Nintendo 3DS. What's old is NEW again!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NGW, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Yeah that launch list is not very appealing to me at all. I might not even pick up a game. If I do, it would most likely be Street Fighter, Pilotwings, or Steel Diver; however, I have pretty strong reservations on each of those games.

2. raiden225005

raiden225005 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow that list is bad. I can't believe Nintendo is launching this system with an slightly updated ds game, an old ds tech demo, and a bunch of mini games ripped out of wii sports resort. A lot of people are saying that we should be happy that nintendo is giving 3rd party a chance with such a poor opening but then I look at the 3rd party list and see that it is pretty bad too. I know the one redeemingly good game on there is street fighter but I'm happy enough with my 360 and ipod copies of the game.

So does anybody foresee a shortage of 3ds? I would hate to buy a 3ds at launch and not have anything to play for a while but If there is a shortage I probably won't be able to find a 3ds when there are actually good games out.

3. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I hope Sony's NGP starts outselling the 3DS so Nintendo will finally be assed to make New Legend of Zelda (the same way they made NSMB when the PSP actually outsold the DS).

4. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trading in my DS Lite towards the 3DS, which I hope to purchase for my birthday in April. Hopefully, it won't be sold out. Heck, maybe I'll even get Club Nintendo coins for it. I need those coins. Too bad the launch titles suck though. I might get Steel Diver if the reviews are decent, but supposedly the big games like Kid Icarus Uprising, Starfox 64 3D, etc. will be coming out in June just before E3. I think Pokemon Black will hold me off until then.

5. magmatron

magmatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, when did that happen? There was never a year the PSP outsold the DS, it only even got close during it's first year.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll be keeping my DS lite, (I keep all my old systems) but I'll probably buy my 3DS from HK, where I'm sure I'll be able to get it cheaper than in the UK.

But realistically I'll be waiting a little while until I buy, maybe Christmas.

7. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Haha, as usual, we Swedes get shafted. Swedish retail price for the 3DS is $420, but only through a single store, and only if you pre-order it online. Otherwise it will cost a whopping $479... $300 in the US? You guys are lucky...

8. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I should be more specific.

Back in January 2006 PSP outsold the DS by a cool million in America. While Nintendo was dominating sales in Japan at the time, letting the US slip into Sony's hands would fuck them up big time. Later in the year, the release of a certain game rocketed DS sales and BAM! It prints money.

9. gil

gil Godmaster

My gf pre ordered one for me on Amazon, so I should get it a few days after launch. I'm also getting Street Fighter IV. I think SF IV and Pokemon Black and White should put my 3DS to good use until Nintendo releases something like Mario Kart.

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Looking forward to this and the eventual f-zero x 3Ds game. (Come on Nintendo you know you want to!)

11. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tried this out today and absolutely loved it. Kid Icarus was definitely the best game there. The Augmented Reality is also a blast aswell!

Traded in my DSi at Game for £75 (HMV offered £60), and pre-ordered my Blue 3DS.

Roll on the 25th! :D 

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  13. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    *Sees article of Super Mario 3DS*

And THAT is when I'll get my 3DS. :D 

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean REEEEEGE Racer didn't do it for you? :) 

Here's the thing about Netflix. They showed How to Train Your Dragon running in 3D in the E3 unveiling. I wonder if eventually we might get 3D movies on the 3DS streaming.

I know Vudu does it on the PS3.

15. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

eh the reginator said "starting with 3D movie trailers" so i imagine it'll lead to full movies =)

got £107 on a trade in card, funny how i can get £20 trade in on nsmb and mario kart (both ds versions) and yet only £15 for epic mickey. Oh well, they were all games i have beaten and have no desire to replay =D

16. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeh over here, Sky is bringing Movies and TV in 3D

17. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Pfft. Ridge Racer ain't my bag, man. Mario Kart is where it's at. :p 

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Can't see too many people using the 3DS for Netflix. I remember everyone clamoring for it on their iPhone'. Then after it's release, Netflix came out and said that pretty much everyone downloaded it, but almost no one was using it.

The first week to a month after it launches everyone will be like "This is awesome", after that it'll just be a simple icon taking up space in the User Interface.

All I care about for this are the games. It looks like within a few months of launch, I'll know whether or not I really want to buy this.

19. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Just remember that in the next 3 years, you'll get 3 more versions.

3DS Lite, 3DSi, 3DS XLi

20. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    As the tech becomes cheaper, I think a bigger screen would be a huge tick in the plus column for me. I've never had a problem holding out for the right solution. But mobile gaming has become such a strange and fractured beast over the past few years that I'm hesitant to commit to anything at the moment.