Nike's for $11,000

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by ShortCircuit, Jun 7, 2007.

1. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Well, I can't justify a piece of expensive art as justifiable as this may be to some.

As well as our toys are considered art to us. It is to me anyway. In a plasticy kind of way. I can't put a price on it, and I don't think too many can.

But, I don't see these shoes gaining value as much as I'd like to think they would, or if I may say "getting attached" to it. But, were all collector's no matter who we may be, and everything has a price. (dare I say everything lol.)

But, what Im trying to imagine is the buyer, who would be in the position to bid. What a baller.

2. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

I think labelling them 'faults' is a little bit bad. The fact is the reason that these people buy these shoes are similar to the reasons we hunt MISB TFs and old people and their antiques...rarity and the memories.

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dont take this personally dude, i'm just taking your thread as a platform to launch my rant.

as a toy collector, i could give a rats ass abt value. ive overpaid for pieces like fort max and overlord (in cash even), not because i think theyre rare or valuable but because i think theyre cool toys. my pic gallery is a testament to how i love these toys - i dont play with them in the sense like a kid does (well, maybe) but i sure dont as heck pay a lot just to let em gather dust on a shelf (in a box no less).

but.

i am aware that its ppl like me that drive up prices, like say, unreleased g2 stunticons. their colors are ugly as heck, menasor is prolly the least cool looking gestalt and only a select few elite collectors are interested in them(which prolly number a dozen or so) but the collectability of such an item is driven up by us fans regardless whether we care for the rare/expensive stuff.

ergo, you cant use the excuse 'oh i dont agree with rare/expensive toys' because regardless whether you approve/disappove, you are a factor to why they are in demand. without you the pleibean common TF buying masses, there is no fanbase that drive up the prices of rare TFs.

i'm cool if you wanna call out stupid auctions, whatever.

but you might wanna check yourself.

edit: and i might just reiterate my point is not about justification. its about hypocrisy.

now stamp collecting, thats a stupid hobby.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Oh KA, I was defending you, and then you had to bash stamps.

Why did you do that silly thing?

5. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

ok , i think we can all find common grounds if we call the sneakers "LUCKY DRAW" sneakers!

6. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Bottle caps anyone? lol

I totally hear ya KA.

But I really couldn't make out what I should check myself for?

Is it because you think Im trying to put a monetary value on it, I couldn't but who would outbid a 11,000 auction on some shoes is beyond me. You better be a Complete SuperFan in this case, or have a really good job or a serious nike collector.....But I guess anyone could say the same about my lil toy collecting too. .....The fee's from Ebay on what this may go for is more than I can shake a stick at.

Hypocrisy is the act of condemning another person, where the stated basis for the criticism is the breach of a rule which also applies to the critic. Though hypocrisy is frequently invoked as an accusation in debates, a few theorists have studied the utility of hypocrisy, and in some cases have suggested that the conflicts manifested as hypocrisy are a necessary or even beneficial part of human behavior and society.

Im not condemning, the seller, Im condeming the buyer.

Like "Who WOULD PAY THAT MUCH" NOT "Im selling it for this much."

Well, a better way to put what Im trying to say is If you don't know what you're buying, and know it well, there is no price to make it justifiable, as I do not know what these shoes are. But FUKIYAMA is something Ive never seen in my life. So Uncheck me from that list.

Tell me about fukiyama in 10 years.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude, just to clarify, i dont have anything against you:

"dont take this personally dude, i'm just taking your thread as a platform to launch my rant."

i was just going on a general soapbox rant.

8. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Oh dude well, I see now, I just read the "you need to check youself part", and I admit I was a bit miffed. I see your posts once in a while and a I always chuckle cause you seem like a cool person. nvm.

shoes sold for 15,100.00 + 14.90 shipping lol.

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    15g's for some shoes.....wow

10. Bumble Prime

think how much the socks are gonna cost!

11. Bumble Prime

think how much the socks are gonna cost!

12. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $15,100???!!!!!!!!!!!!??? I wish I had that kind of money to throw around!