary

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It sucks. I was looking forward to seeing the S3 eps again, since I've seen them the least.

9. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I hope they play the 1980's movie before doing season 3.
    Perhaps they just haven't gone that far yet with their programming listings.

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Apparently that was either a Tivo error or a regional cable programming error. Part 2 did air on The Hub though. Saw it mentioned on another forum by a couple members who confirmed they saw it on the network when the schedule had it slated to air.

And contacting the Hub to ask about TF G1 S3-4 as well as the "missing" Joe episode would be a good thing. We can only speculate about it here.

Means of contacting The Hub:

The Hub (HubTVNetwork) on Twitter

The Hub | Facebook

YouTube - HUBTVNETWORK's Channel

11. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

I figured they did. I think then I will go with "wife error" on that one. Damn

12. kremzeek prime

kremzeek prime Kremzeek!!!!!

I'm thinking along these lines as well. Perhaps after the new episodes of TF Prime are shown, they will begin showing the next season of G1, or maybe the episodes they have ran were just there to get us ready for the new show.

I hope they will show the movie....but my dreams never come true :cry 

13. atanos

atanos New Member

Thank God for Netflix

I have enjoyed re-watching the first 2 seasons with my 3 year old son and 5 year old daughter. They especially love the movie and want to watch it all the time. I got it from Netflix and it was so good, we had to own it, but finding a used copy was ridiculously expensive, so I burned a copy. What are you going to do, right? Now that the Hub isn't airing season 3, I guess it's back to Netflix. My daughter is really going to love this season, because Hot Rod is her favorite. He is pink after all. Of course, we are looking forward to more of Transformers Prime, but there is nothing like sharing a show from your childhood with your kids, and having them love it as much as you did.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I'm starting to think they may not air season 3.

If I'm right, out of all the cast of season 3, only Arcee has a counterpart in the new series.

And I'm starting to think they are only interested in giving us season 1+2 because they featured the "regular" characters.

15. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

=( I hope you're wrong. I love my season 3!

In fact, I hope they air season 5 after all is said and done. Bring back Tommy Kennedy!!

16. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They should play season three... They've got Blurr, Kup, Rodimus, Cyclonus, and Scourge toys all gracing the shelves right now.

17. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

What is "the Hub"?

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Hasbro's own channel that Mattel doesn't have.