Nintendo DS Jets now available through Wifi

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Batman, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey everyone,

The Target Promotion for the Nintendo DS Transformers video game (Autobots and Decepticons) is now over. Which means North American players can now download the Jet model (Skydive and G1 Starscream) for 2500 Wifi tokens. I managed to get them yesterday and I am in Canada (I have had 3000 tokens in both games since July). This is awesome news for Canadians and Americans alike.

Previously the only way to get one was to download it at a Nintendo DS station at Target where you had to watch a game trailer for Transformers DS. Unfortunately many Targets did not know how to use the Download stations ( which is a DS plugged in with a special cartridge from Nintendo emitting Wifi to your DS). Many Targets never received the update and some people just live nowhere near a Target. Canada does not have any Target stores so they were screwed all together.

European players were always able to Download the Jet at 2500 tokens because they have a different pressing of the game.

Sorry if anyone has already posted this.

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Cool news. I still should pick up Autobots.

3. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Woo!

I gotta remember to log in before the daily cutoff, I'm way the hell behind on tokens. :( 

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    less than 100 tokens away from getting G1 Starscream! Yes!

5. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The G1 Starscream looks just like the movie toy repaint, I may have to get one now. It is really nice having it in the Autobot version, it is so much more fun now.

6. Signal Lancer

Signal Lancer Brave Soldier of Justice

News Credits:
    I just wish I could use WiFi Connection... The DS isn't compatible with my network and I'm certainly not going to make it less secure just to play some games or spend more money on equipment when what I already have should work. (I still want those other vehicles and 100% completion though...)

7. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:

There is some connection info at the Nintendo Website if that helps. I do not know if you have seen it or not so here it is:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/connection.jsp

Also you could always buy the DS Wifi connector (I think $29.99) but like you said why spend money on something that should work. Well best of luck!

8. Signal Lancer

News Credits:
    The problem is that the DS only has basic WEP support for connecting to "secure" networks and no support at all for WPA or WPA2. After a bit of research the Connector (in addition to being that additional equipment I'm not going to buy) would be more trouble than it's worth to set up, and that's if it would actually work in my environment anyway.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Just go to McDonalds. Free DS wifi support.

10. Signal Lancer

News Credits:
    I've done that once so far, (I've only had my DS for about a week) but I don't have time to just sit at McDonald's and play games.

It's my fault for not researching it better, but this is like the opposite of the problem I had with the PSP, where I could get on practically any network, but none of the games support infrastructure...

11. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

I scored a used USB wifi thingy off eBay for $10, much better than the MSRP. I probably wouldn't ever have bothered but then I found out the TF DS games have unlockables via only the online game. I did manage to get the jets from a Target though, albeit not at the first one I tried.