Nintendo WII U -

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by trdkamuri51o, Sep 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so yeah i havent seen a thread about this so i wonder is anyone here actually getting it to have it or to flip it???

i have 3 total.. looking to flip 2 of course and keep one for the kids..

did u guys get your pre orders in??? or waiting for it to come out???

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Looking to "flip" 2 systems huh? Welcome to my ignore list friendo.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Hasn't seen a Wii U thread, massive discussion only one page away.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Same.

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

:lol  Just waltzed right into the lion's den. :lol  If there is one thing I know of that is pretty much universally unpopular with TFW2005 types, its scalpers. People are still mad about some of those store exclusives and short packed toys over here.

I suppose this should go into the general Wii U thread. Might be best to have a general Wii U thread post launch, but I'm not a mod or anything here.

But to answer the question, Ive got my 1 Wii U Premium preordered for myself. I also have Rayman Legends and Zombi U preordered. Not going to order any more games in anticipation and hope of some post-release deals on software.

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not that bad, guys... I mean, honestly, he's not going to be putting a gun to anyone's head and stealing money out of their pockets. Whoever buys them will be purchasing something they want and more than likely be happy to obtain it.

... it's really not all that.

As for the original post and subject: No. $350 is way too much to spend on something that will likely be readily available within a few weeks of the original release. This isn't PS4 or x720... this is Nintendo catching up to the current for a few months until Sony and Xbox change the game again.

8. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think what's more likely to happen is he is going to end up selling them to some desperate parent who's child really wanted one for christmas and wasn't able to get one because people like this guy bought more than they needed to with the intent of flipping them for a profit.

You could say that if the parent knows the kid really wants one that they will line up to get one, but not every parent can do that, and if people are buying 3 times what they require for themselves then it's really making the situation that much worse.

It may not be holding a gun to anyone's head, but it's playing off the guilt of the parent for not being able to get that thing their child really wants to try and extort a profit out of them, and that's pretty low I think.

Then again, maybe he ends up selling it to someone with none of these problems, but the problem of introducing artificial scarcity for nothing but the sake of profit still exists, and parents will be put into this situation.

I realize that parents have to say no sometimes, and for some this will be one of those times, but that doesn't make what this guy is doing alright

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's apparently preordered them NOW... unless I'm reading wrong? If there's a parent still looking for one during the holiday season, then it won't be because this particular person preordered three. I'm sure that between launch and restocks up until the holiday season, people will have more than enough chance to get them, even if they have to put more effort into obtaining than just walking into the store whenever they want to: They may have to check around, and go to a store when it opens. Who knows.

And, granted someone misses those opportunities to get them at retail, I have a feeling they'll be more than glad to pay a bit extra because they found someone who's actually selling them.

Everyone's different, but for me personally, someone preordering 3 is a whole lot different than someone doing something like walking into a store at launch and clearing out stock.

10. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Well, I would be one to argue that I dont think that PS4 and 720 will completely outclass the Wii U. Sure, they will look a lot better, but I am expecting Wii U to be capable of downports. Wii U's GPU may be low horsepower, but should still be a large step up from the current generation consoles.

But yeah, Wii Us will most likely be available within a month or so of release, but I want to have a nice winter vacation playing Zombi U!

11. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.