No classics at Toy Fair?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Scouts are mainline yellow cards, Seacons are exclusives (and it seems all the odd ball releases are getting chucked on red cards). AT this point, I think a LOT of you need to give up this perfect classification some of you need. Hasbro took a slight break from "proper" movie toys to give a few classics and to "cleanse the pallet" from the last year or so of movie toys. Hasbro can, will and HAS put toys anywhere they wanted for whatever reason. Roll with it.

As stated, Toy Fair is for Hasbro is get retailers excited and buying all the NEW stuff they have on slate for Transformers (basically equating to movie tie and Kre-O (sp?) stuff). Generations and Powercore, even if they are continuing, are secondary concerns to the actual movie product.

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

All exclusives.

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Someone needs to make a complicated Venn-diagram deal for this clusterfuck of toylines from the last year or so.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Scout Powerglide is going to have a happy spot on my shelf. Unless there's a United release and I'll be picking up that one.

5. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Uh, no they didn't. They said the yellow box line was a line that was intentionally ambiguous as to its continuity; which is why the line was just called "TRANSFORMERS"

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    I was never complaining I was merely correcting someone, but I was wrong as well thanks for clearing that up for me. :) 

7. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    RTS toys = pretty much anything you want them to be, in your own collection/personal fanon.

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

When retailers are so crazy for any toys that are related to movies a toy company would be insane not to take advantage of it at Toy Fair. Sure fan sites get hold of the pictures of upcoming products but the sell at Toy Fair isn't to us it's to the representatives of the stores that will be putting the product on their shelves.

You can have the coolest toy in the world but if you can't arm bend the retailer to put it on their shelf then it's not going to be at your local Wal-Mart or Target. GI Joe has really had this problem of cool new toys but retailers not sold on the cool new line because of the Rise of Cobra toys.

Plus just think how disappointed fans would be if everything cool was shown off at Toy Fair and nothing cool was left to show off for the first time at Bot Con. I think it's kind of nice of Hasbro to save something special for the fans who have to do so much just to attend a con.