No FOC for PC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Darkspeed, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just saw this on Kotaku... Looks like PC gamers are gonna have to go without their Fall of Cybertron fix.

High Moon Just Can't Handle a PC Version of Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Thoughts?

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Wasn't this confirmed already?

3. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Yep..poor poor PC gamers...

4. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So im stuck getting a crappy win only version. Why can they put a game with realistic graphics, such as Skyrim, on the pc, which runs without flaws on mine, and not this. Doesn't make any sense

5. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Glaaaaad I got a PS3 back on Oct.

6. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    this has been known for quite some time.

highmoon does not want to develop for pc. sounds dumb but it's as simple as that.

anyone who played wfc pc online seriously will tell you that the game turned into a hackfest nightmare. they don't want to get badmouthed again for not supporting a released game, so the easiest solution to that is just to cut it from development and focus on the consoles that have built in security measures. that way you can still look like a pro even if your coding could have been exploited on pc.

7. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never heard it confirmed anywhere.

I say we start a petition. I am prepared to pre-order and pay the game even now, to get it for PC. :( 

8. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do alot of people still play pc games? I thought consoles took over long ago. I don't know any of my friends that still play pc games. They've all switched to consoles.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    nah, there's still a huge pc gaming population. you don't see many PC games at retail anymore though cause steam kinda tookover.

kinda hard to resist their deals when they offer a lot of popular games under $5 when their seasonal sales pop up.

it was confirmed by highmoon a week or two after the initial FOC announcement. theres an old thread in here too somewhere with plenty of nerdrage (myself included). petition won't help cause of how miserably WFC sold on PC. I still blame highmoon for not supporting it and making it the game the console versions were. If they were all treated equally things could have been different.

10. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    That's funny - I'm actually the exact opposite. One or two of my friends own consoles, but after college I've never seen any of them touch them...

11. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really news, they've implied it all along by excluding PC from any of the platform lists.

Anyway, I can't say that I'm surprised. "We can't handle it" is kind of a lame way to dodge the issue but what he is saying is also true. Fact is, I jumped on WFC via Steam on the first day it came out and the most people that I have ever seen online playing at one time amounted to about 60 people. Beyond the first week the most players online at one time was closer to 30 and has only steadily decreased since. As much as it sucks for PC gamers like myself, I don't really blame them for not wanting to put the effort into supporting a platform 99% of their customers won't use.

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Well, at least it's an honest answer instead of blaming it on piracy. And I can see where they're coming from. They simply don't want to pour resources into something they know they can't handle, won't make that much money on, and would just give PC gamers another shitty console port. It sucks, but that's the way it is. Maybe if FOC does well and there is considerable interest in a PC version, they'll put another team on a port.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    They're just not good at PC games. It's as simple as that. At least they admitted it and now we can all move on.

14. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    ALOT OF PEOPLE DO.... Anyone who says the PC community is small are dumb and don't know anything about it.
    The community is still as big as Xbox or PS3.

Yep, I agree.
    I'm glad that they are nothing bothering with it because it was a shitty port and proved that PC is not what they are good at.
    I'm also glad I got a free Xbox from my friend... ;) 

Skyrim is made by Bethesda which is one of the few PC friendly companies, plus alot of the physics in the game are from Half-Life 2.
    High Moon Studios isn't a PC friendly company because they like to take the easy way out and just port a game.
    Most companies would keep on porting games like EA but for High Moon Studios to come out and say "We can't do it because we suck at it" takes alot of courage and shows that they really care about what they are doing and I truly respect them for that reason.
    Plus it would delay the game if they needed to make a PC Team.

15. B.F.

B.F. Well-Known Member

I don't really know...
    Is I play the wrong game?
    The WFC I play, was the almost perfect level TPS without any bugs (on PC of course).
    Compare to nightmare Rage PC release, WFC was a miracle.
    So I'm really disappointed to hear that.

16. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

I dont think this answer is honest. There is 1 reason why they are not making a PC Port: Because they dont expect to get alot of money out of it. PC WFC sold too few copies.

And i dont know about you, but i thought WFC was an extremly well done port, in fact, it was probably one of the best console ports i have ever played in my life. So i call bullshit on their "reason".

17. B.F.

B.F. Well-Known Member

And the usual thing.
    If they talk about "poor PC sales" they didn't count online sales.
    And that's a lot. Maybe even more than box version.

18. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

uhhh steam anyone?

19. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

on gt it says it will be on pc

20. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Avatar by Pinpoint

The only console I on is a wii because any other game I want I could play on pc. I do not have any other consoles for this reason. Come on High Moon, I get it, this isn't what you do, but at least give us something.