No 3D.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Dec 5, 2011.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there going to be a new film part 4 or 5 please just make it 2D its getting boring now every film that comes out got to be real 3D..

TBH ive seen DOTM IN 3D And it wasn't much special..

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I LOVED DotM in 3D, because it was the RIGHT kind of 3D. While I don't speak proudly of Bay as a director, I stand by my claim of him being an AMAZING cinematographer, he knows his cameras, and I feel he did great with it. It's true, a lot of movies are 3D, for the gimmick, and it's the bullshit done in post-production, he did it right by shooting with 3D cameras. The freeway scene is an EXCELLENT example of the 3D popping out correctly.

3. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

3D makes any action movie better. It's not the 3D itself, but rather, for the 3D to work, they need to pan out. Without the 3D, the action shots often are zoomed in and you can't really see what's going on. Besides, you have the option of seeing it in 2D if it bothers you that much.

4. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked the 3D in DOTM - it was a rare example (in my experience) of the 3D mainly being used to add depth to scenes, rather than the "BAM! Right in your face!" effect*.

There's aspects of some movies I don't particularly enjoy, but I wouldn't deny them to those who do like them just because of personal taste.

* - I'll admit there were a couple of these moments, ie Sam swinging around Starscream, but far less than other 3D movies I've seen, eg POTC4.

5. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    See it in 2D. Problem solved!

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I hope they're going to do the next movie in black and white. Every movie gets made in color, how boring.

7. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And what about that sound? Every movie has sound these days, I'd rather see a good old B&W silent movie.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How does this qualify as being boring?

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm with you guys - the 3D was a showcase of what a movie in 3D could be like. Big scenes like, for example, Optimus Prime flying through the middle of the skyscraper or the inital pan across Cybertron through the various layers of its structure really drew you into the scene. Plus the highway chase (especially Bumblebee's transformation and jumping toward the audience, over a jacknifing lorry) was a real tour de force.

Michael Bay might not be one for directing the most moving drama on the planet, but I can think of few others who can navigate their way around a huge, in your face action sequence like that.

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Forget it being in film form. Moving pictures is boring. Having it carved in stone is way better.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

Seems to be the cool thing to knock anything new or something that pushes the envelope. Whilst there is always an option of viewing something in 2D why the hell whinge about the 3D version? Come back if TF4 is 3D only.....maybe ppl will listen then and not take the piss.

12. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Transformers 4 in black and white, shoot I'd watch that in an instant. :) 

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    3D brings in extra money by bumping up ticket prices and final box office take. While it still does that 3D won't be going anywhere.
    Personally I have no interest in joining in the current trend for 3D movies.

14. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Until I can watch 3D wihtout having to wear glasses (seriosly I already have glasses I don't want another pair to watch a movie) I don't give a damn about 3D.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And the thing is that 3D looks even stronger at home. Not only are the images more crisp, but the depth is more pronounced. The smaller the screen the better the depth. When I watched DOTM at the Imax, the 3D was not as strong my second viewing at a smaller theater. And when I watched Coroline at home, it looked so much better than the theater. I can't wait to watch this one in 3D at home.

16. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Haha, this thread makes me chuckle.

In a good way.

Basically I said to a friend that the 3D in DOTM was very good, exactly how I would expect it to be, but then he countered that the film practically was 2D in some places. I had to ask which bits, and he said for example, that the far away views of cities was basically flat.

I said, but thats exactly how far away objects look, because the viewing angles are so slight there wouldn't be any appreciable depth anyway... to which he said that's not what he wants in a 3D film.

He wants exaggerated views and crazy depth of field, I thought that kind of thing is gimmicky and poop. Differant wants I suppose. Having said that he said the 3D in Tron Legacy was also poop, but I've not seen TL in 3D yet...

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    So, not only do you not want to see any more films in 3D, but you want to prohibit me from watching them too?

Kinda messed up, doncha think?

18. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can take or leave 3D, although I can definitely see the potential in the new breed of 3D. It’s still a relatively new technology, don't forget, so it can only get better. Besides, I thought the 3D in DOTM was, for the most part, very well done. If Transformers 4 and 5 are done in 3D I have no doubt they will look better.

19. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Dotm in 3D was 2D with annoying glasses.
    Dotm in IMAX 3D was the most glorious 3D i've ever seen. IMAX is the best and makes me like 3D :D 
    Also couldn't you just view it in 2D? 3D isn't compulsory...

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]