Ninja Gaiden 2 published by...Microsoft?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by 03Mach1, Sep 12, 2007.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162734

Nice play, MS. Let's see what Sony does to counter this.

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Oh good. Tease us with Ninja Gaiden Sigma then don't give us the sequel. Up yours team ninja!

3. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

wierd, maybe sony can publish the ps3 version :S

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It is a bit weird, but it doesn't necessarily mean MS has permanent exclusivity on this game. Nintendo published Mega Man 6 instead of Capcom, but that still turned up on PlayStation platforms... granted that was more than one console generation later though. Maybe Ninja Gaiden 2 will show up on the PlayStation 4.

6. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

nintendo also published all the gba ff ports instead of square enix. this doesn't really mean a whole lot.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    That doesn't mean the PS3 won't get Ninja Gaiden 2.
    Tecmo is still very much a multisystem publisher.
    It just means that Microsoft is publishing this one -that's it.

I say "Up yours Tema Ninja!" for announcing Dead or Alive: Code Chronus 15 years ago and then never delivering anything on it.

By the way, here is the trailer.
    Looks awesome, but that is to be expected.

8. smangerbot

damn that mac-incompatable trailer.

yeah code chronus... i'm starting to get into a rut with doa so i need new things!

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda lost interest in the NG series since he became a Ninja in Ninja Pajamas. I never got the Xbox or the PS3 version. Ryu used to look all cool in his 8-bit days with the tattered blue ninja outfit, and now he looks like he's wearing pajamas, because he's taken straight out of the sleek clean DOA series. Grated my last outing with the series was in 8-bit, but it always struck me as a very dark world, and him, not so sleek and clean. He now looks like Shinobi from his very first acrade game. Which, in its own rite is cool, but his Ninja outfit is so 80's hahahahaha.

Actually, according to this http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178587.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0 it is exclusive, forever and ever amen.

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Well that sucks. Well played M$ cha-ching!!

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Sir, you do yourself a disservice.
    I do not know if Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3 has all of the features of Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, but if it has even some of them with those crazy PS3 graphics then you should play it.

Features that made the Xbox game so great.
    1. Cutting Edge graphics (the PS3 version has that covered tenfold)
    2. The original 8-bit games unlocked through gameplay
    3. Rachel (scha-wing!)
    4. Multiple outfits for Ryu including his original blue duds.
    5. Incredibly Challenging Gameplay. The game is damn hard! It is never to the point of frustration and only barely goes to a territory I would call "cheap" but it is absolutely hard. Hyabusa Ryu can never remain still for a moment. Standard "grunt" enemies are capable of taking him out in one or two hits.
    How about having a soldier impale you with his bayonet then fire a grenade point blank into your chest? What about having one ninja keep you busy with his sword while another jumps off a wall and hits you explosive shuriken?

Most games these days offer save points every five minutes and force you through a tutorial that prepares you for every challenge you are about to face.

Ninja Gaiden offers none of that.
    Despite the difficulty I felt very rewarded when I beat a level.
    I felt like I earned something.

12. smangerbot

i thought ninja gaiden was hard, but then i decided to learn the moves for just the dragon sword instead of mixing it up all the time and button mashing. started slicin' up fools left right and centre once i knew how to pull off the killer moves, and using the charge properly.

it is unforgiving, but once you learn the way of the ninja, you can become one with the pad.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might have just convinced me to get it.

Don't get me wrong. I played the demo on PS3 and Xbox back then (it's been a while but I didn't see the Ps3 one looking that much better than I remember the Xbox looking, but it might just be the time between playing). The little slickster kicks ass and I love how bloody fast he is, but I just can't get over controlling a Pajama Mamma.

But Changing his outfit like a barbie doll might be fun. I'm going to see if I can rent it and if I like it, I'll buy me a copy.

14. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    To the bolded part, NO :(  But it still was a great game to play through. I really enjoyed and will go back to finish the mission mode once the thrill of Warhawk wears off. I am stuck on one of the mission levels and I pissed me off so much I took a hiatus. But I agree it is a game any Ninja fan should play. Regardless of Ryu's outfit.

15. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I got bored with the original, on the second level, I kinda feel like an ass for doing so, but thems the breaks.

2 should be interesting :D 

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, I'm confused... what has mission mode? Does NG S have a mission mode or the old 8-bit ones?

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I guess I should let Pscoop answer, but I guess Sigma has mission levels like Ninja Gaiden for Xbox had.

Basically you would have to clear the level or a certain number of enemies within a certain time limit and then your rank was posted on Xbox Live. I am guessing it's something similar to that. I rarely got past Ninja Dog rank. :( 

It's a shame that Sigma doesn't have the 8-bit games emulated in them somewhere. It seems like an easy enough feature to add.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That sounds kinda cool. I gues what I thought you meant with Mission mode it a mode where you got "jobs" basically to assasinate someone or release someone. I think mission modes like that add longevity to a game, and you can almost randomize them and reward the player with items usable in the main game.

Still though, I'm going to try to rent it this weekend. If I end up liking it, I'll definitely be up for gettint the 2nd one on La Caja De X when I get mine in Novermeber.

I'm further away from being a Halo fan than anyone here, but my cousin and his wife are getting the Halo edition Xbox this coming week and I'm pretty jealous. I don't care hell about the game, but that's a cool-ass looking box.

19. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ninja Gaiden is not hard... for those of us who have years experience playing Beat em ups.

Seriously, the moment you no longer see it as an adventure game, and you play it as a pure unrelenting combat beat em up, is when suddenly the whole game becomes a big fight in a large arena, as opposed to nice levels with fighting in them.

Its hard to explain, unless you 'get it'. Its like a Zen game or summat..

20. smangerbot

i'm on level 15 at the mo, its gone all mental with crazy jumping lava platforms. i guess if i had to pick a fault it would be the platforming elements.