No finality

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MTME, Jul 1, 2011.

1. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Michael Bay had said that the 3rd moie was definately the last one and there was a "finality to the storyline"
    Granted one could look at it like that but I just kept thinking what about all those decepticons all over the world where they were launching pillars? They are now leaderless and they will not only be fighting against the Autobots but against themselves too in order to establish who will lead them (86 movie remember that argument SOUNDWAVE SUPERIOR)

I felt there is still more to do and all that was finalized was that the #1 and #2 man were killed. Just look at Al Quieda, the #1 and #2 man are dead but does that mean they don't exist anymore? hardly...I say bring on #4...but in a few years, let's let DOTM sink in first.

2. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megs death was the finality for me. Even though he should be the prime villain in all the films he really wasn't but he's still billed as Optimus yang.

The only rebuild from Megs death is if unicron came and reformatted him but for general audiences this would push the cheese level too far for a big budget flick. Fans would love it to death but their goal is to get fans AND non fans in the seats.

3. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Note 200 Decepticons bridged into Washington and most covered the world.

AS opposed to five Autobots left.

4. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And didn't they all get sucked back up? I saw a few getting sucked back through the bridge anyway, along with cybertron.

5. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    Same goes for Star Wars. They killed the top two, but what about the rest or the Empire? Did they all just give up and go away?

6. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

To end the movie with basically a couple of lines from Optimus and then a scene of Simmons kissing Mearing is not a lot of closure. I really would like to see what happens to the characters afterwards like if Sam gets married or finds a better job, what happens to Epps and Lennox now that the Decepticons are all but defeated, and what the Autobots do now that there's no more battles.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Only the ships.

8. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:

as far as those movies the empire could exist but the sith were the power and brains behind the empire.

9. Fishdirt

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no, a few cons without ships got sucked up too. One was grasping to grab something. I remember thinking "how does that thing know what specifically to suck back in?". Not to mention the people and bots near the things that got sucked up apparently didn't seem to be phased.

10. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Once everything had been blown up the film pretty much just stops. Even just a little montage like at the end of the first film to wrap things up would have been nice.

11. Skywarp86

Skywarp86 Active Member

There's a heck of a lot of doors still left open at the end and the actual ending scene's - from Carly's peptalk to Megatron onwards - just felt totally rushed.

12. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

The Nemesis is still on Mars. The bots could find something there. The bots could find a base inside the moon. There's also the hatchlings in Africa. Though i suppose the Autobots could go get them, if they find them, and teach them the ways of good. Then the cycle starts over again....only this time On Earth instead of Cybertron. Its non canon, but an evil human could Become Galvatron (Man made machine, becoming megatron-like by his new found power) by finding Decepticon tech or making contact with what would be revealed to be Unicron.

13. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

Are you referring to the newer trilogy they made with sam jackson etc? Is it any good? I used to hate TNG but actually like it now. I thought about givin SW another shot.... Is all the sith stuff from those? it sounds interesting enough I dont really like the old SW tho....

They brought Megatron back in part 2, what would be so bad about doin it again lol. the average joe probably knows how badass he is.

I like the OPs idea about Con infighting, I can totally see that. Im tellin you, Bludgeon....

But was he already used like in the comics? I stopped after Reign of Screamer

14. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

This and the final fight are what have me feeling a little ripped off and not having complete closure for this trilogy.

15. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Bay will probably say...we had time constraints. But what is 5 more minutes?

16. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If Bay wasn't so keen on having to include scenes of men with their pants down and pretty girls staring into space in his films there would have been an extra five minutes.