No Ark?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, May 14, 2010.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Not taking account the comics or or novel.

The Decepticons have the Nemesis somewhere.

Do you think there will be an Ark for TF3?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

We've got this far without it so I doubt it has much chance of making an appearance. Maybe if the Autobots are getting their asses handed to them in the climactic battle and there is a scene in Earth's orbit similar to that in the '86 movie where reinforcements are dropping out of the Ark to skydive down to help Prime and co.

Otherwise, like Cybertron, it may be lucky enough to get namechecked but that would be it IMO.

3. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    ^ I swear to god that would be so epic if they did something like that.

4. Mykamusprime

Mykamusprime Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt that the Ark will make an appearance since according to the films, the transformers do not need a space ship for long distance traveling.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I could see something named 'The Ark' appearing, but whether or not it would be the Autobot's spaceship would be another thing. It would probably be an ancient Cybertronian box Sam opens and he gets Allspark knowledge zapped into his brain. Again. The Covenant of Primus. The Ark of Primus.

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Didn't Bay say that there will be no Ark because they thought that things that transformed to travelled needed a spaceship? Though I think it will be cool.

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    They broke their own rule by having the Nemesis.

8. Mykamusprime

I missed the thing about the Nemesis, where can I find that?

9. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Wasn't that the crashed ship the Fallen was hanging out in? And the Fallen can teleport so he probably has even less need for a spaceship than robots that can change into vehicles.

10. Mykamusprime

Hey, I never caught that, I Just thougt it was some kind of lair of something. Now I have to go watch again.

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    To be honest maybe it was a lair and not a ship. I can't say I looked closely enough to now be certain. I thought it was generally accepted it was the Nemesis, or at least a crashed ship. Although if I claimed it was definitely a ship now then some smartarse will probably come in here and smugly correct me that it's a lair. Or vice versa. Such is the internet. :p 

Watch it again and make up your own mind. :)  But if it is a ship then not being able to have the Ark because of the 'they don't use ships because they transform' rule wouldn't apply.

12. Mykamusprime

Yeah I'll check it out. But now, I'm really liking the thought of it being The Nemesis.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    One can hope. I don't think bumblebee's autotbot insignia flashlight could reach far. Darkside of the moon while the nemesis is on mars? Just a movie guess though, no novels or comics associated. Kinda figured it'd be abandoned though. Entry forms don't seem like they'd allow ways to leave, and if someone's on it, why didn't they help during the fallen? Is it prime's back up plan in case this world gets destroyed in the war? >.>

Oh wait it's michael bay, it's probably just abandoned. It'll show up next movie for bigger explosion as it transforms and walks as omega supreme. Foot steps make explosions. Now that's michael bay upping the ante. Transport does seem like a need though at some point. Though the way the first movie ends, it gives the feeling they abandoned their only way home. None of them can fly, and they abandoned the ship? And just how did they leave the atmosphere of their planet?

There are lots of things they can do with it, from beacons, to weapons, and transformations, so I hope that's how they up the scale this time.
    But between the nemesis which was carrying cargo, the protoform pods, it seems like the decepticons needed a ship. So did the autobots come without extra materials from home? Was it that long a journey, and bb just waved those few off to come down? So more meteors are just flying around looking for interest or waiting for the signal to reach them... But it's michael bay, so I don't know if they'll ever bother even with subtlety. It's not like they need to be blatant, but some autobot exposition to know what they've got but aren't telling us would be nice, or even a foreboding shadow 5 second clip...

14. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    The Ark and the Nemesis ARE in the movieverse, in the novel "Ghost of yesterday", the prequel to the first movie

so yea, just getting that out there

15. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I personally think it would be cool for the Autobots to have their own custom hangout, instead of sitting around in vehicle mode in a giant hangar on Diego Garcia like some billionaire's car collection. But the Ark as we know it is not necessary, as has been covered in this thread. The "protoform mode" explains Autobot space travel.

What I think is going to happen, and the reason I think they're filming on Florida's space coast, is that the "Autobots Go Home" campaign will lead Optimus and crew to exit the planet in compliance with the wishes of most humans. Maybe they get their Protoform outfitting at NASA and blast of from Kennedy headed out into space.

Then, as soon as the Autobots are gone, the 'Cons begin to execute their master plan to force humanity to self destruct so that they can reap the energy resources of the planet and leave it dead and barren. But wait! In dramatic fashion, the Autobots return with reinforcements to defeat Megatron and seal their alliance with humanity once and for all.

The whole thing is very G1, but darker. Then again, it's just my theory.

16. Mykamusprime

Sounds pretty good

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not having the Ark has been one of those big missed opportunities in the movies. You want something big to make people say wow then it's hard to beat a space ship large enough to carry Transformers across the stars. Plus it would have been a lot cooler place for the characters to hang out in instead of a bland boring military hanger.

Wasn't it in one of the books or something that the Transformers used ships to travel across the stars and what we saw in the movie was just entry modes they use to make planet fall when they think the ship would give away their arrival. I mean when you think about it a ship that had a power source big enough to make a worm hole fits better than flying across the vastness of space by yourself somewhere under the speed of light.

18. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Look I said disregarding the comics and novels. Because once a new movie is out information in those is disregarded by on-screen material.

Case in point. The Nemesis, the Seven Primes not Thirteen Primes and the Fallen hiding on the Nemesis.

On screen we have no reference yet to on an Ark.

Also having both the Ark and Nemesis means one thing... Space battles.

19. ricanhornet

ricanhornet Well-Known Member

That doesn't make any sense. There has to be some sort of docking station that they launch out of whenever called upon. Kind of how Ravage launched out of Soundwave. They need to launch out of something..... Autobots and Decepticons, alike.

20. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Well Megatron 'flew' under his own power without a giant starship all the way from Cybertron to Earth when he followed the Allspark.

I admit, he and starscream are probably the only 2 Transformers who could do that, protoform or no (maybe Jetfire when he was younger, bless 'im).

Therefore, logic dictates that the rest of the characters would need some form of interstellar travel/public transport.

Then again, that's just my logic...