Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Darkhawk79, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    I was wondering what the difference is between the 2 as my wife wants one for x-mas and i'm trying to decide which one to get her

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Ummm...

Well, the original DS is larger, has a less brighter screen and isn't as readily available anymore. The new (standard) DS Lite is what is currently available and I prefer mine over my original DS. It is smaller, brighter screens, better battery life and in many respects better ergonomics.

The original DS had a larger size and had plastic parts that sort of protruded and pushed into your palms if you held it like a standard controller. I got to the point where I only used mine for various games. The DS Lite is far superior and supersedes the original design. Unless you buy one used, or as a special edition, I don't think you can even get an original DS system.

In short, just get her the DS Lite Brain Age 2 edition (black bottom, red top) and a few other games.

3. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

The Brain Age 2 system/Bundle has been having problems with the touch screen being darker/yellowed looking :( 

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Actually, that is a system issue that some DS Lites have in general and isn't just limited to that bundle. The lower screen on my DS Lite has a slight yellow tinge, but it is ONLY noticeable to me on a white or light colored screen.

5. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

Never had that problem on any of the 3 systems in my house, the 2, at my brothers. I HAVE heard it has been a widespread issue with that bundle??

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the original DS still in production? Can't remember when I saw any other than Lites.

7. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

nope, any you might see in stores would be leftover stock from a year ago. they pretty much stopped production of the original when they started making the ds lite, considering the lite is better in every aspect and goes for the same price. i think they got rid of old stock by bundling it with games like animal crossing and nintendogs.

8. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    DS Lite is awesome. I bought my fiancee one last Christmas and she still can't put it down. I have one that's about 2 years old and it works like a dream...