NO "Clones" for TF3!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Jan 3, 2010.

?

Do you want any "Clones" in TF3?

1. YES

11.9%
  2. NO

45.5%
  3. Maybe some(explain)

18.9%
  4. I dont care

23.8%
  1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

As long as they are different colors I don't mind if robots share the same body type and alt mode. Makes it easier to tell they are a different characters even if they didn't get many lines.

2. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    voted Maybe some...

If it is not completely overused and has a explanation to why there is clones i'll will be okay with it... Decepticon, Wise at least "as" IMO it fits there ways perfectly.

3. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Is it really that big of a deal? I noticed the clones, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the movie in any way. In fact, to not reuse some of the models would be a complete waste.

Was anyone really that confused about the Blackout/Grindor thing? Couldn't people just assume that there was another Decepticon that decided to be a helicopter as well?

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    I would be fine if there were a few if they were coloured differently.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The thing that bothered me was the exact same robot just hanging out in the background (like Bonecrusher).

Now, if those bots were different colors (like Grindor/Blackout) then hell yeah I'm all for it. It's not like we haven't seen that before (Seekers?).

But the actual clones with no explanation...didn't do it for me.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This. couldn't agree more..

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I don't want to see them either because it can create confusion, but I am afraid we probably will see them because it saves on money.

8. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

if there was one body type of the clones I'd say it's alright. like if there were an army of just blackouts on screen opposed to scrapper here, rampage there and over there, and three mixmasters scattered somewhere. There should be one definite "clone/drone/army builder."

9. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think so. There's no need; there's plenty of good characters out there, some ripe for main roles, some better suited as fodder. The clones in 2 were born out of necessity and narrative confusion, maybe this time they could, i dunno, take their time and be more thoughtful? Nahhh..

10. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Don't get me wrong here, Decepticon Seekers like Thundercracker, Skywarp, ect. and Autobot Seekers like Prowl, Bluestreak, ect. I'm all for it! You could make them clones of each other with different paint jobs and names, Shit put them in TF3 because it relates to the Transformer History/lour. What happen in ROTF is with out a question Bay and Team cutting corners and time Throwing in Misc. bot designs to save money and putting in "more" bots to kill and such.

I know we had the writer strike and all and I'm guessing thats what rushed the story and caused them to do this but still I'd rather them not just throw in a "Mixmaster here" and a "Longhaul there" and just use what they got so it will make sense with the story/plot there telling.

11. OptimusPrimeFour

Trust me dude If I had the money i would. I just know that the live action movies they are making can be that much better and thats why I think Bay is making a big mistake not taking that extra 1 year off and releasing TF3 in 2012.

Bay even said himself that he needs a year off to clear his thoughts, that he got "robots on the brain" but Paramount/Dreamworks are being dicks about it and want to just rush to get the shit out and keep on their money train. I think that the whole extra year off was a great plan because Bay and team need some R&R to get their shit together and I know most of us collectors wouldn't mind a extra year to save money and better prepare for the 3rd installment.

12. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

Bonecrusher can be explained to why he's in the movie. His jungle bonecrusher bio states he healed himself and went AWOL with Megatrons death. But I dont think bay went with that Idea... He's probably like: Remember that skater guy from the first film? Lets have him kill our randomly and not explained female bots so they dont have to be in the next film. As for the clones and devastator thing. Devastator was a protoform that could split into sections much like the old arcee combiner concept. He was not seperate bots but peices of himself in seperate vehicle forms.

13. Andrew28b

Andrew28b Nemesis custom

Also during the forest battle before Grindor getting damaged, he has rust spots like megatron. Mostly the rust areas are on his legs and arms. I dont think Grindor is the real name for the character. It's just an excuse to resell the same toy of a "New" character. If you pause after prime says "ill take you all on!" you can see "Grindor" has rust on his legs up to his thigh(mostly on his knee and feet) and I dont think its dirt cause he hasnt been thrown to the ground or what not. I think Grindor is just in reality blackout.

14. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

No Clones!! For the love of God, NO!!

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    okay this is intreasting arugment but here is how i look at it there apears to be clones in the movie cause where megatron first talks to the fallen apears to be a factory where they make more transformers meening it would be some kind of production line

or am i looking into it to much

16. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

No. It's annoying to keep track of which clone is which and its doing what

17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, I didn't mind the Constructicons having clones in ROTF, since it helped add to their very minimal screentime. Had they not been present, their only scene would have been the revival scene, where we really didn't get a good look at them. However, I find the recycling of Blackout and Bonecrusher without explanation sad.

18. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Real-World Explanation: Laziness and money-saving on the part of ILM

Feel free to make up your own version of what Blackout and Bonecrusher models were doing in ROTF, because sadly, I don't think we'll ever get a real reason.

19. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    The only constructicon clone in ROTF was Scrapper, the others were merely alt modes, and meant to be nothing more. Yes, we do see another cement truck and a yellow alt for rampage, but no robot forms, so then there is no clones in my book.

20. OptimusPrimeFour

100% agreed!:thumbs2: