No "First 100 Pin" for Botcon this year & Extra hotel block

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mooon, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    This probably just means they haven't fixed the duplicate invoice issue :lol 

2. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah but i just graduated and i've been trying to find a job for a while now and what i do have saved up may not cut it. plus i didn't think this year would be as awesome as it was.

3. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    Sweeeeeet

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I was torn between this and some attempt to slow the first half hour slam on the servers. If only they didn't have a limited class or two with too few seats and many people interested in it.

5. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    What do the different packages sell for? What usually comes with the different packages?
    I would like to attend 4 days. But I really can't afford 300+ right now

6. Aaron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    For one person...

~20 dollars is one day's (maybe two days) general admission on Saturday or Sunday, access to panels if not full (not that it has ever been a problem).

~140 dollars gets you in the door Friday-Sunday and access to all of the panels without any toys.

~300 dollars gets you all of that, plus the boxed set of toys, plus the attendee exclusive, plus the Saturday night dinner.

7. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is the 300 price tag after the club discount?

8. Aaron

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Last year it was 305 for members and 375 for non-members.

9. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for those that have attended in the past, would it seem that the box set is priced based on the toys they use? like last year was 3 deluxes and two voyagers and last years was 305 and this year is 4 deluxes and one voyager so would that translate into a smaller (i don't expect by much but something) price tag? or does it seem to be about 300 for the set every year?

10. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Quickest answer to that is to say "see for yourself" (just scroll down to the appropriate years).

11. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just to note that, last time it was in California, they charged an extra $50 for the dinner. But typically, yeah, it's in the cost of the box set.

As long as you can scrape up the initial cash for the Primus package (that's the one with the box set of toys for ~$300), it's always the best deal. You can always resell it, typically to another dealer at the show, for the $300 you paid at a minimum, so it's a free convention. Most times you can even get more than you paid (especially with the attendee freebie), so you end up with extra cash towards the hotel room, food, dealer room spending, etc.

12. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fair note on the dinner though - rather than being done at the hotel or convention center as a dinner event it was a party on the Paramount backlot instead, with a preview of ROTF scenes. So the extra cost wasn't so much to do with it being in Pasadena as with the extra cash layout to make that party work.

13. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well i already save on a hotel as i am crashing with my sister but good to know on the price, as long as it doesn't open til next weekend i should be good.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SHIT! It was 375 last year for the set? Wow, I was not interested in last years set I didn't bother to look at the price. I wanted to get 3 sets of this years set but at 375 no way that is going to happen. I went to the 2007 show and it was 280 for everything.

15. Mayhem_Prime

Mayhem_Prime Steggo-puss

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    join the club and you'll save some money

16. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    Joining the club IS a way to save like $20....An I do want that Sideburn figure....

registration is going to happen this month right? No refunds if you can't make it after you paid? Or is there a way to put some money down, and the rest at the Con? I would like to get the Primus package, but I don't really want the set of figures, I would look at it as a way to fund my time at the con' (I do like Dead End though...)

17. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Joining the club has never saved you less on the BotCon set than the cost of joining the club, at least for US members. At an absolute minimum, if you put out the $40 fee to join, you'll save $40 on the BotCon Primus or Iacon package, so if you're going to get the BotCon set, there's no reason not to join. In the worst case scenario, you effectively bought the Primus or Iacon package and got a full year of the magazine and another toy for free,and you can sell that to recoup even more of the cost if you don't like the membership toy.

The last few years, you actually save more on the package than you spend to join the club. This means that if you're going to get the BotCon set anyway, FP is effectively paying you to join the club.

18. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Quite right.

That said, (and I may well be the minority on this) I found that to be a huge waste of time. I'm glad I got my picture with Weird Al, but that was pretty much the only element I enjoyed of that evening. If they do something similar this year, I'm saving my money.

19. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You found being among the first fans worldwide to preview the Bumblebee/Ravage battle scene from ROTF to have been a waste of your time?

I can't say I agree with that.

20. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That night didn't work out very well logistically though it was still fun. The buses were late and they didn't seem to have enough so I personally didn't get to the event until almost 2 hrs after it was supposed to start. Also, not being able to do the tour until after the movie screenings kinda screwed the people in the second screening group (ie me) because we had to just sit around doing nothing while the first group went and then it was really late into the night by the time we could do anything.

Still was fun to go there and see the movie clips.