Nintendo makes wii hard drive!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gaastra, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ---But you have to be a game reviewer to get it.

GoNintendo - Nintendo sending review copies of new Wii games to media outlets via...digital distribution

"Here's something that's definitely worth taking note of. In the most recent IGN Nintendo Voice Chat podcast, we learn that IGN got themselves a copy of Endless Ocean: Blue World a few days back for review. IGN got a review copy of a game...why is this a big deal? It's the method in which Nintendo delivered it that is truly interesting.

It turns out that Nintendo actually sent a digital copy of the game over the internet. This game copy was then played by IGN via a Wii equipped with a hard drive. We know that Nintendo has already put multiple hard drive-equipped Wiis in hotels and other special locations, but it seems that some of these units have made their ways to reviewers. It seems like an awfully big step for a company like Nintendo."

Ign, gamepro and other game reviewers are getting wii with a harddrive. Some of them made it out to market. Plus nintendo power says it has big news next month and nintendo has been working on "hardware".

Looks like we might be getting a harddrive for the wii!

2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Eh, I'm well and beyond done spending money on Wii accessories.

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i'm fine with just sd card support. it does the trick well enough. nintendo has always had certain accessories just for industry types so i wouldn't get my hopes up.

4. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

Same here (and I brought entirely too many accessories for Wii and I'm not playing it). I might buy more Wii games when they show up in the bargain bin, though.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    My Wii already has a HDD. Softmod FTW!

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see how this is a big deal.
    Call me when there is an actual HDD for the Wii that I can buy, and it actually enhances the system.

7. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    So that would explain how they are going to release download characters for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom...

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

9. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
  10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    not really. SD card is cheaper for the consumer.

11. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Cheaper=/=Easier...Unless it does. Then I'll just look like an idiot...But with how I already look...Yeah.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yes, it is also easier to put a little card in your wii that adds lots of storage space opposed to a hard drive that doesnt fit in the system and has to be set somewhere else taking up more space.

13. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    lol. Ok. You win. Damn :p 

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

suddenly, a flashback...

N64 DD... not again!

15. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

SD cards are getting so huge these days, that hard drives are hardly necessary, especially since they added SDHC support last year. Though I guess it might be an issue if you download an absolute crapload of stuff.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol The other day I turned my Wii on for the first time since September, and it was only to get Mario Kart out of it to lend to a friend.

17. Argroh Valdios

Argroh Valdios Well-Known Member

there's Monster Hunter Tri, and a chance for various add-ons like new Monsters, locations, and weapon types. (Dual Sword and Gunlance, maybe?)

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'll never understand people who say this. you bought the system, and you're just letting it sit, ignoring good games. tatsunoko vs. capcom just came out. stellar game. everyone with a wii should own it. not owning it makes me think that someone bought a wii just to make jokes about not turning it on.

19. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I'll explain it clearly, from my point of view (I have to add that clause to keep people from thinking that I'm playing politics with system fanboy-ism).

My wii stopped getting used when I bought my PS3. The PS3 does everything better, has better games, better selection, better replayability, and more interaction.

I'm not ignoring good games because I'm spurning the wii, rather I'm having a deep and meaningful affiar with the sexier PS3.

For me it's a matter of calling a spade a spade. I've been a Nintendo consumer since before most posters on this board were born. My original NES was the Duck Hunt/Gyromite w/R.O.B. set. My og Nintendo credit is strong. I had the first issue of Nintendo Power.

The PS3 is a better instrument of entertainment. It keeps me busy enough that I don't have time to slum it with Mario...

well, that's not true. I use the Wii once or twice a year when a 1st party game comes out. But for someone who wants to play good games on an immersive internet ready system...the wii can't hold a candle to the PS3 (or 360 really).

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    but there are quality games on the wii that cannot be found on the PS3 or 360. sure, PS3 games are prettier, but PS3 doesnt have tatsunoko vs. capcom or monster hunter 3. both of which are games very much worth playing.

I own all five current gen systems, play them all equally. I don't care what system a good game is on, I'll play it wherever it goes.