No dinobots in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by dunerunner123, Nov 30, 2011.

1. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

Okay so alot of people are being disapointed by the dinobots not appearing in multiplayer. But when Tieger anounced this, I dont think he specifically meant that Grimlock and the others would be left out. Tieger said that chassis would be all customization from the parts of other transformers (airaids shoulders, silverbolts chest etc) so dont you think that they would include the dinobots robot modes as custimization parts? (Grimlocks Head, sludges legs) Think about it, when tieger said no dinobots, Im sure he meant no T-rex, Triceratops etc alt modes would be included in multiplayer rather than the dinobots themselves for customization.

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I think it would be better if they were kill streaks or something.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To answer the question directly posed, it is highly doubtful to me that the pieces of the dinbots will be parts for customization. They are apparently drastically different in size and thus it seems to me unlikely to be put into that system. I could be wrong of course, but I wouldn't bet my lunch money on it.

But to go into the fan reaction to the news for a bit, he said in one of the interviews that Dinobots are not in multiplayer. He then went into the reasons why, which a lot of people seem to ignore.

First off the dinobots are a LOT bigger than the other characters. So if they were to be in multiplayer the maps would have to be a lot bigger, and thus require more time to make, thus meaning fewer maps. So if you don't mind only 3 multiplayer maps and tiny dinosaurs, then yeah go ahead and be upset about lack of dinobots.

Next, the dinobots are completely over powered. This is because they knew they wouldn't be in multiplayer so they didn't have to balance their abilities. The plus side of this is that when you play them in the single player you feel hella powerful. It's something you look forward to. If you would rather the dinobots be weak and mundane, then yeah, go ahead and be be upset about the lack of dinobots.

Thirdly, at least for Grimlock, his gameplay is completely different than any other character in the game. He cannot transform at will. He has no ranged weapons, other than throwing enemies. He completely doesn't perform in a fashion that would be good for multiplayer. The upside to this is his level(s) are built around this concept. Transforming him is a reward designed to make you pump it up to 11. So if you would rather Grimlock to be more mundane and less unique, then yeah, go ahead and be upset about the lack of dinobots.

The reality is there is no right answer to this. Tieger is doing his job of trying to make the best game he can. He knows the dinobots are beloved characters. He's said himself numerous times that Grimlock is one of his favorite characters. So he wants to make them fantastic. He wants people to say, "Oh my god! DID YOU JUST SEE WHAT I DID!? I AM A FREAKING BAD ASS!" And to try to fit a concept like that into a multiplayer system that was very well received would most likely only harm that multiplayer system.

Could High Moon and Tieger have done things differently? Of course. But they made the decision to make the dinobots something special.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    The Dinobots are huge.
    Make them smaller.

The Dinobots are obscenely powerful.
    Nobody is as strong as they are in story-mode.

The Dinobots can't transform at will.
    Let them.

5. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

The Dinobots are not in multiplayer because nobody is in multiplayer. They give you parts, you make your character. Naturally the parts of all robots will be at your disposal (including the dinobots) And size doesent matter it can change to fit a body. imagine Bumblebee with Megatron shoulders (which you can make)

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Thank you.

7. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you! Tieger and his lame excuses. I wish the guys that did ROTF would do this game. FOC is a step back from WFC.

8. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

If we don't get the dinobots in multiplayer, than i hope we at least get Grimlock's head for use in the customization part

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Off-topic , but "Drunk-Wheeljack" is a hilarious user title :lol 

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    although i hope they will be usable as parts, i doubt they will be cause the dino parts might not fit into car, jet (maybe swoop), truck, or tank modes

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't see it happening unless they decide there is to be a brute size category.

Escalation might be a possibility for them.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i'd like to see grimlock be a buyable item in escalation so he attacks all the enemies outside (same for bruticus)

13. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I don't mind Multi-player so much, as long as multi-player doesn't include Escalation in Tieger's world. At the very least, we should be allowed to use them in that.

14. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Personally I understand and support the idea... Dinobots in dino form in MP would be weird. I do think they should have a melee based class in MP tho.

15. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

I understand what you mean however I can see several solutions to these problems. First off If the Dinobots parts are too big, I dont see why they cant just shrink the parts for customization and stick Grimlocks parts into Leader class with OP and Ironhide's. Next I dont see why their arms would make them any more powerful than Ratchets arms or OPs legs because if I remember correctly, in wfc the chassis someone used didnt really matter gameplay wise so I doubt customization will either. I also doubt Grimlock's parts would come with his sword and shield in multiplayer or better yet him in general, When I think of the dinobots parts for customization I dont think of having Grimlock, Slag and Swoop themselves in multiplayer rather than some sweet shoulders and legs to give my custom. anyways thats how I see it happening and if they dont then fine by me that just means less parts for customization.