Nintendo Switch/NX Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Mar 17, 2015.

1. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No thanks.

If I post said links, then you'll initiate a semantics debate about whether they're a "major" retailer, or whether it's an individual using a storefront on the website of said retailer, or what have you. I have no desire to rehash this debate.

Bottom line: Virtually every online retailer has been persistently out of stock for ages for anyone not using a stock tracker, and the stock that is available is above MSRP. Routinely by more than $100 USD, with no games or accessories. It's extremely difficult if no impossible to find currently - online - at MSRP. As happens with every Nintendo platform and product of late.

The semantics of whether the retailers or individuals are the ones raising the prices is irrelevant to me (and, I'm sure, to other online consumers who unlike me don't have one and are trying to acquire one,) as the presence of online stock would negate either problem.

Strengthened by the fact that, once again, I've tried to post some hopefully positive news, that would ameliorate this issue regardless of the semantics involved in how we choose to characterize it, and you've seized instead on the one part you disagree with to challenge me to "prove it" essentially, I repeat what I've told you several times now on this form: I have no desire to be dragged into semantic debates, and refuse to participate.

My opinion is my opinion: the system is too damned hard to find currently, leading to scarcity driven price gouging irrespective of who's doing it, and I hope that changes. That opinion on my part isn't changing no matter what anyone says or what the semantics are. Feel free (as I'm sure you will) to disagree, but don't expect me to defend or debate it. I'm not here for that.

No hostility should be inferred, I just want to be extremely clear.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Well I can show you links that are showing you to be false.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo...-with-Neon-Blue-and-Neon-Red-Joy-Con/55449981

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=119513636&cp=2255974.119659196&parentPage=family

Nintendo Switch Console with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con

Please actually check your facts.

And before you go find the "Sold by Toywiz" at Walmart... That's like blaming Amazon for -me- posting a switch on Amazon for 7999999999$. So don't try that bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

My guess is that he's looking at independent resellers that are selling through Amazon and Wal-Mart's online storefronts.

But those are scalpers with storefront accounts, not actual retailers--major or otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  4. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Undecided between Splatoon 2 or Fate/EXTELLA. I really don't want to buy both right now.

I didn't play enough of Splatoon 2 to really make a decision. I know that by the time N starts charging for online service that I'd be way past done with the game anyways.
    As for Fate/EXTELLA, I know nothing about the anime, but I do love me some musou games.

5. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Why question about Splatoon is why have any of the reveiwers even humored this "IT's spaltoon 1.5" bullshit, why is it NO other shooter gets people claiming it's "Just 1.5"?

6. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Probably getting Splatoon 2 this Friday. Need a new game for Switch, and loved it on Wii U. How are the controls though? Have not played the demo.

7. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

The controls are pretty much the same, though they did move the jump button. Other than that, I don't think you'll have any problems.

8. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I've never played Splatoon. I know they've had the test drive things but I've always missed them. Is it fun at all single player? Or can 7 and 8 year olds play it?

9. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Its cool. I honestly can't say why the distinction between 1st party and 3rd party sales is so important to me. Maybe because I think 1st party sellers price gouging kinda gives Nintendo a black eye? And it's not like Nintendo isn't trying as hard as possible to get more out there. There's a well documented parts shortage.

I do think that they aren't as hard to find as you might think, even online. And in person I think a determined shopper should be able to find one in a week or two tops just by checking Walmart and Target on the likely restock days (typically Friday, I believe).

• Like Like x 1
  10. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
    My retort would be semantic and would refer to the specific, careful choice of words I used in my post (such as all those examples you gave being out of stock perpetually) so ... since I refuse to get into semantic debates as stated ad nauseum by now...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As stated, not debating it. Choose someone else to argue about it with. That goes for everyone. I'm not here to "win" or have endless debates about my positions, or to defend my feelings about things. I've said everything I'm going to about this.

Again, no hostility should be inferred.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  11. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, umm.....how 'bout that Cave Story+?!

Ok, so maybe spending $30 in 2017 for a physical copy of Cave Story is a bit decadent (foolish?), but it's a nice package; beautiful boxart, a mini-CD soundtrack and an NES-style instruction manual.

First time playing and it's quite fun! At this stage, it's feeling a bit light on exploration compared to other Metroidvania-style games, but the shooting mechanics are top-notch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

The first Splatoon had a pretty basic single player mode that wasn't really that challenging. It was more like a glorified tutorial for the general mechanics of the game, since the main draw was the multiplayer mode.

Splatoon 2 single player looks like it improves on everything about the previous game, but I haven't seen any gameplay outside the trailer for it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

IN for Splatoon 2...donwenhae a list of Switch TFW'er friend codes?

14. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

I keep seeing available stock in my area.

Murphy's law perhaps...

• Like Like x 1
  15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ya I’m hyped for Friday. Always need more Switch games. Especially Nintendo made ones.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    My Switch is at home. Will post later. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  17. AnonymousDwell

News Credits:
  18. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Could we have a console like SNES and 64.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

What do you even mean by that?

20. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sorry, it was a question.