No Dinobots In Revenge of the Fallen?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Born 2B Alive!, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Born 2B Alive!

Born 2B Alive! Director Of Entertainment

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And yet, until the franchise has ended people will still make angry posts about how the Dinobots need to be in the movies because if they could have a giant scorpion then they can definitely have giant dinosaurs, and saying otherwise is just stupid.

3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather have it without the Dinobots. Just ruins the movies.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    ^ Maybe

5. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I dont trust one mans opinion in any such field let alone holly wood.

There are perfectly justifiable ways to get this all done and keep the realism. I dont think anyone ever said they have to stay dinos the entire film.

The only reason they arent even thought to be in there is because they were just not picked by the director. Yet we get the fallen which is the most rediculous story line that will firmly cement this movie franchise in the realm of super tacky cliche. If the first film didnt already do that with having the once again cliche omnipotent all spark which is just another BS plot device which allows them to quickly get rid of the story or back drop.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The MTV guy makes more sense than any member in this board ever.

7. AMG

AMG Old School

I love the Dinobots, but the thought of them being in the live action movies has never even crossed my mind.

8. MBSHOOT

MBSHOOT Well-Known Member

People who love the dinobots and who are upsessed with having them in the movies are probally just a little blind to the fact that they just wouldnt work with the mainstream. I meen i love the dinobots but i dont wont to see idiot robot dinosaurs in the transformers movies it would just make it cheesy.

People need to look past there own wants so that way in the end they can see that its probally better for the movies as a whole.

9. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Uh, these are, for no reason really, humanoid robots who have lips, blink their eyes, make jokes about "peeing", can be a bit deficient in their faculties (if the leaked pictures translate directly to personalities of the twins), et cetera. There can be an argument against including the Dinobots in a film, but claiming their omission is some sort of adherence to a sense of realism is very silly.

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I think the man who is well-known as being THE Dinobots writer for Transformers comics knows better, as he is a professional writer, than fans on the internet. If he knows the Dinobots better than most writers (and remembering he is not just a comic book writer, he's also a television writer), then he should know if they would work in other mediums presented to a different audience and setting.

How would you know the Fallen is ridiculous?

11. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    What if they were triple changers, a robot, a Dinosaur, and a Big Truck or something?

12. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

It isn't so much about "realism" as it is about making sense within the internal rules of this particular fictional universe. If the Transformers are 'robots in disguise' taking on Earth forms to blend in with their surroundings, then in that context 'giant metal dinosaur' doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I've seen the argument that they might've been on Earth in prehistoric times and taken on the forms then... but if that were the case, wouldn't they need to almost immediately change forms upon reawakening (or whatever)? It would also beg the question of who exactly the disguises were originally intended to deceive ('other' dinosaurs?)

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    It's a valid point tho.

14. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want to see Grimlock.:bowdown: 

15. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Roberto Orci answered for long time ago. He can't imagine robots transform into dinosaurs.

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'd take them in "comic" form, and then they can make toys based off that, but i just think making a bunch of dumb autobots running around with the brains of drunks who just like to destroy everything, would just be one lame plot lol... for a movie, that already has the plot of stuff happens, and things blow up lol!

i just think the dinobots while in the cartoons are awesome, in SMALL doses, but i think in the movie, i'd just be lame. plus 5 giant dinosaurs kind'a removes that "in disguised" factor. and with the scorpionk, well, at least it could burrow lol

it's just a small drone/minion thing. that doesn't even technically transform. *heck the toy doesn't even really transform!* lol!

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    As a tank.

That would work. We get the character of Grimlock and they get a suitable modern day alternate mode for him.

18. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Oh noes! No Dinobots in movie???
    No Wai! :cry  :cry  :cry 

19. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    QFT

20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This sums up most, if not all of the "Who Should Be in the Movie" topics for the last year.
    What goes into the movie will be what is needed to make it successful as well as giving some love to the fans. Nothing more, probably less. Too much fan-wank will ruin it as a whole and will become less appealing to newer fans.