Nintendo creating new HD Console

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Matrixbeast, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
  2. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    ...funny thing is? I don't know anything about this system and yet I want it more than the PSP2NGP. :X

3. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

I want to want it....but their track record of snubbing the people who made up their original and long lived fan base has me incredibly skeptical. I do want to see more information on it though.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're right, that is a funny thing, considering how unrelated those two things are.

<---- Especially considering this

That said. Hopefully Nintendo delivers on this the way they have with the 3DS. I love that little thing.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Hmmmm. We shall see I guess.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I can't even remember the last time I turned my Wii on was so I'm not too excited about this.

7. Trenner Dios

I mean, HD is one thing, but how powerful will the console actually be? Will there be an online community comparable to PSN or XBL (no stupid ass friend codes)? Will there be more third party support? Fewer terrible franchise cash-in games from terrible developers? Will it be super gimmicky?

Important questions I need answers on before I can truly judge.

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope this next Nintendo system will be more traditional. I don't think they're gonna drop motion control, but I would like to see a standard controller with all the funcitionality of a PS3/360 controller, only it can split apart and be a motion controller to. Options!

If it is more powerfull then the 360 or PS3, and it comes out next year, I think they have a chance to get a great jump ahead of the MS and Sony. Now, Nintendo, give in to the achievement craze because it makes people pretty loyal. Who wouldn't want to see "Achievement Unlocked: Obtained Master Sword"?

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    This is exactly why I said we shall see.

10. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Same. If this turns out to be as good as the 3DS, I'll be happy.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I realized that I have owned mine since almost launch and I have bought 3 games for it (if you don't consider the game cube games I have bought to play on it, or the virtual console games (which were all classic games). I'm optimistic because of the 3DS, but not excited....yet.

12. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

*Sigh* I've been with Nintendo since the SNES, after the Wii I just don't know if I want to get myself another Nintendo console that I would just end up getting shafted on anyway. Going off on a tangent, does anyone know how far behind Sony and Microsoft are with their next consoles? I'm getting to the point where I can't just drop another 500+ on a console.

13. Trenner Dios

I think they're both going to be around for a good long time, thankfully. Support for them is not dwindling, and I personally haven't seen anything suggesting their next gen consoles will be coming any time soon.

14. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

The Wii is a decent system, but definitely has some major flaws. I'm most disgusted with the lack of online support. There is virtually no online presence when it comes to the Wii. Bugs me. Even worse, I hate how they refuse to add more to their virtual console offerings. I have been waiting for ages for NES Turtles II. Don't think it's gonna happen. Heck, would be nice to see some more N64 games too.

I like the Wii, but it is gimmicky. I think I have enjoyed the New Super Mario Bros and Mario Kart the most. The MLB Power Pros games are great too (of course they are no longer being released in the states). The Wii's Mario Party is mediocre when compared to previous versions though.

15. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Welp, after the waste of money that is my Wii, I'm not sure I'll be jumping on this.

gotta remember to part-ex the wii before the new console is unveiled.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't particularly like the Wii because I still feel it was a way Nintendo could spend 5 years without the cost of really upgrading their hardware, but that doesn't mean it's not worth having. Maybe it's just that I grew up on a steady diet of Nintendo games, but they really are still truly one of the best game developers around. Today's game market doesn't really cater to the mascot games anymore, yet still Nintendo has released 2 3D mario's and a 2D mario game that honestly are 3 of my favorite games of the current generation. That's quite an accomplishment if you ask me, considering maybe only Bioware can match that as a company. They also made a ton of other games that aren't necessarily my cup of tea, like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros, but I at least acknowledge the great content they have. I guess my point is that I want whatever system Nintendo is making games for.

I will say, though, that one of the most agitating things is their online store. No matter what I do, they won't accept my credit card info, and when they tell you they don't accept it, they don't let you alter the info, they just dump you out back at the store. That... is very frustrating so I certainly would like to see them clean all that up.

17. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I enjoy my wii, and I also enjoy the 360 and the ps3. I feel that the wii gets so much hatred that just is not justified.

Im buying this new one once it comes out anyway.

18. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

The "achievments" will be called "Mushroom Stamps"......make it so!

19. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

i'll buy it as i have every other nintendo console, yeah im a fanboy, deal with it =p However im not fully loyal, i have a 360 too, and i have to agree, friend codes need to be out (or at least just a single one like 3ds) and we need better online and entertainment features.

I think nintendo need to make a better home screen more akin to the 360's, promoting events and demo's etc, keep up to date on stuff ( as in fresh release's of virtual console etc)

i definitely don't feel let down by the game's we've had or are yet to have, ill admit mine isn't getting much use lately due to a lack of new releases, but eh its had a good run =) But i eagerly await E3.. should be a damn good show this year.

now give me more 3ds games to tied me over and release last story and layton 4 god damn it! =D

20. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

As long as I get me some good graphics on a Nintendo console, I'm game. Besides, I've been waiting a long time for the classic titles to go to the next level of graphics.