Nip/Tuck season 5

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wreckgar, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

So it just aired. Not sure if anyone watched it but I know Jux has to comie in soon.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great episode and I enjoyed the little digs they made at themselves. My favorite was when they mention the corny "season 5" ideas that shows do in the episode completely ripping on the reports of them doing the same thing.

Anyway, spoilers...

Sean seems to be playing the part of Christian in LA. Nice reversal but probably expected. What better way to freshen the show than turn Sean into his opposite but still keep his personality. Also, it was funny seeing the Druish Princess make a guest appearance.

I'm not looking forward to the reality show idea in the season perviews but the rest seems pretty solid thus far. Let's hope it stays that way

2. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

This show is a train wreck. I don't wanna watch the fuckedupness, yet I cannot look away.

Season's off to a solid stuff. Can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the cast.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    my local station stopped showing love to nip/tuck awhile back and that makes the KA sad :( 

4. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Thought it was a pretty good way to start off the season. I was cracking up at all the shots they were taking at themselves.

5. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

Lady Cha-Cha :eek: 

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I stopped watching at the end of last season because I just lost interest.

The commercials for this season got me interested again, and since my girlfriend is a big fan we tuned in.

I was pleasantly surprised, it was a real good episode.

7. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I liked the first episode, alittle slow but it had to be to build up for the season. Did like the change that Sean got out in hollywood. I was watching the previews of the upcoming season and couldn't believe that they were gonna do a reality show too.

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    They jumped the shark a long time ago, but I still give it chances to keep me. This is a make or break season for me.

I like the role reversal with Sean and Christian, but Tia Carrera's character was dumb, I hope she isn't a recurring character.

I also hope the bad acting on the spoof show isn't a recurring thing. It was humorous at first, but then it just got hard to watch.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    zomg when did tia join the cast?!!

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I haven't watched the show since season two, but the previews had me interested. the episode was pretty solid, and much more entertaining than Heroes so I think I'll tune for a while at least.

11. Arcee

Arcee Optimus Scourge Forever TFW2005 Supporter

A quick video clip showed Sean kissing Julia so I don't know if that means they'll be getting back together? I think one of the docs are going to do the CHA CHA with Lady Cha Cha :D .

12. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

good show i didnt really like the first episode of the new season hope it gets better

13. Wreckgar

Tia joined this season. She is going to be a regular character I think because she was at the Red Carpet premier.

The female assistant doctor on Hearts and Scalpels was cute. She's going to get more air time from the looks of the previews as well with an interest in Sean.

And whoever left after season 2 missed seasion 3 which was fantastically twisted with the Carver.

14. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Great ep to start the season.

Yay!

The only bad thing is having to wait until April for 'The Shield' :( 

15. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Holy mother of god I want to bang the shit out of Eden.

This show is so awesome this season, and so much more fucked up.

16. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Season 4 was definately not my cup o tea. It was good, but I think Season 3 spoiled me in terms of kickass and as Wreckgar said: "Twisted". Season 5 seems better than 4 so far, but time will tell if they can ever recreate the magic that was Season 3.

17. Wreckgar

So we are what, 4 eipsodes in. What are your thoughts so far?

This episode clinches it. I'm loving the direction the show is going. Poor Sean is getting screwed with again but at least he's getting pleasure and not just feeling guilty. Also, I can't wait until next week when the "daughter" meets Christian. I hope he fucks her up.

The only thing I don't like is how LA was supposed to be a distance from the past but they have brought back Kimber, Matt, and Julia. I'm just waiting for Christian's psycho ex to pop up again demanding the kid. But overall, it's a fantastic season.

18. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Sorry I'm late to the party ... but I have been following the season.

So far, I love it. It has many of the themes we are already familiar with, but they're playing with the characters in different ways. Sean is still struggling against his desires, but you can sense they're really building up to something good. The episode tonight with him arguing with his disheveled self was great.

I like that they're in an environment where they aren't the top dogs anymore. When they started going on the show, I was worried that they would use that as a vessel to re-hash old stories, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Overall, I'm impressed so far. I was apprehensive, given the series finale-esque ending last season and then the news that they would air a full 22+ episodes this year instead of the half season. I was worried it would affect the quality of the storylines, but so far, it hasn't (let's just hope those damned writers get back to work). The new love interest for Julia was a great twist, and I like that we're seeing more of Annie and her growing up, instead of being a background character to Matt. And shit son, speaking of Matt, I didn't see the end of last week's episode coming. Eden's character is well played, and I like the concept of her toying with both Sean and Christian - one who is more likely to surrender to desire, and one who is likely to play the game right back. It adds a new element to the old "Sean vs. Christian" story that should let us see more of the two characters.

If played correctly, this could turn out to be a great season. And I concur with Wreckie, if you haven't seen Season 3 and the Carver, you're really missing out.

19. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    He should have banged the nun.

20. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

And for those of you who haven't been watching this year, this is the latest addition to the cast:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016