Ninja Gaiden 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shin Densetsu, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
  2. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Got this game today, ONLINE PASSCODE DOES NOT WORK! WTF.

Apparently it's not just me, this is happening with a lot of people!

1st impressions: it's okay, there is no combo hit counter(WTF?), and there are no weapons to upgrade. Hell you only use swords, shurikens, and the bow. The upgradable weapons from the 1st 2 next gen Gaidens are GONE. Story-wise, heard it's a prequel before, BUT it seems to take place after 2. Genshin is dead, Joe is blind, et al.

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

for those that care about online reviews...IGN gave this a 3.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Was really looking forward to this, as Ninja Gaiden 2 on x360 is probably my favorite game of all time (the first I just kept going through each difficulty repeatedly until I was done).

To read the reviews, and even see that the trailers don't have the fire to them in gameplay scenes that part 2 did is down right depressing.

I'll probably buy this anyways, but damn I hate going into such an anticpated game with such low expectations.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ninja Gaiden 2 was a letdown for me, after Ninja Gaiden... I don't remember why.

I don't think I finished it? Or did I? Hrm.

NG3 will be a discount buy for me methinks.

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I bought the Original Xbox Ninja Gaiden - beat it on the hardest difficulty (FFFFUUUU), and it was amazing. Then I bought NG Black and it was even better (and though I beat it on Very Hard, Master Ninja, no thanks). Then I got Sigma, and it was ... pretty good, but it felt like it wasn't the step forward it should have been. I bought NG2, but never played it past the first stage, as it just felt lacking the original's tight, merciless gameplay design. Everything I had seen of NG3 in previews looked awful, from the combat difficulty, to the setting, to the plot. To say I had little to no interest in this game from its announcement would be an understatement, and it's depressing to see that everything I had imagined seems to be coming to pass.

Say what you will about Itagaki, but he was the soul of Team Ninja and the remake Ninja Gaiden series. It's clearly suffered without him.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I loved Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden 2.

What I'm hearing about 3 makes me very sad and worried about how Dead or Alive 5 will end up.

8. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Sums it up for me too. I remember combat not quite being as good, and the game being glitchy. However I was still pumped for 3, but after everything i've read about it... maybe when it hits 20 bucks. Preferably 10.

One weapon? Easy, almost mindless combat? This is pretty much the opposite of Ninja Gaiden for me. At least the first/Black we're damned amazing, and even though 2 wasn't the amazing game 1 was, it was still good. 3 just sounds like a damn shame.

9. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The reason you only get one weapon is they are releasing additional weapons via DLC. I believe the first 2 weapons are free, but don't know about additional ones. At this point of this gaming generation, this should shock no one.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    This is absolutely absurd!

So technology has evolved to the point where games like Madden should just get roster updates each year via DLC instead of a full retail release and that has not yet happened.
    That will probably never happen.

Instead what we get is a system where core components of a franchise's gameplay are locked and consumers are forced to turn a $60 game into an $80 or $100 game to get the full experience.

DLC was supposed to be a way to extend a title's life, instead it has evolved into a way to hide the full cost of the game.

11. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    I fully expected this to be garbage since Itagaki is no longer at the helm.

Like others, I'm almost worried for Dead or Alive 5.

Gotta wonder how much of Ninja Gaiden was Itagaki if they managed to screw up Ninja Gaiden 3 so very badly without him. I guess one guy can make all the difference.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I just read the review and watched the video on IGN.

Sounds like a Sonic game!

13. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

I too think Team Ninja went downhill after Itagaki left. He may be a pervert, but the man knew how to make great games.

14. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    You will probably hate this game. It feels like a stripped down Ninja Gaiden, like this seems like it should've been a beta demo for Ninja Gaiden 1 for Xbox.

Honestly, all you need to do is button mash, and if you get low on health, trigger Ninpo, which iirc, restores your health after unleashed. This is on normal mode btw.

Thing is man, Sigma 1 and 2 on PS3, and the Sigma on Vita have the large arsenal of weapons. DLC for Sigma 2 was for costumes and I think levels, same with Sigma 1.

Sad thing is, even with new weapons, there's still no combo hit counter. Consjidering that the fighting already comes off more as Dynasty Warriors style(as in it's basically button mashing in different directions), the lack of combo hit counter is even more apparent.

I'm going to see this game through to completion. It can be fun at times just button mashing and dodging but yes it gets repetitive. I'm not wowed as much as I was the 1st time I played Ninja Gaiden 2 nor the time I saw the 1st cut scenes from the 1st Ninja Gaiden.

This game is sorely lacking Itagaki and it's readily obvious once you start playing. I hope he somehow reconciles with Team Ninja and completely revamps this as a Ninja Gaiden 3 Sigma or something. The acting sounds forced, the story aside from the grip of death curse isn't interesting.

Also I got the collectors edition, doesn't look like I got an online pass unless that DOA premium demo voucher was it, and even THAT doesn't work. WTF?