Non-TF: NINJA TURTLES and THE SHREDDER (w.i.p)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by encline, Sep 14, 2010.

1. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have been wanting to make some updated not so teenage turtles....I found the drawing in my sig and the ideas started to explode!!!

I am still working on the stories.

So I have purchased some neca turtles, UFC fighters, and will be sculpting A LOT to make these figures come to life...

I am going for more of how I see the turtles in their late teens..maybe twenties....

RAPH- the biggest and most aggressive. I am making him the brute of the group. Bigger arms, bigger..everything...he has past the point of being angry and questioning Leo's ability as a leader. He has come to deeply respect Leo, although, that doesn't stop him from bursting out once and a while....He is loyal to the family, has a smart mouth those he fights, and is still the bad boy....

Mikey- Still the same fun loving youthful spirit of the turtles. He loves being alive and lives everyday to the fullest. His skill level as a fighter is the weakest of the bunch, but that is just because he toys with the bad guys instead of getting down to business right away...He is also the smallest of the group.

Don-What can be said about Don. He has always been the scientist. Always tinkering with gadgets and gizmos. Always trying to find the least violent way to solve a conflict. Yet, when it comes down to it, he can wield his staff to whoop some butt. His very mature, but also is fun loving and cracks almost as many jokes as Mikey!

Leo- The leader of the turtles. The most skilled fighter and the most serious of the group. That is only due to the responsibility he feels towards his brothers. He still likes to let loose when the time is right and have fun...He hopes one day for peace, but knows at this point, he has been giving a gift that he intends to use to protect those he can.

THE SHREDDER- once an orphan, then to become a Yakuza, this "foot" street solder realized he wanted more than to take orders. He decided that power is what is fate had in store. Educated in many forms of honorable fighting skills as a youngster, he felt with honor, came restraint. Killing his master and laying waste to the Dojo he trained at, he decided to work his way through the ranks of the Yakuza. His rage and desire for power blinded him to whom was friend or foe. In his eyes, ALL are foe and below him. After a battle in Japan that left only the Shredder, he decided to travel to new york and start to take control in the biggest city in the world. In his crimes and quick climb to power, he become the "creator" of the turtles by dropping a mutagen into the sewer. He has become the sworn enemy of the turtles.

I am still working on the bios, pretty much the turtles and the same, except for being a more mature, but THE SHREDDER is who I am really excited about. A really bad bad guy!!!

Thanks for looking guys!!! Please feel free to leave any comments or thoughts!!

I plan on using all red bandanas for them..just capturing the personalities with the sculpts.

Here are the base figures with some work I have already finished and some photoshop with the direction I am going for the shredder...The tattoos have already been started..

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    whoa... the idea's behind the turtles ROCKS!! And the Digi for Shedder looks KILLER!!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The work done so far looks awesome. :thumb 

4. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

looks pretty cool. Can we see a larger version of your sig to compare?

5. ShawnDustin

ShawnDustin Decepticon Daydreamer

Great concept on the turtles but I would personally prefer Raph to be leaner because he may be aggressive but damn he's supposed to be really fast! nice job encline!

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm happy with NECA's version of the Turtles but your Shredder sounds amazing!

7. SonOfNemesis

SonOfNemesis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    With age comes scars and old wounds right? Are we gonna see some of that at all? Nice project man!

8. jonnald

jonnald Member

they all look awesome, but i think you should still keep the respectively colored headbands for the turtles because having them all red would be very confusing. unless i read that line wrong, either im excited to see the outcome.

9. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    originally they all had red headbands so I am cool with them having red. Looks great so far.

10. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Huge TMNT fan. Would love to see an updated Shredder. And the sig pic is sick.

11. stprime

stprime THE コンボイ that the Matrix refused

News Credits:
    GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!!!

love it! grabbed the neca turtles but if your plans blow these out of the water... MP TMNT!

and i second the larger pic if possible, i'd use it as a background. oh, if you do have a larger one could you photoshop all the bands red? :D 

12. CREG Customs

CREG Customs Mad plastic Scientist

Ebay:
    Awesome project. Did you get my email?

13. encline

News Credits:
    Here is the larger picture of the turtles....
    [​IMG]

That image was made by Stjepan Sejic from Croatia. This is his deviant art gallery:

nebezial on deviantART

14. encline

News Credits:
    Thanks dude..I am can't wait to get started on Shedders armor.

Thank's Alan..I am still working on a way to integrate the chest/stomach to where it looks turtle-ish, but more humanoid.
    Posted it up!

I always thought of Ralph as just being naturally bigger, so he just imbraced it and started hitting the gym! haha...
    DUDE!! Neca's Turtles are AMAZING! I was sad to cut them up....but I will be getting another set for sure!

welll...you know, I can't do a custom that does not look at least a little worn out:) 

see below...

I was sticking with the red head bands as a way of a through back to the originals... Thanks guys.
    can't wait to get the shredder done man!! He will be my fave for sure!
    HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A TURTLE GET DOWN!!! HAHA...Oh yeah!

MP Ninja Turtles....I LIKE THAT!!
    Thanks my man....
    I can not find it in my mailbox...would it be to much trouble to send it again?

15. Mechafacture

Mechafacture Well-Known Member

dang!!!! this is going to be awesome!!!! I'm loving Shredder!!!

16. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

wow these are amazing love the designs and the back story. im guessing that this shredder is from the movies i never red the original comics. well if so you should do another shredder then. one with a squishy alien brain in his belly. then they can duke it out over who gets control of newyork while the turtles sit back and make funy commentaries anayway great job

17. N Somniac

N Somniac Energon Hoarder

Ebay:
    niiiiiiiiice, way to mature the turtles man! any new pics?

18. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

i love this picture!

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woo missed this somehow in the first go-round great concept, and knowing you and your work I'm sure they'll be amazing!

20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They looks so cool.