No bay for TF2 ?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hanwombat, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanwombat

hanwombat I'm not a Wombat really..

2. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Urrrghh!!

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    all because of no blu-ray?

come on man :p 

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I can't help but wonder if he was being sarcastic. If he were to make an official announcement about TF2, I would hope he would do it in a much more official manner than this, rather than as a complaint about something else.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    That is such a lame excuse (if it's even real).

6. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

seems legit to me the people on the board dont seem to be surprised he's there so maybe he posts there regularly I dunno. Bit of a mixed feeling about this really, personally I dont like Blu-ray its too expensive, so I was happy with paramounts desicion but I also want Bay on TF2 (if only so no-one else can come in and f**k it up) I guess time will tell.

7. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    I would say that's pretty legit. Mods, this looks like front page news material to me...

8. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    God, I hope he's not serious. It would be a really lame excuse for not coming back.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    IMO that would be the first truly twatty TF related decision he's made.

10. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The impression I have been getting is he never wanted to do #2 and has been looking for any excuse to get out of it.

11. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Didnt he do an interview saying he wanted to make a trilogy?

12. killahbuny

killahbuny Well-Known Member

I dont know if that was him or if theres just been mixed reports due to the fact that two sequals were greenlit. He was a little standoffish about doing the sequals, stating that he just wanted to have leverage in agreeing his fee as the reason that he hadnt signed up yet but with this news it does just look like he wanted an excuse to get out.

Im a little sad about this actually; oh well let the "who will direct tf2" threads commence >_<

13. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    Part of me says "To hell with Bay then!" and then the other part agrees with him. This could really suck for TF2.

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good I have a HD 1080p TV and I want Transformers in BLU-RAY stand by your guns Bay I got your back!

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Was the first thing i thought of. There's no doubt the film is a commercial success but maybe there are those behind the scenes pushing for something different in the sequel.

...on HIS terms perhaps.

16. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I think Bay (Like Speilberg) truly believe Blu-ray is the better format and is pissed that people (us) cannot watch his movie in this better format all because of some sell-outs at paramount. Its been confirmed that Paramount execs would rather sell an inferior product to its customers and they WILL feel the sting, when they could have made hundreds of millions of dollars selling Blu-ray versions of Transformers, but choose not too. Bay is standing up for what he believes is right. Which is usually the Bay motto. I am really proud of him and am glad he is chosing not to support this lame decission from Paramount/Dreamworks by boycotting the studio. I know I have until they reverse there decision.

17. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    No Bay?! Man, that sucks..

18. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    waaaaaah

Dear Mr. Bay,
    Thank you for a halfway decent Transformers movie. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Sincerely,
    ~NK

Seriously, the last thing a doomed format war needs is one more fanboy cheering for one side or the other, no matter how much of a celebrity they might be. And if the nutbag even thinks that he could hold a TF movie hostage with this, then he's an arrogant twat.

19. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

He's just blowing smoke and trying to get leverage. Nobody in Hollywood makes up their mind that quickly on something and then stands by the decision permanently. The bottom line is that Transformers has already made over $100 million more at the domestic box office than Bay's next most successful movie, and is his first real blockbuster in over 6 years. His percentage take means that Transformers has done very, very well for him financially, and ultimately that will overcome his objection to something as arbitrary and silly as preferring one HD format to another for the home release. If he really cared that much about his movies looking as good as possible he wouldn't release it on standard DVD, and that's not going to happen.

20. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Oh my lord... I can barely believe that Michael Bay - a grown man and a long-time professional in the industry - would even type this kind of drivel. It reads like a damn 14-year old kid wrote it.

Honestly - I personally don't give a rat's ass about the Blu-Ray decision. I even if I didn't have a HD player (well, thanks to the PS3, I have both) - I can still watch it on DVD.

If Paramount said that they were not releasing it on DVD... then I'd be pissed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.