No Dice On New Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Parsox, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Parsox

Parsox Lieutenant

The wife is a RPh at the local wally word so she is able to look at the toy section for me prior to her shift (god bless her soul)

anways she calls and states there appears to be some new TFs out but a guy has them all in his cart and when asked if he was going to buy all of them of course the answer is "yep"

scalpers 1 local collector 0

oh well....patience is a virtue right?

2. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I really hate scalpers, I feel for ya man. There needs to be a law or limit to the number of new toys can be bought at once....or not.

3. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kinda surprised places like TRU and whatnot haven't put limits on these toys. The scalpers are going to find ways around that, for sure, but with such a huge shortage, and such a large amount of people complaining about it, you'd think they'd finally do something about it.

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Then they'd lose money. They don't give a damn where it's coming from, as long as they get it.

5. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not completely sure on that. Many store still like to have an appearence of customer service. In fact my local Target even put out a sign saying they will not go into the back to get toys so that all customers have a fair chance. (this sign was right in front of the Transformers section)

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You'd think they would keep these fully stocked up. All those kids going to see the movie, getting pumped, then getting mom to take them to Kmart, Walmart afterwards, just to find a bunch of Wreckages who were'nt in the movie. (cool fig btw)

So that's how I ended up with a Wheelie when I was little back in 86, all the other movie toys were being scalped at the time

7. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    That's the thing... Nobody ever expected the movie stuff to sell this well... Just look at Spiderman and TMNT stuff... Clearanced and/or shelf warming. Hasbro, like most of the fandom (apparently) never expected this to turn out so well. Demand > supply = shelves are pretty much bare.

8. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    The lady at walmart a couple of nights ago told me that they don't care if someone comes in and buys them buy the box, she even admitted that people come in and say they are scalpers and are buying to sell on Ebay. I live in Jacksonville and we have a target, walmart and tru around almost every corner. I have been to no less than 20 of them in the past week and NOTHING!! Only thing I've seen is some voyager megs, ironhide, ratchet and protoforms... I liked the movie and all but I feel it has awoken the scalpers to our hobby and now it's just getting ridiculous.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah. That blows.

10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

scalp

Ya, the only reason Target has the collector sign posted is because they do not want their underlings off the floor in the back room when they are supposed to be their assigned tasks.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It's no coincidence that "scalper" has the same number of letters as "scumbag".

12. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    I always thought it was because they could be used interchangably.

13. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

true. so true.:D 

14. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

In defense of Target, I have seen them ask scalpers to put figures back. However it was Star Wars exclusives so I don't know what the deal was. Maybe the power of Lucas compelled them.