NO "Clones" for TF3!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OptimusPrimeFour, Jan 3, 2010.

?

Do you want any "Clones" in TF3?

1. YES

11.9%
  2. NO

45.5%
  3. Maybe some(explain)

18.9%
  4. I dont care

23.8%
  1. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

I'm not trying to bash ROTF but I hate the whole clone concept, especially the constructicon clone's and then you got a bonecrusher and blackout/Grindor also. This is not what we meant by more bots!!! I would rather leave them out because it cuts back on newer characters like jolt, Soundwave, ect. The "protoform" clones I could forgive because most didn't have time or the opportunity to scan alt modes they just had to rush into battle. Its just annoying because your like "Didn't that one dye?" or "Ain't he already combined with the others?". If they do another combiner team in TF3 like the Combaticons, Stunticons, Arialbots I don't want to see clones of them or any other "dead" character.

2. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could forgive the Bonecrusher clone since it wasn't exactly like him, was modified (albeit not dramatically) and was considerably larger than BC was.

However I cannot forgive how obvious it was having his vehicle mode in ROTF - it stuck out like a sore thumb and I know it made people around me in the cinema start murmuring about it's random appearance. Same with Grindor.

I can understand the financial benefits of having 'clones' but it really doesn't help shoddy storylines or having no explanation(in the films) as to why there are some transformers that look identical/so similar.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I was fine with Bonecrusher and Grindor, but I was kinda upset at the Constructicons, give them new names, personalities, characteristics, and I guess I'm ok with it, though I would like a little mention of it.

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in two minds of the Decepticlones. I mean the climactic battle is so bizarre, these clones just shooting up NEST while Devastator is somewhere else. Yet, it makes sense that some of these Decepticons are so bizarre and animalistic that there has to be more than one of them: Soundwave could have an extra Ravage or two, the same Scorponok that attacked Jetfire may not be the same one that was used by Blackout, and there has to be more than one Decepticon doctor (in my fanfics I imagine swarms of Scalpels repairing Decepticons). And let's face it, in real life we have dozens of construction vehicles whose only distinguishing feature are their sizes, and generics are nothing new in Transformers (there may as well have been Thundercracker that attacked Sam and Mikaela in the room).

5. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

I understand the concept of the "clones", and I know a real explanation for it and an in-fiction explanation. They wanted to save money, so they re-used some of the robot designs, and used the body-type theory from G1 to justify that (though unexplained, it's the only logical explanation I can have). What really annoyed me was that there was no explanation for this. I'm in for the clones, as long as they're explained in TF3.

6. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, as for the "protoform" guys you gotta remember, the Decepticons were no long hiding, Megatron had big speech about it :p 

7. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I have no problem with bots and alt modes looking similar as long as the characters are distinct - afterall it has kinda happened right from G1 (Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen - etc)

8. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Come on Clones are everywhere in Transformers, all the repaints and every thing. I would want Clones only if they could just change the colors so they could be passed off as diffrent Characters, if we have clones that means A giant battle....in the City cause it would be more exciting that way

9. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I agree here with this fellow person here.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

clones make perfect sense though in transformers; mass produced robots with the same vehicle modes; especially for something as powerful as devastator?

megatron sure wouldn't want to not be able to have such a powerful weapon; just because bonecrusher just HAPPENED to be some where else; or dead or something. why not have tons and tons of clones, especially when the decepticons tend to not be all that smart. and he doesn't care about brains, only loyalty.

megatron doesn't care about individuality either. they're just soldiers to him, i wouldn't be surprised if he had 100's of grinder's in the next film, because it would make total complete sense to have an army of the same thing.

we don't send 5 different jets in a formation; do we? no of course not; we send the same 5 jets into a formation, because that way they all have the exact same capabilities and speed. you do not want a fighter to be the weakest link after all.

i suppose megatron feels the same way, his soldiers do not have any individuality, except for a few, like starscream, and barricade, other then that he doesn't care.

unlike optimus who values individuality. but they both want the same thing, loyalty, and bravery in battle from their troops.

megatron just goes about it a different way.

besides like previously mentioned transformers is FULL of repaints, always has been, always will be.

i mean g1 had the same 6 jets with different colors, and 3 had different wings, and that's all.

it would not be transformers with out repaints.

heck megatron in g1 had TONS of clones, especially on cybertron. *war dawn; for example*

you act like it's something new; but it's not. not only is it something old, but it makes perfect sense for megatron to want an army of grinders, or an army of mindless bonecrushers, or an even bigger army of starscreams; just as long as they are brainless, and can follow orders, to their deaths if he orders it so.

it also makes megatron; just THAT much more evil if you think about it. think about it an army of clones, at megatron's disposal. hey, it worked well in starwars.

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The renders are ridiculously expensive to produce, asking for all of them not to be reused between films is just out of the realm of possibility.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I thought the clones were a really bad idea.

It's hard enough keeping track of the robots sometimes between the complexity of the designs and bad angles, when you throw in a bunch of robots that look the same and even have the save colors it's tough to know what the heck is going on.

Decepticons were already too disposable and clones just make it even easier to just slaughter Decepticons in groves to get rid of any feeling that maybe the bad guys at least have a slim chance at winning.

Clones also give them the excuse to not put any personality to the robots. Yes Transformers has always had repaints, but at least the repaints came with new personalities instead of saying oh he's exactly like Starscream he's just painted blue.

Plus why go with a formula other franchises have stumbled with? Transformers dropped the idea of things like 3 Starscreams, 4 Thundercrackers, or 5 Reflectors because it just wasn't very interesting story telling. Star Wars changed up the clones being all alike in personality because it wasn't compelling story telling. GI Joe Sigma Six failed because the Joes fought BATs instead of characters. Clones with no personality just feel flat compared to actual characters, when you make it robots with no personality it only gets worse.

13. Protoman

Protoman The Legendary One Veteran

News Credits:
    I think don't like the clones cause it somewhat puts them off the first time watching the movie wonder "Hey..... why is Long Haul and Mixmaster in 2 places at once".

In the end, it's just cheaper for the movie to go this route.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    ME WANT CLONES!!!, i want thundercraker and skywarp in TF3 and they are clones of starscream

15. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Okay you guys are obviously talking about Clones being used instead of new Characters, im talking about Clones being thrown in for a big battle, i mean a couple Barricades, Brawls, and Constructicons being sent down to earth for a big battle, same thing for the Autobots, copy Jazz, Bumblebee, and jolt, I'd want them to be Recolored so they arent the same characters and no one gets confused. Admit it you would love to see a Autobot Commander come down with a whole battalion of Recolors

16. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter as well. I don't mind having clones as long as the TF's that share the same body type have different color schemes from one another.

17. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If it bothers you so much why don't you fund the next movie then? Does it really makes a difference if all grunt Decepticons are different kind of grunts?

18. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

i would like to see nemisis prime....same alt mode and everything as op.but is black and is EVIL

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I was fine and dandy with the protoforms. The Constructicons - I was sad to see they were just mindless grunts, but most Decepticons are in the films.

As for Clonecrusher and Grindor, it wouldn't have hurt to have Grindor name himself - "Grindor reporting - found the boy." in Cybertronian jib jab.

Clonecrusher - they could've just put his vehicle mode behind Long Haul and Mixmaster, almost out of sight - that way the general audience doesn't see it, and we do later on when the Decepticons were getting ready to rumble. That way, when we see his robot mode take out Arcee and Flareup, he just looks like a run of the mill robot. Or even, they could've repainted him, for Hasbro to have another toy to sell of the big guy.

Devastator - we never saw his Constructicons in robot mode, so who cares? Maybe one of them could've said something in Cybertronian like Grindor - "This is so and so, the Constructicon drones class A are ready"

20. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

I think the only clones should be the protoforms, similar tot he ones which were used in the egypt battle in rotf. No other clones for me, it takes away from the realism of the transformers movie universe a bit for me.